Thirty-eight – Family Dinner

Corporate Entanglement
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Winter turned her back when she felt someone tapping her cheek. She was still feeling dizzy because of being above the clouds for almost thirteen hours. The food that she ate earlier attempted to head up but thankfully, she was able to stop them by drinking a sweetened beverage given to her by a flight attendant.

The tapping on her cheek continued, making Winter groan in annoyance. She rose up from being slouched on her seat, facing the person who disturbed her slumber.

“You're finally awake,” Karina uttered.

Winter's jaw almost dropped. Her fiancée was wearing a different outfit now and she looked extremely expensive in Winter's eyes. Karina was wearing a tight, velvet suit with her signature high ponytail. The dark strands of her hair flowed freely on the side of her shoulders and Winter suddenly felt the urge to run her fingers through them.

“Are you done checking me out?” Karina asked, smirking.

Winter blinked.

That scenario seemed so familiar.

She suddenly remembered the first time that she met Karina on her father's office. The girl walked inside in sophistication, wearing her tight, velvet suit and her signature high ponytail that exposed her alluring neck.

It was also the same question that Karina asked her when she noticed how fixed the younger's eyes were on her whole being.

Remembering it now, it just made Winter giggle. She hated how cocky and arrogant Karina was and even swore to the heavens that she will never marry an annoying person like her, but now, she's literally head over heels for the dark-haired girl.

“What if I tell you that I'm still not done?” Winter asked, creasing an eyebrow.

Karina chuckled.

“Then let's continue the staring contest when we reach the hotel. We have landed already, baby.”

Winter's eyes widened.

“We're here already? I haven't even changed yet!”

Karina held on both of the younger's shoulders, attempting to calm her down.

“We still have time, Minjeong-ah. The driver will be picking us up in fifteen minutes so go and change if you desire to,” Karina ordered and Winter immediately obliged.

The younger swiftly planted a kiss on her lover's cheek before disappearing inside the small walk-in closet located in the VIP area. Karina touched her cheek with her palm, wondering what that was for.

“If she's planning to do that to me every single day then I might die in such a young age,” Karina whispered to herself before closing all the curtains.

Few minutes after, Winter got out of the closet, wearing a velvet tight dress that hugged her curves. She brushed her long, light brown hair with her fingers, letting the strands flow freely on her exposed back. Karina just noticed that the back part of Winter's dress would definitely expose her skin. The dark-haired girl could only blush at how hot her lover looked. 

If Winter stood beside Karina, they would very much look like an expensive couple.

“Are you done checking me out?” Winter was the one to ask this time. Karina immediately blinked a few times before looking away, her cheeks getting all flushed.

“L–Let's go. The driver placed our luggage inside the trunk already. He's waiting below,” Karina stated before lending her hand to Winter to which the younger happily took.

The two of them gently got off the plane. Karina was the one to step out first, making sure that she'd be able to accompany Winter slowly on the stairs to keep the younger from falling. A lot of reporters and cameramen surrounded the place, flashing lights and numerous questions welcomed the couple.

Winter sighed.

She almost forgot that the two of them were both heiresses of the biggest companies in Seoul, which meant that they were still well-known to some countries.

“You okay?” Karina asked as she held on Winter's palm tightly. They were already inside the car and was heading towards the designated hotel. 

“Yeah.. It's just– it's been a while since I've seen flashing lights from those reporters. I guess I was able to enjoy a normal life when we were still at school because people barely gave their attention to me unless they desired to.”

Karina gently held Winter's chin, making the younger look at her.

“Don't worry about them. I'll always be here to protect you,” the older whispered before planting a soft kiss on Winter's lips.

The action calmed her down somehow. 

“We're here,” the driver uttered. 

Both of the girls got out of the car and headed inside, their luggage being assisted by two guards that worked at the hotel. 

“Wow,” Winter stated in awe as she checked the whole place out. 

The grandiose hotel had thirty floors. They were welcomed by a shiny red carpet with a huge gold chandelier hanging above the ceiling. The place merely looked like a hotel because of how stunning the marble staircase behind the counter was. The walls were made of marble as well. Winter almost thought that she was inside a palace from the 90s. 

“Mom and dad made a great choice,” Karina whispered as she looked around, admiring the place as well. 

“They chose this place?” 

“Yep. They've sent your parents actual photos since they have already been here in this country numerous of times already,” Karina explained. 

The manager of the said hotel welcomed them with a very warm greeting. He even led the couple towards the huge elevator that was on the second floor and assisted the two of them until they reached the fourteenth floor, where the couple's room was located. 

“It has been a while since we've had special guests,” the manager uttered happily. 

Winter was silent. It was her lover doing all the talking. The younger was also surprised because of how amazing Karina's communicating skills were. She almost had the same accent as the hotel manager. 

“Are we going to stay here for our short vacation?” Karina asked, her fingers drawing circles on Winter's knuckles. 

“Oh, no no! You girls will only be staying here for tonight and tomorrow. Well– before your wedding, of course. Your parents told me that they will be asking your driver to bring you to a very se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter