Twenty-nine – Flowers

Corporate Entanglement
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Weekend.

It was supposed to be be Karina's most favorite day of the week– only if her parents didn't push her to finish a lot of paperworks in the office. It's getting tiring for the dark-haired girl for she has been doing it a lot even at school because of her position as the student council president.

Still, it was one of her responsibilities so she had no choice but to do it.

Karina heaved out a deep sigh while she was typing a new report. The boards have been putting their company into too much pressure that even their workers couldn't get enough rest anymore. Her parents have been attending numerous meetings overseas as well and Karina rarely sees them home. 

While trying her best to finish the assigned report, a tiny girl with a light brown hair and such a beautiful face appeared in Karina's head. 

She smiled at the thought of her favorite girl, Winter, cheering for her to motivate her to finish all the company paperworks assigned for her to do. 

Oh, how Karina misses that particular girl so much. 

A loud knock from the office door was heard, making Karina snap out of her thoughts. She wasn't in the mood to answer so she just decided to wait. After a few seconds, the huge oak door opened and it revealed Karina's cousin, Giselle.

“Aeri? What are you doing here?” Karina asked, slightly confused. The Japanese girl doesn't really visit the J-Yoo Industries often– only if it's necessary.

Giselle flashed a soft smile before walking towards Karina's table. She comfortably plopped down on the small couch, squishing herself through the cushions.

“You busy?” Giselle asked, making Karina frown.

“What do you think?” Karina replied in a sarcastic tone. The dark-haired girl rolled her eyes at Giselle before proceeding to type on the keyboard.

Giselle could only chuckle.

It wasn't a rare sight for her to see a grumpy and cold Karina because she has always been like that especially when she gets stressed. 

Only Winter could bring out the softness hiding inside of her.

“Take a chill pill, Yooji. I came here because I was wondering if you want to come with me and Yizhuo. We're going to the mall– maybe shop, eat, whatever,” Giselle uttered, her eyes fixed on Karina.

“You really had the audacity to ask me to become a third wheeler?”

The Japanese girl's laughter echoed throughout the four walls of the office, making Karina flinch in surprise.

“Aeri, can you please make your voice lower, at least?” Karina asked, her heartbeat getting a bit faster.

“Sorry. Anyway, you're not gonna be a third wheel if you decide to come.”

Karina stopped typing. She glanced at Giselle who was now smirking at her.

“What do you mean?” 

“Guess.”

The dark-haired girl frowned. 

“Aeri Uchinaga, I'm not in the mood for guessing games. Can't you see how piled up my paperworks are?” 

“Okay, okay.. geez. Winter's coming with us.” 

Just one mention of Winter's name made Karina's heart beat faster than its normal rate. She bit her lower lip to stop herself from smiling. 

Winter is really getting into her system. 

“She agreed to it?” 

“Well, she told Ning-ie that she's tired of studying all day for the exams so we decided to let her tag along, just to get some fresh Seoul city air,” Giselle replied. 

Karina nodded, still trying her best not to smile widely. 

“And you, Yoo Jimin, need to get some fresh Seoul city air too. So come with us!” 

Karina's eyes were fixed on her laptop's screen again. She paused for a few minutes and acted as if she was thinking about the brunette's offer but she already had her answer even before Giselle persuaded her. 

“Sure, I'll just catch up with you guys. Text me where you are. I'll just finish this one last report,” Karina uttered. 

“Great! By the way, you look hot in that suit so you really don't have to change clothes. You'll surely witness how Winter would go crazy once she sees you,” Giselle winked, making Karina blush. 

“Shut up and leave, Uchinaga.” 

Giselle waved her hand before walking out of the office door. Karina released a soft sigh as she stared at her outfit. The dark-haired girl was wearing a simple, black and white fitted suit and jet black, closed high heels. The first three buttons were already loose and Karina had nothing else underneath, just her red laced brassiere. 

Karina giggled at the thought of Winter's reaction bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter