Seventeen – Karina's Surprise

Corporate Entanglement
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Winter arched her back as she typed on her desktop keyboard. Their classes were postponed because of an important meeting so they were all asked to stay home. The student thought it was her time to rest after finishing a pile of school works two days ago but unfortunately, their professors added up more stress.

Karina already left the Kims' mansion. Since she was the student council president, the older was asked to write down notes about the discussion of the school heads' meeting. This will be announced by Karina herself once all the students return to school.

Winter sighed. She didn't want to admit it, but she was already missing Karina and the warmth that she has been giving her. Fortunately, Ningning was with her inside her room because the latter needed to borrow a few textbooks that Winter doesn't use anymore. At least she wouldn't feel alone. 

“What's that you're doing?” Ningning asked as she stared at Winter's back.

“A stupid essay. We were asked to write all the things that we love about ourselves and I couldn't even write anything,” Winter uttered in complete annoyance.

Ningning laughed at Winter's pissed expression.

“Why don't you ask Karina unnie to do your essay for you? For sure, she loves everything about you. Besides, she's hella brainy after all.” Like Giselle, Karina also asked Ningning to drop the formalities. Ningning is Winter's best friend anyway and Karina also wanted to be closer to the younger.

“I'm too shy. She's not supposed to do my homeworks. Besides, it would be a turn off if she finds out that I couldn't even write an essay about a simple topic. She might think I'm dumb.”

Ningning tilted her head in confusion.

“Well? Aren't you?”

“ off,” Winter hissed which made Ningning laugh her lungs out. The younger has gotten worse after she started dating Giselle, who was also good at teasing people. Whenever the two girls were together, everything becomes chaotic.

“I'm just kidding. Anyway, you really are such a lucky girl. Aren't you?”

“What is this about now?” Winter asked the younger as she stared blankly on the desktop screen.

“As what I have said before, you're lucky for having Karina unnie. Giselle told me so much about her!”

Winter suddenly got interested.

“Go on.”

Ningning threw a pillow on Winter's back, making the older wince.

“Yizhuo, what the heck?!”

“I've been telling you a lot of stories ever since I got here and you never listened to any of them. But now you're suddenly interested when you heard your lover's name?!”

“Of course,” Winter plainly answered.

“You are so annoying, Kim Minjeong. Anyway, about Karina unnie, Giselle told me that she became a womanizer right after her ex girlfriend left her. She literally sleeps with different women every wee–”

“Cut it out,” Winter uttered. She thought what Ningning was going to tell her was something good, but it just pissed her even more.

“You didn't even let me finish, idiot.”

“Do I really need to know Karina's whereabouts and habits before?” Winter exclaimed while typing on the keyboard aggressively.

“As I was saying,” Ningning continued as if Winter wasn't getting mad about the fact that Karina used to sleep with different women. “Giselle told me that this was the first time that she has seen Karina unnie getting all head over heels for a girl.. well, after her ex girlfriend, Hwang Yeji.”

Winter's ears immediately perked up at the sudden mentioning of Karina's ex girlfriend.

“Whenever Giselle hung out at Karina unnie's mansion, she notices her smiling and giggling all of a sudden. Whenever Giselle mentions your name to her, she immediately softens and of course, she suddenly gets interested in the conversation. Giselle told me that she hasn't seen Karina like that in years.”

Winter didn't answer.

“What I'm trying to say is.. she really really likes you, Minjeong. You're such a lucky girl for having Karina unnie because trust me, she'll definitely give you the whole world.”

The latter didn't know why but she suddenly gained the motivation to finish her essay. She was smiling the whole time while she typed and Ningning was quick enough

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter