Twenty-five – The Truth

Corporate Entanglement
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After Karina's deep conversation with Ryujin, the student council secretary, she immediately went out of the student council room to look for Winter. It was already lunch time and she decided to agree with Ryujin's idea about telling everything to her lover immediately.

“Why wait until tonight when you can be honest with her right now?”

That was what Ryujin told her and was indeed convincing.

As soon as Karina reached the younger student's classroom, only a few students were there. She slowly knocked on the door and was greeted with silence.

All of the students inside the campus are afraid of Karina so most of them really try their best not to annoy the strict student council president.

“Does any of you know where Minjeong is?” Karina asked with a blank expression. Her tone was dull yet terrifying– it could actually send shivers through your spine.

“S-She left already, President Yoo,” answered one of the students inside when nobody dared to speak.

Karina blurted out a heavy sigh before closing the classroom's door aggressively, making the students flinch in surprise. She then ran towards the cafeteria, hoping that Winter was probably there eating with her best friend, Ningning. 

Sadly, the younger wasn't there either. 

“President Yoo!” 

Karina turned her head to see who was calling her. To her surprise, it was Winter's classmate, Chaeryeong. The girl was hugging a thick book on her arms. 

“Oh, Lee Chaeryeong. What's up?”

“Nothing much. I just saw you walking inside here so I thought I should at least greet you before you leave. Is it your break too?” 

“No, not really. I'm just busy with a few papers inside the student council room. By the way, have you seen Winter?” 

Chaeryeong tilted her head in confusion. 

“She left the classroom minutes before our professor dismissed us,” Chaeryeong uttered. Karina furrowed her eyebrows and was now confused as well. 

Why would their professor let her leave the class early? 

Unless there was an emergency, she wouldn't have the chance to leave the classroom. 

“Why did she leave? Is she not feeling well? Or was there an emergency?” Karina's sudden pooling of questions made the younger student anxious. Chaeryeong was still, a shy and introverted girl after all. 

“I'm sorry,” Karina stated when she noticed Chaeryeong's shoulders shaking. 

“I– It's alright, President Yoo. I just get really anxious when people bombard me with questions,” the younger replied. 

Karina was about to speak when Chaeryeong cut her off. 

“Now that I have finally remembered, Winter was actually excused.” 

Karina's eyebrows were furrowed again. 

“Excused? Where?” 

“She was excused by Hwang Yeji senior from our class. She said she needs to talk to Winter about club matters?” 

Karina's heart almost dropped when she heard the name that she despises the most. Her face went pale and her palm started to get all sweaty. Even her heart

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter