Thirty-nine – Fin.

Corporate Entanglement
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ten years later.

A big round of applause was heard from the entire room. The board of directors, whom Karina hated the most, applauded for the project that Karina had proposed to make their company grow bigger and better. A soft sigh of relief escaped from the dark-haired woman's lips, feeling satisfied with the final outcome of her presentation.

Karina's parents who were seated on the back row wore huge smiles that made the dark-haired woman soften. Wrinkles may be evident on the couple's faces, but the both of them still looked amazing in Karina's eyes.

“Well done, chief executive officer. Kindly e-mail us your project proposal and we will ask a few men to work on it as soon as possible,” one of the board of directors uttered, making Karina smile in such a warm state.

“I'll ask my secretary to send you the e-mail. Thank you so much for coming here with us today,” Karina replied before bowing her head as a sign of respect.

After a few minutes of business chatting, the guests left the building and the employees all went back to their designated places. Karina's parents already left with the board of directors as well, leaving the CEO alone with a few more paperworks to finish. 

Karina arched her back a little, stretching her long limbs before continuing to type on her already worn out keyboard. 

A soft knock was heard from the wooden door of her office. The dark-haired woman uttered a 'come in' which was already enough for the person behind it to hear. Soon enough, Karina's secretary entered with a few more papers in her hands. 

“Miss Yoo, I already processed the papers needed. Should I still e-mail the soft copies?” 

“Yes, you definitely should. Create a formal e-mail and don't forget to thank the boards for accepting our proposal,” Karina replied, her eyes fixed on the desktop screen. 

“Noted, Miss Yoo. Also, there's someone who came here to see you. She just got out of her car a few minutes ago and will probably come here inside your office to greet you. Shall I tell her that you're busy?” 

Karina lifted her head up and stared at her secretary for a few seconds before responding. 

“Who is it? I'm not expecting any guests as of the moment.” 

The secretary paused for a while before a smile crept up on her lips. 

“It is your wife, Miss Yoo. She just got off the plane hours ago and was too excited to see you. I wasn't able to contact you about it because you were too busy,” the secretary replied. 

Karina's jaw almost dropped. She didn't expect that her wife would come home sooner when she expected that the woman would be staying for a few more weeks on Los Angeles because of multiple business meetings. 

“Y–You're not kidding me, right?” Karina asked, clearly nervous. 

“I most definitely am not, Miss Yoo.” 

Another knock was heard from the door of Karina's office. She took a big gulp as she adjusted the buttons of her velvet suit. If her wife was really planning to see her immediately today, she should at least appear decent. 

Soon as the secretary opened the wooden door, a beautiful cat-eyed woman entered the office with a wide smile on her face. She was wearing the same suit that Karina had but with a different color. The woman was welcomed by the dark-haired girl with a wide smile.

“Yeji, welcome back!” 

The chief executive officer stood up her swivel chair and gave the cat-eyed woman a tight hug, to which the latter returned with a tighter one. Karina's secretary bowed her head as a sign of respect for her two bosses before leaving the office. 

“Missed me?” Yeji teased, nudging Karina's shoulder as she let out a soft giggle.

“Missed you? Of course. I definitely missed teasing the crap out of you,” Karina replied before pulling the latter for a tight hug again. 

The cat-eyed woman rolled her eyes in response before gently pulling away from the tight embrace. She fixed the collar of Karina's suit before staring straight at the dark-haired girl's brown orbs. 

“So, how was the presentation?” 

Karina's smile reached all the way her ears, her beautiful doe eyes forming crescents. 

Yeji already knew what that smile meant. 

“Oh my god, the boards actually agreed to your project proposal?!” Yeji exclaimed, her palm covering her lips in surprise. 

“Heck, yes! I had a standing ovation earlier and I pleased all of the board members with my presentation. They asked me to e-mail it to them as soon as possible so they could ask a few of their men to work on it,” Karina replied with the same tone that Yeji gave. 

Yeji couldn't help but to tear up. Karina worked so hard for that project proposal and even skipped a lot of meals for almost two months just to be able to have a good outcome. She definitely deserves the standing ovation and of course, the 'yes' of the boards. 

“Jimin, you have no idea how proud I am of you. You gotta treat yourself after all this. Congratulations!” 

The dark-haired woman replied with a nod. She opened her arms wide again and welcomed Yeji with another tight embrace, the two hugging each other like there's no tomorrow. 

It definitely is Karina'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter