Thirty-one – Best Girl

Corporate Entanglement
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The date of the university's final examinations was also the same date as the release of the official scores. Winter and Chaeryeong got out of their designated classroom ten minutes before the due ends. There were a lot of students at the hallway, some were talking about how hard the test was and some were just chattering about random stuff.

Winter sighed as she stared at a group of students who were talking about how confident they were about the scores that they will be receiving.

Because of all the incidents that happened in the past weeks, Winter wasn't able to study much for the examinations. Her head was always fuzzy and she even had a hard time memorizing a few Math formulas.

“Why the long face, Win?” Chaeryeong asked after chugging on a bottle of sparkling water.

Winter sighed once more.

“I'm totally going to fail my exams, Ryeong. I didn't get to study that much because I couldn't focus. I tried reviewing every night but once I wake up in the morning, I already forgot about the lessons,” Winter whined.

“Oh my– but I'm sure you'll ace all the tests! I've seen your paper and it's literally full of solutions. I couldn't even fill my own paper because of how hard it was,” Chaeryeong uttered, trying to cheer Winter up.

“I'm not even sure about the stuff that I wrote there. I just did what I remembered and you know how sensitive this university is when it comes to checking papers.”

Chaeryeong held both of Winter's shoulders and gave the latter a reassuring smile.

“You did well, Winter! Trust me, you won't fail any of our subjects. I have high hopes for you.”

Winter smiled at how adorable Chaeryeong was. She has never seen the brunette act negatively and it's one of the most amazing personalities that she had. Chaeryeong always finds the beauty in everything and clearly just enjoys life– surrounding everyone around her with positivity.

“Thank you, Chaeryeongie. I honestly don't know what I'd do without you.”

The two girls gave each other a comforting hug before heading towards the cafeteria. Three hours from now, the final scores for all of the subjects will be released and the top students who aced the final examinations will also be plastered on the giant bulletin board that was located at the main building's hallway.

Winter smiled to herself when she saw that the cafeteria wasn't too packed with students. Most of them probably decided to eat outside with their friends to congratulate themselves for successfully finishing their tests.

“What are you going to eat today?” Chaeryeong asked as she eyed the opened trays full of delicacies.

A certain food caught Winter's eyes and she has never seen it on the menu before. She smiled when she realized that it was the love of her life's favorite food.

“Tonkatsu,” Winter uttered softly.

Chaeryeong only looked at Winter with a weird expression, wondering why the latter stared at the food lovingly as if she had fallen in love with it.

“We'll get tonkatsu, tteokbokki, cheese kimbap, and two spicy ramyeon, please!” Chaeryeong stated, earning a nod from the lady that was waiting for them to decide what they want to eat.

As soon as they were given their silver trays, Winter and Chaeryeong went to their favorite spot in the cafeteria– the one beside the vending machine.

The two have been sitting there for quite a while now since it was a bit far away from the crowd. Both of them wanted to eat in peace and seeing all the noisy students hover around would be uncomfortable for them, so it was a perfect place to sit in.

Winter grabbed the chopsticks beside her and started to eat the noodles first. It has been a long time since she had spicy ramyeon– her mom always cooked one for her especially when she gets sick.

“You're frowning again,” Chaeryeong uttered, full of cheese kimbap. 

“I just miss my mom's cooking. She cooks spicy ramyeon for me whenever I get sick,” Winter replied after sipping on the hot noodle soup. 

“I see. It must be so hard to be the heiress of a well-known company, especially because your parents are always busy and you rarely see them home.” 

Winter nodded. 

“I have always wanted to be one before– but it's because I just want to experience having a life where you could actually spoil yourself and your family any time you want,” Chaeryeong admitted. 

The brunette was a university scholar because of how academically good she was. Her parents don't pay any school fees and she even receives financial benefits from the head of the school after every examinations. Her name never gets to be removed on the top students list and that's one of the things that she was grateful for. 

Still, Chaeryeong still wished that her family was as wealthy as the other students who belonged in the hierarchy–

students like Winter, Karina, Giselle, and Ningning. 

“You'll be able to spoil your family and yourself once

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter