Twenty-four – Assistance

Corporate Entanglement
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Winter woke up earlier than usual. She doesn't really get excited about going to school that much even if she dislikes being late. This time, she felt excited. Karina will be picking her up and they will be going to school together. Winter changed her looks, thinking that it would actually impress Karina. Her blonde hair that was always on loose was now tied up in a high ponytail. She also added midnight blue hair extensions, making her hair look a bit longer now.

The young girl smiled in front of the mirror. She gently fixed the collar of her uniform and applied a light pink shade of lipstick for her final look.

“You do know that Jimin would still love you for who you are and how you'd look, right?” It was Winter's mother. She was standing beside the door of Winter's bedroom while holding a cup of coffee.

Winter chuckled.

“I know, mom. I just wanted to change my looks for this day.”

Winter grabbed her backpack and went downstairs. After a few minutes, a loud beeping of a car was heard from the outside. Winter bid goodbye to her busy parents and happily skipped her way towards Karina's car.

“Good morning!” Winter beamed as she slightly wave her hair from side to side, hoping that Karina would notice.

“Hey. Had a nice sleep?” Karina greeted with a dull tone. Winter's eyebrows furrowed.

“Are you not going to greet me a good morning? No morning kisses?”

Karina sighed. She surely was having a bad day and she didn't want to argue with Winter so she decided to just plant a swift kiss on the younger's cheek before opening the car's door for her.

“Get in. We're gonna be late.”

“But it's still too early..” Winter whispered with a pout before hopping inside the vehicle. Karina closed the door and headed to the other side, hopping in as well then starting the engine.

The whole ride was silent. Winter glanced at Karina from time to time, hoping that the older would at least look at her but unfortunately, Karina was too focused on the road.

“Babe?” Winter called out in a soft tone. It made Karina's heart grow weaker. She's a er for Winter's softness and she can never run away from it.

“Hm?”

Winter sighed. She grabbed Karina's free hand and placed it on her thigh. The older was surprised with Winter's sudden action but she managed to compose herself anyway.

“You always rest your hand on my thigh whenever you drive. Then I'll hold your hand after and play with your fingers while I wait for us to reach our destination,” Winter started.

Karina was about to speak when Winter continued.

“You've been acting weird since yesterday. You're becoming so distant as if you haven't told me that you love me. I asked you if everything was fine.. and you said you were just tired.”

“Winter, I–”

Winter cut her off, again.

“I accepted your reason, Karina. I understood if you were tired and I really have no problems with that. But you're still giving me the cold shoulders up until now. Can you please tell me what is happening? Have I done something wrong?”

Karina blurted out a heavy sigh. She slowly parked her car to where her name was written then turned the engine off. She faced Winter with a blank expression.

“You have done nothing, okay?” Karina assured. Still, Winter didn't buy it.

“Then why are you being like this?”

Instead of answering the younger's question, Karina took Winter's seatbelt off.

“Come here,” Karina uttered while patting her lap.

Winter sighed before slowly leaning her body closer until she was now sitting on her favorite spot– Karina's lap.

The older stared at Winter's innocent face, her heart slowly being covered in pain and guilt. Still, she tried her best not to cry in front of the younger.

“I missed you, Minjeong.” Karina whispered but was enough for the younger to hear.

Winter immediately smiled as she gazed at the older lovingly.

“God, you don't know how bad I've been wanting to hear that from you,” Winter replied before slowly diving in for a kiss.

Karina tried to clear her negative thoughts. She wanted her head to be full of Winter and Winter alone. The older closed her eyes as well and decided to just enjoy the moment..

while it lasted.

Winter squished her body closer to Karina's, her lower part gently grinding on the older's thigh as they made out inside the car. Karina's hand caressed the younger's inner thigh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter