Chapter 15

Second Time's A Charm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SONG JOONG KI

It's been a few weeks since Tae Hyun hyung's birthday party and since that night I haven't talked to Hye Kyo once. 

I knew they were going on these friendly dates, like the one at TMI, but the way Seung Heon sunbae said that he was dating Hye Kyo felt like something else. It felt like he was so sure that those dates they were going on were more than friendly. He had the upper hand on Hye Kyo and I couldn't even do anything to stop the two of them from leaving that night and I couldn't even release the anger I felt, so I did the next best thing. I drank myself senseless.

I barely remember how I got home that night. and I barely remember how I managed to get up the next days after that. I did all my work monotonously that at some point my manager just asked me to take a few days off, go home and cool myself down because although no one has noticed it yet, people are bound to figure out that something was wrong with me and it will show on my work ethic. Something that I should never let happen. 

I flipped through the channels on my television out of boredom. I haven't been out of my house since I was asked to take a few days off. I also didn't have the energy to go out with my friends. I just didn't feel like doing anything. I wanted to see Hye Kyo and I wanted to talk to her but even I can't find the courage to call or even message her. I got nothing from her end too, so that just made me more discouraged. 

I settled on watching the entertainment news that was currently on since nothing remotely interesting was on TV anyways. There were talking about some random news regarding korean actors and actresses, I stood up to get myself a glass of water as I let the tv's sounds drone on, filling the emptiness of my house.

 I was just about to walk back to my living room when the picture flashed on the television screen caught my attention. I rushed back to sit on the couch, turning the volume higher. 

"A few weeks ago, Cha Tae Hyun reportedly held a private birthday party, although not a lot of information was released to the media, a few staff at the hotel that served during the party gave an exclusive interview." The female host said. 

A very blurred photo of our table at Tae Hyun hyung's party a few weeks ago was on the screen. The photo may be blurry but everyone at our table was recognizable.  

I felt my jaw drop as I continued to listen.

"They said that with the number of A-list celebrities in attendance, two of them caught everyone's attention. Song Hye Kyo and Song Joong Ki were seen sitting next to each other at the same table with the birthday celebrant, Cha Tae Hyun along with Park Bo Gum and Lee Kwang Soo. The group seemed to be having fun as they chatted and drank." The host continued. "It is to be noted that Song Hye Kyo and Song Joong Ki got married in 2017 but had divorced in 2019 after only 21 months of marriage. So, it's peculiar that they are hanging out despite breaking up."

"So are they back together? Has the Song Song Couple been revived?" The other host of the show asked. 

"Apparently not. This is fresh off the press so we're the first to cover this news but just a few minutes ago, Dispatch had released photos of Song Hye Kyo on a couple of discreet outings with none other than her Remembering You co-star, Song Seung Heon." 

The photo of our table that was shown previously had now been changed to a couple of Dispatch photographs of two people donning black coats, masks and caps that covered their faces. One photo was of them getting in the same car, another one was them at what seemed like the sea side standing next to each other. The photo that Kwang Soo showed me months ago was also one of the photos that were flashed on the tv. 

I felt my blood rise to my head as I stared at the screen. 

"They seemed like close friends just going on night outs." The male host said. "I don't think Dispatch can call this as an evidence for dating." 

I found myself nodding along with what the male host said. That's right! They were only on friendly dates! It's not like they're already an actual couple!

"But here's the kicker.The last photo that was released by Dispatch is a photo taken the same night of Cha Tae Hyun's birthday party." The female host smiled as the pictures on screen changed to a single blown up photo.

The photo was as clear as day.

Hye Kyo was leaning forward to Seung Heon sunbae. She was giving him a kiss on the cheek. 

"Everyone is on a frenzy with these photos released by Dispatch. Remembering You has aired 10 episodes out of the 25 that is set to be released. The viewer ratings are stellar and with these dating photos released, we are sure that the attention for the drama will soar once again. We're still waiting for any comments from Song Hye Kyo and Song Seung Heon' respective agencies. As of airing, UAA and King Kong By Starship has yet to release a statement of denial or confirmation."The female  host continued.

"So is it safe to assume that the new half of Song Song Couple had switched from Song Joong Ki to Song Seung Heon?" The male host asked.

"Well, according to the hotel staff, Song Hye Kyo and Song Joong Ki looked closer than usual so they thought something was going on between the two of them as well." The female host replied. "Is Song Hye Kyo perhaps seeing the two of them?"

I felt my jaw clench as what the female host said.

"We'll just have to stay tuned for the development of this story." The male host said.  

I was frozen on my seat as the show came to an end. Within seconds, my phone started ringing and beeping endlessly. Calls and messages from my manager, agency, Tae Hyun hyung, Kwang Soo and In Sung hyung all went ignored as I sat in anger at what they thought about Hye Kyo.

My phone was still ringing incessantly, but I continued to ignore it. Letting myself get swallowed with the feelings of hurt and despair as my mind went back to the photo o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter