Nine – The Elections

Corporate Entanglement
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Winter decided not to go to school. It was the day of the elections already and she knew Karina would be everywhere. Her last conversation with her was painful and she didn't even know why she bawled her eyes out right after she got home. Winter sighed, knowing that the older wouldn't even notice that her presence wasn't there.

“Who am I kidding? Of course she wouldn't care. Everything is just mainly for business,” Winter uttered as she stared at the ceiling.

The younger's mind was filled with thoughts about Karina. From her beautiful face, the tiny mole just beside her lower lip, her neck, her Adam's apple that has been seducing her a lot; Karina's body proportions, her deep voice, and her sweet smile. Winter ruffled her hair in irritation. She couldn't get the older off of her mind even if she tried to think of something else.

“Aaah! Why won't you just leave my head alone?!”

Winter's constant screaming and mumbling were heard by their maids but they were too afraid to barge inside the girl's room. Winter rarely gets mad, she has always been so nice and patient. But when the girl reaches her boiling point, it definitely gets dangerous and scary.

She was about to close her eyes to sleep when someone suddenly barged inside her room.

“Kim Minjeong, why didn't you go to school today?”

It was Ningning.

“Ningning, who told you to come here?” Winter asked in irritation.

“I did. Also, what is happening to you? Your mood swings are stressing me out. Have you caught the Karina virus?”

Winter growled at the sudden mention of the older's name.

“Don't even think about mentioning her name here in my house again,” the latter warned.

Ningning sighed before closing the door. She placed her bag on the couch and walked towards her angry best friend.

“Tell me, what happened to the two of you?”

Winter felt the concern in Ningning's voice and she couldn't help but to soften. Ningning was younger than her but the girl acts and thinks too mature for her age. Winter messes up sometimes and Ningning has always been rescuing her and giving her advices ever since.

“It's just.. her actions. They're confusing me,” Winter admitted, her eyes fixated on her sweaty palm.

“What kind of actions, exactly?”

“She acts all sweet to me sometimes, but then it changes. She turns back into being cold and even forgets that I exist. She took me out on a café days ago and we talked a lot. She even drove me home and what surprised me is that..” Winter paused, remembering her best night with Karina.

“What is it?”

“She kissed me on my cheek and said good night to me. She hesitated at first, but I guess she was just bold enough to do that. After Karina did that, I couldn't stop thinking about her. I get jealous whenever other students eye on her as if they want to get in her pants. I hated the attention she has been getting and I honestly have no idea why I'm feeling this way. I hated her when I first met her at their building but now, I really don't know what to feel.”

Ningning smiled. She knew Winter was being honest and her words about Karina were genuine. The younger pulled Winter into a tight hug, assuring her that everything will be fine for her and the older.

“Do you like her?” Ningning asked.

“I.. I think I do.”

The younger clapped her hands in response. Winter has finally surrendered herself to Karina, but they both knew everything was going too fast.

“Did you tell her already?”

“Ningning, she doesn't even like me too.” Winter smiled bitterly when a flashback of their last conversation appeared inside her head.

“How are you so sure?”

“I asked her what our status was and she told me we're engaged. Obviously, we are because of business matters. I asked her what she sees me as and she answered.. she doesn't know.” 

Ningning frowned after hearing those words from the latter. Karina has be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter