Twenty-eight – Countless Tries

Corporate Entanglement
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was five in the morning. Karina woke up early just to be able to camp outside the Kims' mansion. The dark-haired girl decided to do everything that she could just for Winter to at least give her a chance to prove that the love that she was feeling towards the blonde was genuine.

Karina sighed as she stared at the empty seat beside her.

She misses Winter so much and it was killing her on the inside.

Sooner, the sun went up and the streets were starting to get busy. Karina fixed her uniform after being crumpled for slouching on the car seat. After a few minutes, the huge gate opened and it revealed a dazzling girl in her uniform. 

Winter, Kim Minjeong. 

Karina's jaw almost dropped when she noticed the sudden change on the younger girl's hair color. She was no longer blonde– her hair was now light brown in color and it suits her perfectly.

“Holy,” Karina whispered to herself as she unconsciously checked Winter out. She wondered if Winter had her hair done yesterday when she went home early– right after their small argument inside the student council room. 

As soon as she realized that the younger was already walking farther from where her car was parked, Karina immediately started the engine and followed the girl. Right after she reached Winter, Karina honked at the younger, the car window going down in a slow manner.

“Baby!” Karina called out while waving at Winter.

Winter just stared at Karina with a blank expression before continuing to walk, her hands tightly gripping on her backpack's straps. Karina then drove slowly– just as slow as how the younger walked.

“Winter, get in. I'll drive you to school,” Karina offered with such softness in her tone.

Winter's weakness.

But she told herself she couldn't let her heart fall for that easily.

“Just go on your own Karina,” Winter replied coldly and the dark-haired girl wasn't lying about how painful that felt.

“You'll get tired. Plus, the weather is getting really cold so if you catch colds, it'll be trouble.” 

Winter rolled her eyes. 

“Since when did you start caring about me?” 

Karina's eyebrows furrowed. She has  zero patience and the younger's attitude towards her was difficult to bear. 

Still, she flashed a small smile and decided to keep her cool. 

“Ever since I fell in love with you,” Karina answered wholeheartedly. 

Winter obviously didn't buy it.

“Get lost. Yeji is surely waiting for you and you're here bothering me. I can go to school on my own. I've been doing it for years and I can still do it even without you,” Winter snapped. 

Damn, that hurt. 

“I'll just accompany you then,” Karina uttered with a smirk before proceeding to drive as slow as possible, making sure that her car could catch up with the younger. 

The dark-haired girl was persistent. Winter already heard that Karina had zero patience when it comes to a lot of stuff. The older was known to get everything that she wanted and it surprised her that Karina would actually risk her early-bird title just to be able to accompany her. 

“Don't blame me if you get kicked out of your position as the student council president,” Winter said, her arms crossed as she walked on the side of the street. 

Karina could only chuckle. 

“You don't want me to get kicked out?” 

Winter didn't answer. 

“Did you eat breakfast?” 

Silence. 

“Are you free after classes? Let's go somewhere.” 

Defeaning silence. 

“If you don't answer, that means you're madly in love with me,” Karina challenged. 

“I don't care about your position, I didn't eat breakfast, and I'm free after class but that doesn't mean I'm going out with you,” Winter quickly answered, not even bothering to breathe. 

Karina shook her head. 

“You don't love me anymore?” 

Silence, 

once again. 

“I love you,” Karina uttered. Winter's ears immediately perked up but she chose to not reply. 

The two were already in front of the school gate. Winter glanced at Karina who was still staring at her like she wouldn't see the light of the day anymore. 

“I'll go ah

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter