Six – Nurse Winter

Corporate Entanglement
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The maids watched Winter from a distance as she used the mansion's kitchen to cook something for Karina. One offered to help Winter but she just smiled and told everyone to take a rest.

“She's such a nice girl, don't you think?” One of the maids said as they watched Winter cook while humming a song.

“Indeed, but I don't know if this angel right here would actually make the devil fall for her,” another maid joked.

Winter could still hear their conversations even if they were a bit far from her. She didn't know if they were just talking too loud, or if Winter has a gift of hearing gossips that includes her name in them. She let out a soft chuckle before turning the stove off and placing everything that she cooked on the tray.

“Miss Kim, do you need any help with carrying those?”

“Ah, it's fine. It's not really that heavy. I cooked for you guys as well, check that big bowl over there. Have some rest and eat.”

Winter bowed to the maids and carried the tray of food on Karina's room.

As soon as she placed the tray on the bedside table, Winter tapped Karina's shoulder and it woke her up immediately. The older eyed the tray that was full of delicious food. Mushroom soup, kimchi fried rice, a small bowl of spicy tteokbokki, and of course, her favorite tonkatsu. Winter slowly wiped the sweat off her forehead and grabbed the remote control to lower the air conditioner's temperature down.

“You're not supposed to be using the air conditioner. Keep your room warm, it'll help your temperature go down.”

Karina frowned as she tried to grab the remote control but Winter was fast enough to hide it.

“But it's so hot.”

“Deal with it. Go eat.”

Winter sat on the small couch and opened the television. She kept on switching the channel but couldn't find anything cool to watch. She was about to turn the television off when..

“Wait! Don't turn it off. It's Frozen!”

Winter blinked a few times then stared at Karina, then the television, then at Karina again. The older happily grabbed the bowl of mushroom soup and started to take small sips, her free hand holding a chopstick with tonkatsu on it.

“Turn the volume up.”

Karina was wearing her famous stern look when she ordered the younger to turn the television's volume a bit louder. Winter still did what she was told for she didn't want Karina lashing out on her. The latter's mood swings were a bit hard to read so she tried her best not to mess up.

“It's my favorite movie.”

“Yeah, I can see that.”

“Do you not watch Frozen?”

Winter chuckled.

“I already watched that. I usually don't re-watch movies that I have already seen.”

Karina nodded in response as she emptied all the plates. The older has a bigger appetite whenever she gets sick.

“What's your favorite movie?” Karina questioned after putting the empty bowl back on the tray.

“American Sniper.”

The two of them stared at each other weirdly before laughing their lungs out. They definitely have different tastes in movie genres. Karina watches animated films which was far from her stern and intimidating aura. Winter's genre wasn't similar to her aura as well.

“You like shooting movies?”

“Yeah, they seem cool. Is Frozen the only that you watch?”

Karina grabbed the small pillow resting on her feet and threw it to Winter. Of course, the younger was fast enough to catch it before it hit her face.

“What? That was a genuine question! Geez, your mood swings will be the death of me.”

“Do you actually thought I only watch cartoons and other animated films? I can watch scary movies and shooting movies too.” Karina proudly said.

“Oh, yeah? Let's watch The Nun tonight, then?” Winter challenged.

Karina gulped. The nervousness in her face was evident but she just decided to shrug it off. She didn't want the younger to because of all the animated films that she have watched.

“Fine, but.. wait. You're staying here for the night?”

“Yeah. No one's gonna take care of you. But if the maids will, then, I probably have to go home before the sun goes down.”

“No! Stay here.” Karina whined, her eyes making that puppy look again. 

Winter smirked before focusing on the movie.

“Alright then.”

--

Winter blushed in embarrassment as Karina continued to . The older was currently sitting on the bed and Winter was having a hard time undressing her.

“Karina, come on. I al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter