Thirty – Starting

Corporate Entanglement
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week has passed since Karina and Winter last talked. Whenever they pass by each other at the campus, Winter would just look straight as if Karina didn't exist. The dark-haired girl had the choice to do the same, but her soft heart just couldn't stand to not spare even a single glance on the younger. The day of their wedding ceremony was fast approaching and it became hard for the both of them to move freely, especially because it has been the talk of the whole school.

Winter did say that their wedding isn't going to happen anymore,

but she didn't have the guts to tell her parents to stop it. 

She just made a fool out of herself for saying such a thing to Karina when in reality, she didn't have the power to actually disagree with the decision that has already been done even before all of what happened to her and the older.

“For how long are you two going to stay this way?” Chaeryeong asked, clearly concerned because Winter looked like she hasn't been getting enough sleep.

“I honestly don't know what to do anymore, Ryeongie. I miss her so much,” Winter admitted as she slightly bit her lower lip to suppress herself from crying.

Winter has already cried enough.

“I'm not in the right position to tell you what to do, Win. But whatever you think is the best for the both of you, go for it.”

“I thought you have been reminding me that she hurt me real bad? You're supporting my decisions now?” Winter joked, making the brunette emit a soft laughter.

“I know President Yoo hurt you and I constantly reminded you of what she has done so you could have enough time to think about everything, but that doesn't mean I don't want you two to end up with each other.”

Winter went silent.

“I did that because I also wanted her to take responsibility for her actions. If you continue to become soft towards her and give her unlimited chances, she'll abuse it multiple times.”

Chaeryeong smiled at the sight of confused Winter. 

“What I'm trying to tell you right now is to give her another chance to prove herself to you. You don't have to push her away and end things so easily just because of a single mistake that she clearly didn't want to happen in the first place. President Yoo has been trying to reach out to you ever since that incident happened and I can clearly assure you that whatever she feels for you is genuine,” Chaeryeong finished her words with a soft gaze.

Winter felt her heart sinking. She realized that Karina has been trying her best to make things up to her but she just ignored the older, not even thinking about her feelings. Karina was obviously hurt as well but Winter never saw the dark-haired girl cry in front of her.

“I've been hurting her as well, haven't I?” Winter asked, sighing.

“You're both hurting, of course. If you want to put an end to the pain

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter