Chapter 22

Second Time's A Charm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SONG HYE KYO

I walked into the set of Now We Are Breaking Up the next day with quite a spring on my steps. I just felt somewhat excited without even knowing the reason as to why. I sat on the makeup chair in my dressing room to get prepped for today's shoot when Joong Ki popped inside to greet me.

"Hey there." He said as he handed me an iced coffee.

"Thanks. Is this from the anonymous coffee truck sent to me?" I teased.

"No. That coffee truck was only here for a day." He rolled his eyes at my teasing. "I bought this myself."

"The sender must be stingy since they only sent me a drink truck for one day. I actually liked the coffee they had." I said, trying to stifle my laugh as Joong Ki frowned at me.

"Then they'll probably send another one for a whole week if you're nice." He said as he stuck his tongue out at me. 

"I'm always nice." I smiled as I sipped the coffee. "Wonder if they can send a food truck next. I do like snacks." 

"Don't push your luck." He said as he continued to frown. "Ahh. I'm really jealous. I hope someone sends me an anonymous food or drink truck too." 

I laughed at him. "Maybe someone will." 

He leaned towards me. "Really? You will?" 

"Not me. But maybe someone will, if you're nice enough." I said to him, mimicking what he said a few seconds ago. 

Joong Ki just gave me a glare as he continued to sit beside me for a while, chatting me up. 

"Joong Ki-ssi. We're ready for you!" One of the staff called out to him, signaling that he was to do one of his scenes. 

"See you later." He grinned as he pinched my cheeks before walking out of my dressing room. 

"It's nice to see the two of you get along." My make up artist said after a while. 

"Yeah. Since we're friends." I replied.

"Everyone was worried when the first choice for the actors were being decided, but we're all glad that the two of you are so amicable with each other." She said as she fixed my hair and make up. I just smiled at her as I continued to drink my coffee and read my script. 

 

When I was called into the set, the director told me that we will be shooting the kissing scene in one of the focal parts of the drama's story. I nodded my head as I received his instructions. 

The setting was at Ha Young Eun's office. It was when Yoon Jae Kook and her finally acknowledged their feelings for each other. 

Joong Ki was standing in front of me as I leaned on the office desk, the director was giving us instructions on how to act out the scene.

"You have to be a little forceful with this kiss, Joong Ki since it's the moment wherein Jae Kook couldn't contain his feelings for Young Eun anymore." The director said.

"That's easy." Joong Ki grinned at me. I just gave him small smile as I shook my head at him. He seems to be enjoying this.

The director walked out of the scene and sat on his chair behind the monitor.

Joong Ki walked towards me, grabbing the back of my neck as he inched closer to kiss me.

"Joong Ki-ssi. I haven't said 'Action' yet!" The director called out. The staffs present at the set started laughing, to which I laughed along as Joong Ki stepped backwards and grinned, then apologized to everyone. 

"Okay. ACTION!" 

"Ha Young Eun." Joong Ki started as he walked towards me with hurried and long strides. 

"Wait. Jae Kook we're at the--" 

Joong Ki grabbed the back of my neck, as his lips crashed into mine. I had to act out that I was against the kiss at first, but as I kept my mouth shut I felt like laughing. I made a chortled sound as the laughter escaped my lips. 

"CUT!"

"I'm so sorry." I said to everyone.

"Why are you laughing? That was our first kiss in a long time. It's not the time to be laughing!" Joong Ki whispered to me as he looked at me in disbelief.

"I'm sorry. I was just feeling nervous for some reason and I ended up laughing." I said to him. 

"Let's do that again. From the part where Jae Kook grabs Young Eun. ACTION!" The director said. 

Joong Ki and I went back to our previous position, his hand holding my neck as he kissed me with a slight force. I kept my mouth shut for the first few seconds, but as I felt his lips move, I slowly opened my mouth and responded. We kissed for what seemed like a full minute before the director called CUT. 

I felt my cheeks blush as Joong Ki and I separated. He had this mischievous smile on his lips. 

"That's a good take." The director said to us.

"Director-nim, shouldn't we film various angles for this? I think the viewers would like that, after all it's an important scene." Joong Ki said to our director. 

"Yah. There are already two cameras on us during the scene, two angles is enough." I said to him in half-whisper. Joong Ki just grinned at me. 

"I think that's a good idea. Let's have a few more takes of this scene so we can film more angles." The director said as he sat back on his chair. "ACTION!"

Joong Ki and I resumed our previous positions. The second take of the kiss felt more urgent as I felt his lips move more and as he tilted his head to the side, to which I followed suit. 

It was after the eighth take when I felt my lips chapping a little. The director wanted to change lenses for the camera so we had a little break. I took out the lip balm that I had kept in my pocket secretly and applied it on my lips. I glared at Joong Ki who was standing in front of me just smiling like some kind of idiot. 

"Are you planning to just shoot this scene for the whole day?" I asked, a little irritated that my lips are starting to hurt.

"That would be a good idea." He snickered. 

"It's just like that time when we did Descendants of the Sun and had to kiss a hundred times at the bell tower in Greece because you wanted to shoot so much angles." I glared. 

"Kissing you a hundred times isn't such a bad idea too if I couldn't do it for the whole day." He said as he chuckled at me. 

 I just gave him another deadly glare as the director called ACTION.

With Joong Ki's hand on my neck once again, he pulled me towards him to kiss me full on the lips. I struggled at first but eventually gave in. His mouth was moving against mine as he caressed my lips with soft kisses. He opened my mouth with his to deepen the kiss further. As we both moved our heads and lips in perfect sync to give off the sensuality of the kiss, I felt Joong Ki slip his tongue inside my mouth, I was surprised at his action but willed myself to remain calm and continue since we were in the middle of filming after all. As I felt his tongue touch mine a little, I heard director call CUT.

"Okay that's a good take! Let's prepare for the next scene." The director called out, and walked out of the set. 

'Yah! Song Joong Ki!" I exclaimed the moment the other staffs followed the director out.

Joong Ki turned back to me with a sly grin on his face as he walked away.

THIS MAN!!!

 

SONG JOONG KI

Filming ended quite late, but despite feeling tired from all the scenes I had to shoot, a smile was still plastered on my face as I remembered the kiss scene I did with Hye Kyo. It might've been too aggressive of me to slip my tongue in while we kissed but I was already doing it before my mind caught up to what I was doing. If it was any other actress I was doing a scene like that with, I would never in a million years do that, but this is Hye Kyo we're talking about. I guess, just like my character, I couldn't contain my feelings anymore at that moment. Despite what Hye Kyo said last night that the kiss was only between our characters, I know that the feelings I had while shooting was definitely mine and not  just Jae Kook's feelings for Young Eun. 

I passed by Hye Kyo as she was getting ready to leave.

"Going home already?" I asked her.

"Go away. I'm still mad at you." She glared. 

"Why?" 

"You know what you did!" She exclaimed in annoyance. 

I couldn't help but snicker at her reaction. "Don't act like that's the first time we kissed like that. And we've done way more than that, no need to be shy."

She didn't seem amused with what I said as she continued to glare at me. "We were filming! What would you do if it shows up on screen that you slipped your tongue in!"

"It won't. I strategically did it. Be proud of me." I teased.

She groaned in frustration. "You're such a ert!"

Hye Kyo walked away from me in annoyance and proceeded to get in her car.

"Bye!" I waved as I called out to her. She just ignored me as she shut the car door with a slam. 

She must be really mad I thought, but I honestly had no regrets about it. Okay, maybe a little since she seemed so mad about it, but I knew in the way that Hye Kyo blushed while she was talking to me that she didn't really hate it. 

"Let's go, Joong Ki." My manager said to me, ushering me towards the car. 

On the way home, I still couldn't stop myself from grinning. I had sent Hye Kyo a message of apology and asked her to come out at the park to meet later on. She only replied with a red angry face emoji, inciting another laughter from me. 

"Why are you so happy?" My manager said.

"Nothing." I replied, masking my laugh with a fake cough. 

My manager didn't say anything and just looked at me like I was going crazy.

As soon as I got home, I quickly changed my clothes and rushed out of the door with a speed of light. I felt exhilarated as I drove towards the park where I'm going to meet up with Hye Kyo. 

When I arrived, I saw her sitting on a bench alone as she held her phone. I quickly ran to her.

"Hi! Have you been waiting long?" I breathed out as I stood in front of her. She looked up to me and just glared.

"Don't be mad anymore. I'm sorry. I really am." I said as I sat down next to her and nudged her arm. She didn't say anything and just continued to glare at me.

"Are you really that mad about it?" I asked. 

She sighed sharply before responding. "I'm not THAT mad. I wasn't expecting it so I couldn't control my emotions after the take. You know how I hate not keeping my calm about things."

"I'm really sorry though. If anything, the director said that it was a good take." I smiled sheepishly. 

She continued to stare at me as she exhaled. "Fine. Why am I so weak when it comes to you, Song Joong Ki?" 

I grinned at her as she finally accepted my apology. "Because you love me." 

"Shut up," She said as she tried to hide her blush. "Anyway, why'd you call me out here for?"

"Want to eat out? I'm really craving for some Chimaek (Chicken and Beer)." I said. 

"Chimaek at this hour? Call!" She grinned.

We both walked towards my car and proceeded to drive to the chicken restaurant that I frequent, knowing that not a lot of people are there at this time of hour. 

When our food arrived, the waitress was giving me and Hye Kyo second glances. I didn't really feel that bothered about it since Hye Kyo was in a full disguise with her face mask and cap and since I was a regular at this place, I was quite confident that they wouldn't spill to anyone that we were here together. And even if they did, we can just cover it up with the 'just friends' narrative again. 

Hye Kyo was happily eating her chicken and I was glad to see her eating since she did seem too thin for her own good these days. 

"You really need to eat more." I said to her as I encircled my hand on her wrist.

She shook of my hand and continued eating. "I'm fine. I told you, I'm on a diet." 

"Why are you even on a diet anyways?" I asked. 

"I have this photoshoot two months from now for Fendi. They're releasing a new line of clothes and I was asked to model for it on a magazine spread." She answered, still continuing to munch on her chicken. 

"Even if you don't go on a diet, I'm sure you'll look just as great. You always do." I said. 

"Thanks. But I don't want to be standing next to models and feel insecure about not looking half as good as them." She replied. 

"It's the models that would feel insecure when they're with you. Standing next to Song Hye Kyo is enough intimidation." I chuckled. 

She rolled her eyes at me. "Thanks for the flattery, but I'm still going on with my diet."

"Then I will just have to feed you more frequently to offset your diet." I said, sticking out my tongue at her as I grabbed a piece of chicken. 

She just ignored me as she continued to eat. 

"You're not scheduled to shoot tomorrow, right?" I asked after a while. 

She nodded. "Yup. I purposely asked for a day off since the day after tomorrow is also a break from filming." 

"I'll miss you tomorrow." I sighed. 

"You're already thinking about missing me tomorrow?" She laughed.

"I'm always missing you anyways, it doesn't make any difference." I frowned. 

"Aigoo." She said as she patted my head. 

"By the way, Ah In has this get together at TMI tomorrow. Want to come?" She asked. 

"What's the occassion?" 

She shrugged. "No idea. He just sent me a text a while ago to come over at TMI since he'll close the shop. He invited me to drink along with him and Hyung Sik." 

"Is it okay for me to go? Isn't it some kind of drinking session between The Queen and her crown princes?" I teased.

"Shut up." She laughed. "I'm sure they'll be delighted to see you. When I told them that we're friends again, they seemed excited to be able to grab a drink with the both of us. We haven't done that in a long time." 

"But we drank with Ah In at TMI when you had that friendly date with Seung Heon sunbae." I grimaced at the memory.

"Yeah but that's a totally different situation from now." She said, brushing off the topic to go any further.

"Okay." I said. "Can I invite Kwang Soo too? He's been asking me to drink non stop this week but I've been so busy so I haven't accepted any of his invitations."

"Sure. Kwang Soo's loads of fun to be around." She smiled. 

"You really are fond of Kwang Soo." I said to her.

"Because he is so funny. My laugh lines become more prominent every time he's around." Hye Kyo laughed. 

"I'm funny too though?" I said.

"Not as much as him." She grinned at m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter