Two – Fiancée Duties

Corporate Entanglement
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rays of sunshine passed through the huge sliding window of Winter's bedroom. It was already six in the morning and the streets were already getting busy. Winter was all curled up like a burrito under her thick comforter, not wanting to get up because her position made her feel even more sleepy. Her phone alarm continued to ring but she didn't even budge. 

She expected it to ring continuously but to her surprise, it stopped. 

Winter peeked a little under her comforter and almost fell out of her bed when she saw someone standing just beside the table. 

It was no other than her fiancée, Karina Yoo. The girl was already in her uniform, her long, dark blue hair flowed freely on her sleeves. She didn't wear her signature high ponytail today and only two silver hair clips kept her strands from falling all over her face. Her skirt just reached the middle part of her thighs and it looked rather shorter for Karina because of her tall figure. Winter, once again, unconsciously checked the female out.

“Are you just going to stare at me all day? You're late for class which means– you'll be making me late too,” Karina uttered in annoyance, her arms crossed as she stood in front of Winter. 

“What– What on earth are you doing inside my room?! Who told you to just barge in here?” 

“I came here to pick you up. Your dad let me in. Do you have any more questions?” Karina simply replied as if Winter wasn't raging just right now. 

“I don't need you to pick me up? I can go to school on my own.”

“And I don't need your opinion either. Get up and fix yourself for school.”

Winter raged even more. 

“Listen, Karina.” 

“I'm a year older than you,” Karina reminded. 

“Unnie,” Winter corrected in the scariest tone ever only to result to Karina laughing. 

“That sounds weird now. How about calling me with something sweet?” The latter teased. 

“GET OUT OF MY ROOM!” Winter yelled before pushing the older female out and shutting her door tight. 

--

After an hour of preparing for school, Winter grabbed her Louis Vuitton leather backpack and went downstairs. The maids were at their designated spots, tidying the whole mansion up. Winter grabbed a sandwich from the plate and left the place. Karina's presence annoyed her so much so she decided to walk her way to school to get some fresh air. 

Why the hell would she pick me up anyway, Winter thought to herself as she munched on her sandwich. 

A loud honking of a car was heard across the street. Winter looked back and saw a white Bugatti Chiron moving towards her. She then stopped walking and checked who the driver was. As soon as the car's window went down, Winter's jaw almost dropped when she realized who the driver of the luxurious car was. 

“Get in,” Karina ordered before unlocking the door. Winter blinked multiple times before slowly making her way through the front passenger seat. 

“Is this.. yours?” Winter asked while looking around the said vehicle. 

Karina only hummed in response. She was too focused on the road. The girl was usually a reckless driver and her car has been through a lot ever since her father gave it to her as a birthday gift. She didn't know why but she finds Winter very special and she won't let the younger get even a single scratch. 

“Winter,” Karina called out, her eyes still fixed on the road and her palm tightly wrapped around the steering wheel.

“What?”

“Are you fine with us getting married?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter