Four – The First Date

Corporate Entanglement
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Karina kept glancing on her wristwatch from time to time, getting annoyed because of how slow the time passes. Her last class started an hour ago and there were still thirty minutes left before it ends. Giselle noticed Karina looking so pissed and it seemed funny rather than scary to her. She gently tapped Karina's shoulder and took a quick glance at the professor before speaking.

“Why do you look so angry?” Giselle asked, her chin resting on her palm as she eyed Karina.

“I'm taking Winter out after class. We'll be eating together,” the latter replied. Giselle's mouth formed an 'o' then giggled softly after.

“Since when did you learn how to take women out on dates? As far as I remember, you take them to hotels even on your first meet.”

Karina blushed in embarrassment.

She couldn't deny what her cousin told her. She wasn't really that type of person who lets herself engage into serious relationships. All Karina wanted was to have fun and enjoy her life despite being told by her parents about the responsibilities that she have to do. It has been very hard for her especially because her parents are already training her for business matters.

“You really didn't have to say that.”

“Whoops, I have such a bad mouth.” Giselle teased.

Karina could only chuckle. Giselle is probably the most annoying person she has ever encountered and she was definitely good at teasing people. The two of them didn't really know that they were actually related to each other. Karina met Giselle at the school library years ago. The girl was having a rough time answering her Mathematics homework and Karina offered to help her. 

They eventually became best friends and always went to school together. Giselle was asked by her parents to take a business major as well as Karina. When a special family reunion happened at one of the most finest restaurants in Seoul, Karina met Giselle and her family there and realized that they were cousins. For Karina, it was a very funny memory because she almost started crushing on Giselle. It's a good thing that they found out about it before her feelings developed.

“So, where are you taking this gorgeous fiancée of yours?” Giselle asked while she was writing the lessons on her notebook.

“There's this new café in town and a lot of students were talking about it. I checked the place yesterday and it was indeed aesthetic and cozy. Winter will surely love it,” Karina replied, her eyes glued on the equations on the board.

“I'm surprised that you're actually taking her to a café and not to a five-star restaurant.”

Karina smiled.

It was a beautiful sight for Giselle because she has never seen her smile like that.

“Winter is a simple girl. I actually went to their mansion yesterday to pick her up. There was this million dollar car sitting on a huge garage and it had Winter's name on it. The car still looked new so I suppose Winter never used it. When I left to find where she was, I saw her walking her way to school while munching on a sandwich.”

“You like simple girls now?” Giselle teased once more.

“What are you talking about?” Karina's smiling face went back into her stern and scary look.

“Well.. do you not like Winter?”

Karina didn't answer. She was about to check her wristwatch again when their professor clapped his hands all of a sudden after fixing his stuff.

“Alright, that's all for today's lesson. Make sure to finish your projects and email it to me on time. Class dismissed.”

Karina heaved out a heavy sigh and whispered 'finally' before giving Giselle a tight hug.

“See you tomorrow Aeri.” Karina uttered before leaving the classroom quickly.

Giselle just stared at her until her figure disappeared. She shook her head and chuckled before grabbing her bag, leaving the classroom with a lot of thoughts running inside her head.

--

Winter was already on her way outside the school. Ningning was with her and the two of them were just talking about random stuff. As soon as they got out of the school gate, a white luxurious car stopped in front of them. 

Winter already knew who it was.

“Hey, Ning-ie. I'll see you tomorrow!” 

“Isn't that.. Karina senior's car?” 

Winter nodded in response. 

“She's picking you up?!” Ningning exclaimed, her eyes widened in shock. 

Winter was about to answer when a loud honking was heard. She sighed and told Ningning that she'll just text her everything when she gets home. Winter gave the younger a tight hug before hopping inside Karina's car. The windows closed then they finally hit the road. 

“How was your day?” Karina asked while turning the music down just to hear the younger better. 

“Tiring,” Winter replied shortly while she was staring outside the window. 

Karina didn't speak after that. She noticed that Winter was probably in a bad mood so she chose not to bug her. The drive was silent and the only sound that can be heard was the car's air conditioner. 

Wint

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter