Sixteen – Hangovers

Corporate Entanglement
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Karina woke up with a stinging pain on the side of her head and on the back as well. She groaned hoarsely when she tried to switch positions to hide her face from the rays of heat coming from the window. Whatever happened last night– Karina swore she won't let it happen again.

After a few minutes, Karina opened her eyes, only to be welcomed by a new environment. She was so sure that her room's wall wasn't painted in ivory. Everything around her was supposed to be dark blue. Karina's head loaded for a while before she spoke in fear.

“Damn it, did I sleep with someone last night?” Karina whispered to herself as she checked on her body. To her surprise, even her clothes were already changed.

“, , ..” Karina hissed. “Winter will never forgive me for this.”

Karina was so close to crying. She was the type of person who never cried that much because she has always been that stern and cold girl that she was. But the thought of disappointing her fiancée, the thought of hurting her and making her feel like she wasn't enough– Karina never wanted that to happen. 

Little did she know, Winter was already beside the bed, watching her in amusement. 

“Why are you talking to yourself?” 

Karina almost fell off the bed when she flinched in surprise. Her jaw almost dropped when she saw Winter's standing figure in front of her. 

“Winter..?”

“Good morning to you too, drunkard.” Winter greeted with such a cold tone. Karina shivered. She didn't know if it was because of the air conditioner or if it was because of Winter's scary aura. 

“You took me to your house?” 

“Well, isn't it obvious?” Winter snapped. 

Karina groaned once again when her head started to ache. This time, it was the worst type of pain. Karina thought she must've drank too much last night that's why she was suffering from the consequences now. 

“Why are you being so sassy? Can't you see I'm suffering here?” Karina questioned after she sat up, her eyebrows furrowed as her palm massaged the side of her head. 

“Is it my fault?” 

“I never said it was!” 

Winter crossed her arms. She was already annoyed since last night because of how much of a wreck Karina was. 

“You're such a stubborn woman. Giselle told me that she has been stopping you from drinking but you still chugged on different bottles. Are you trying to kill yourself? For God's sake, Karina! I was so worried about you yesterday. You didn't pick me up, you didn't even leave a single message. I've been thinking about you all day and I couldn't even focus with my school works. Didn't you know how hard it was for me?” 

Karina went speechless. Winter's voice was breaking with every sentence that escaped from . She felt really bad for making the younger girl worry. Karina sighed before opening her arms, signaling Winter for a tight hug. 

“Come here,” Karina uttered softly. Oh– how Winter hated it when Karina speaks to her that way. She automatically melts. 

Winter blurted out a heavy sigh before walking towards the older. She gently sat on Karina's lap, her arms now wrapped around the older's neck for support. 

“I'm sorry,” Karina whispered. “I promise it won't happen again.” 

The younger sighed once more. She buried her face on Karina's neck, slowly placing soft kisses on the older's skin. Karina tilted her head to the side to give the younger more access. Her arms were tightly wrapped around Winter's waist to keep the younger from falling off. 

“I missed you,” said Winter after planting a lot of kisses on Karina's neck. The older still smelled like lavender even after a long night and Winter couldn't get enough it. 

“I missed you so much more, baby.” Winter blushed at how the older called her. She still wasn't used to their endearments since they don't usually call each other with it– just when the both of them feel all soft and clingy. 

“I'm still mad at you for making me worry,” Winter snapped again. She was back with her sassy attitude– that same Winter who snapped at Karina when she followed her to the bathroom on their first meeting. 

Karina smiled after remembering how their first meeting went. Winter really hated her a lot and now, the younger was all hearts and butterflies for her. 

Of course, Karina felt the same way. 

“What can I do to make things up for you?” 

Winter shook her head. She didn't really need Karina to do anything. She was just mad at her for being so reckless. But since the older promised her that it wouldn't happen again, Winter shrugged her thoughts off and decided to just spend the whole day with Karina. 

“Go back to bed,” Winter ordered after getting off of the older's lap. 

Karina frowned. She really loved the feeling of Winter sitting on her lap and cuddling her like they wouldn't see the light of the sun the next day. 

“Baby,” Karina called out. She tapped on her lap multiple times, her small pout never leaving her face. 

Winter sighed. Karina was being such a child and it would be hard for her to resist it. 

“I have to make breakf

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter