Twenty-seven – Unbearable

Corporate Entanglement
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After being absent for almost three days, Winter finally had the courage to come back to school. Chaeryeong has been visiting her for the past few days to make sure that she's taking good care of herself and of course, not skipping her meals.

Both Winter and Karina's parents still have no idea about what happened between the both of them. They would constantly ask their daughters why they weren't seeing each other anymore, but Winter and Karina would either shrug their parents off or just simply change the topic to avoid further discussions.

“It's good to have you back here, Winter! Our classmates and professors have been wondering why you stopped attending your classes. I couldn't tell them the reason behind it though,” Chaeryeong uttered, her arms tightly wrapped around Winter's while they walked inside the campus.

Chaeryeong already knew what happened. Winter has opened up to her when she once stayed for the night at the blonde girl's house.

“I would believe it if you told me that it was just our professors who were looking for me. Why would our classmates care about my disappearance?” Winter asked while hugging her coat. The weather was starting to get colder and a lot of people were already in their warm outfits.

“It is quite unbelievable but trust me, they've been a bit worried about you. I just told them you weren't feeling well that's why you had to skip classes and rest for a while.”

Chaeryeong and Winter entered their classroom together, both earning a surprised look from their classmates. Winter wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone so she headed towards her seat without taking a glance at the other students inside the room.

“It's fine if you don't want to talk for now,” Chaeryeong whispered while wearing a reassuring smile, making Winter feel comfortable despite the eyes that were glued on her.

After a few minutes, their professor entered the room with a blank expression on his face. The man was holding a thick envelope full of test papers.

“I'm pretty sure you all know what these are,” the instructor uttered.

Winter glanced at Chaeryeong, clearly confused about whatever was happening. The brunette bit her lower lip before signaling Winter to listen.

“These are the results of your qualifying examinations. Everybody passed...”

The professor wasn't finished yet but the students already clapped, some yelled out of happiness.

“... everybody but one.”

The whole class went silent.

“There will be no classes for today since you have to prepare for your upcoming final examinations. I'm pretty sure all of you attended the student council meeting so I'm here to inform you that the tutoring session will be starting today. Only one student in this class failed to achieve the required score which means.. they will be privately tutored by one of the student council officers.”

Chaeryeong glanced at Winter with a wide smile on her face. 

“I'm pretty sure we passed this one. The lessons weren't that hard and this is probably the easiest Mathematics subject that we have.”

Winter gulped nervously before flashing an awkward smile.

It was easy..

except she hated Math.

As soon as the instructor was done with a few reminders, all of the students left the classroom. Chaeryeong and Winter were the only ones left inside.

“Hey Winter, I'll go ahead. I'm gonna be studying at the library so if ever you want to be study buddies, come and meet me there!”

Chaeryeong then left the room. Winter grabbed her backpack after minutes of staring on the whiteboard. She walked outside the door but was surprised when their instructor from earlier stopped her.

“Miss Kim, you're coming with me.”

Winter walked behind their professor, not even bothering to speak. The students that were just chilling on the hallway were staring at her as if she did something wrong. Winter heaved out a heavy sigh when they stopped in front of the student council office. 

Well, I'm ed, Winter thought to herself as she stared at the sign board o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter