Twenty-three – Guilt, Just Guilt

Corporate Entanglement
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Winter sat on the hammock just beside their pool as she waited for Karina to arrive. Waking up inside Giselle's car was shocking for her. At first she thought she was being kidnapped but as soon as she bolted up from her position, Giselle was beside her, driving the vehicle. The older told her about Karina leaving so suddenly and that she was asked by the dark-haired girl to bring Winter home.

Sighing, Winter walked closer to the pool and took her bunny slippers off. She dipped both of her legs on the water and let herself enjoy the coldness.

“Miss Kim, I believe there's someone who wants to see you.”

Winter looked up and saw one of their maids smiling at her. She tilted her head in confusion, wondering who it was.

“It's Miss Yoo.”

The younger's face immediately brightened up when she heard the dark-haired girl's surname. She immediately nodded and signaled the maid to let her in. After a few minutes, Karina was already walking her way closer to Winter.

“Hey beautiful,” Karina greeted with a small smile.

Winter got up from her sitting position and rushed towards the older. She then gave Karina a tight embrace as if they have never seen each other hours ago.

“Rina, where have you been? You really let other people bring me home?” Winter's tone was full of disappointment and Karina was quick enough to notice it.

There it is,

that guilt eating up her whole system again.

“I.. I just needed to run a few errands. I'm really sorry for leaving you all of a sudden. I was waking you up but you were just too sleepy,” Karina replied.

Winter's smile went all the way from her ears again. Just by seeing Karina already makes her happy. On the other hand, Karina couldn't look at the younger's beautiful face the same way anymore.

Not after what she has done.

“Babe? You okay?”

Winter noticed the older furrowed her eyebrows, her face looking all tensed up. The younger immediately planted a soft kiss on Karina's lips, making the latter flinch in surprise.

This time, Winter was frowning as well.

“Jimin, is everything okay?”

Karina felt even more nervous when the younger called her by her real name. 

“H–huh? Oh, yeah.. uhm, I'm just really tired. That's all.”

“Well, why didn't you tell me? Let's go inside.”

Both of the girls headed inside the mansion. Only a few maids were there since some of them already went home to enjoy their rest day. Winter led the older towards her room and locked the door, a smirk creeping up on her face.

“Baby, didn't you miss me?”

“We were just together a few hours ago,” Karina answered before sitting on Winter's soft bed.

“But I missed you.”

Winter skipped her way towards Karina and comfortably sat on her lap. Sitting on Karina's lap has been Winter's habit and being straddled by the older while Winter played with her dark locks felt nice and comfy.

To Winter's surprise, Karina's arms stayed on her sides. The older didn't even hug her, let alone touch her.

Karina was acting really weird and it was very easy for Winter to notice it.

“Babe, are you sure everything's fine? You've been spacing out ever since you got here. You didn't return the hug I gave earlier, you're not even touching me right now. Plus, you look so nervous. Did something happen?”

God, how Karina wished she could just disappear right now.

“Winter, I already told you, everything's fine. I'm just tired.”

“But you're never like this to me even if you're tired.”

Winter thought of something that could at least ease up the negativity that the older was feeling. After starin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter