Ten – Chasing The Cold

Corporate Entanglement
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the ceremony, Winter disappeared from Karina's sight. She took the sash and her official pin on stage and when she looked in front to show it to Winter, the younger was already gone. Karina informed Giselle that she will be looking for Winter before she left the gym. The older searched the whole building but there was no sign of Winter anywhere.

“Maybe she's already in class,” Karina thought to herself.

She then fished her phone out of her pocket to look for Winter's class schedule. To her surprise, she only had one major class for the day and that's where Ningning explained that Winter didn't attend. Karina sighed, not knowing where to find the younger.

“President Yoo!” 

Karina turned her back and was called by Chaeryeong, one of Winter's classmates. 

“Oh, hello.” Karina greeted. 

“Congratulations for winning the elections. I heard Winter helped you with it,” the younger said.

“You know Winter?” 

Chaeryeong giggled and nodded. 

“I'm her classmate. We don't really converse much but she's very special to me. She's my only friend in class since most of our classmates find me weird for being too silent.” 

“I see. Well, that's not weird at all. I'm silent most of the time as well. By the way, have you seen her? I checked your schedule and realized it was already your last class.” 

“Ah, yes! I've seen her enter the school garden before I walked here. I'm not sure if she's still there but it's better if you checked.” 

Karina bowed and thanked Chaeryeong before running towards the garden. She was called by a few professors and the other student council officers for a meeting but she wanted to see Winter so badly. As soon as she reached the silver gate, she entered the place and searched for the young girl. 

Luckily, Winter was still there. She was sitting alone while munching on a sandwich. The view was familiar to Karina and it made her heart soft. She remembered the time when she picked up Winter and saw the younger girl walking on the side of the street while munching on a sandwich. 

“Kim Minjeong,” Karina called out. 

Winter turned her back and was startled to see Karina standing a few inches away from where she was. She placed the empty paper bag on the trash can beside the bench and stood up. 

“Karina? What are you doing here?” 

The older heaved out a soft sigh. 

“You disappeared all of a sudden and I got worried. I searched the whole building, only to find you here.” 

Karina stepped closer to Winter and showed the red sash hanging on her uniform that said 'student council president'. She also leaned

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter