Thirty-two – Two of Us

Corporate Entanglement
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Winter rummaged through her closet, in search of something decent to wear at least. It was the Saturday and Karina was supposed to be finishing all the paperworks at her dad's office, but of course, her 'date' with Winter was more important for her.

“Winter, you've been searching for almost thirty minutes. Karina unnie's gonna be here soon and you're still on your undergarments,” Ningning uttered, eyes fixed on the fashion magazine on her hands.

“I just can't pick a good outfit to wear! I know this isn't the first time that Karina took me out, but it has been a while, you know? I want everything to be perfect,” Winter replied, clearly stressed.

Clothes were piled up on the floor, some were already crumpled because of how aggressive Winter was when she throws them to the ground. Ningning heaved out a heavy sigh before closing the magazine. She stood up the older's bed and walked towards the stressed girl.

“Calm down. Let me choose your outfit today,” Ningning offered.

Winter nodded her head in agreement. For a young girl, Ningning had a really good taste in fashion. She always dresses elegantly– even if she was just going to a café. Winter knew it would be a good idea to let Ningning pick her date outfit so she just sighed and went back to her bed, sitting while staring at the younger who was now busy searching.

“Where are you two going anyway?” Ningning asked as she held up different hangers in front of Winter, trying her best to choose something that would fit the girl's soft aura.

“I honestly have no idea. We talked to each other on the phone last night and she told me it was a surprise,” Winter answered.

“Hm, these would definitely look good on you.”

Ningning held up a beige knitted sweater along with a dark brown high-waisted skirt. On her other hand was a cream colored beret. The whole set that Ningning chose definitely suited Winter, especially because her hair was light brown in color now.

Winter smiled in response. Having Ningning around in situations like this was surely a huge help.

“You're the best, Yizhuo!”

“Of course I am. Now get dressed, hurry.”

Winter hummed before grabbing all of the clothes and quickly putting them on her. She walked towards the mirror to check herself, giggling when she realized how good she actually looked with the outfit. Ningning handed Winter a pair of closed high heels that had the same color as her beret. In an instant, she put them on, finishing her whole look.

“I hate giving you compliments but you actually look really gorgeous right now,” Ningning uttered in awe as she stared at Winter from head to toe.

“I know you're in love with me, Ning.”

The younger gave Winter a disgusted look. 

“Ew, why would I be? Aeri Uchinaga has my heart,” Ningning replied, blushing immediately at the sudden mention of her lover's name. 

Winter was the one who showed a disgusted look this time. 

“You really got it bad, huh?” 

“As if you're not the same with Karina unnie.”

The older blushed as well and it made Ningning laugh. 

“You're so gay, Kim Gyeoul.” 

Winter was about to protest when a soft knock was heard on her bedroom door. She casually uttered 'come in', thinking that it was just one of their maids. 

But to her surprise, 

it wasn't. 

“Hey, good morning.” 

Karina was now standing in front of the door. The dark-haired girl had her long hair down, the tips were slightly curled and she looked extremely beautiful with it. She was wearing a knitted sweater as well but it was white in color. To compliment the top, Karina also wore a dark colored skirt. Ningning almost chuckled, realizing that the two really looked like a couple. 

“You look like twins,” Ningning teased, earning an eye roll from Karina. 

“Giselle didn't come here with you?” Karina asked the younger. 

“I was about to ask you that, unnie. Do you have any idea where she is?” 

Karina bit her lower lip to stop herself from laughing. Giselle went out with her friends last night and was brought home drunk. Karina was the one who had to drive her home. 

“She's.. probably just asleep. Anyway, can I take Winter from you now?” 

Ningning nodded. 

“Just don't hurt her again unnie, okay? You're older than me, but I won't hesitate to strangle you if she cries again.” 

Karina chuckled.

“I promise I won't hurt her anymore. Let's go, Winter?” 

Winter gave the older a slight nod before letting herself get dragged by Karina towards her car. The both of them hopped inside the vehicle and put their seatbelts on, but Karina didn't drive just yet. She stared at the younger, a smile slowly creeping up on her face. 

“What?” Winter asked, clearly confused. 

“You're just so beautiful,” Karina replied wholeheartedly. 

It made Winter blush. 

“Just drive.” 

Karina giggled. 

“Can't I admire the love of my life even just for a while? It's been long since I got to b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter