Seven – Confused

Corporate Entanglement
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been a week ever since Winter took care of Karina and slept with her at the older's mansion. The both of them woke up cuddling with each other. They ate breakfast together and Karina even drove Winter home as if they were actual couples.

Winter's confusion never left her head. This morning, she walked passed Karina but the older didn't even look at her. She was wearing her stern and cold look, as usual. Winter was already used to it but the fact that Karina didn't even greet her was very confusing. She just decided to shrug it off and realized that the lessons written on the whiteboard was more important than whatever she was worrying about.

“Winter,” Chaeryeong called out. The girl was probably the nicest amongst Winter's classmates. She doesn't really talk much but Winter knows how genuine she is with her words. They eventually became acquaintances and it became a bit easier for Winter to move without getting judged by people. 

“Yeah?” 

“The elections for the student council will be held in three days.” 

Winter just nodded in response and continued to write on her notes. She didn't really care about the elections or whatever was going on inside the school. All she wanted was to graduate and get out as soon as possible, but that would be quite a long wait. 

“Karina senior will be running for president again.” Chaeryeong notified, making Winter's ears perk up due to the sudden mentioning of the older's name. 

“Again?” Winter asked. 

“She was already the president last year. Karina senior is too powerful and no one could ever take her position.” Chaeryeong clarified. 

Winter smiled to herself. Of course, no one could ever beat Karina. She possesses the quality of being a good leader. She was trained to be one and she surely manages the school well, just like how she's trained to manage their company. 

“But I guess the tables will be turning in the upcoming election.” 

Winter's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. 

“What do you mean?” 

“There's this new girl in school and she's also as powerful as Karina senior. Her name is Hwang Yeji and she's also an heiress of a very popular company. They have a lot of branches in different countries, not just here in Korea.” 

Winter tried to recall the name but she just couldn't remember anything. She wondered if her family has ever met her or not, but she guessed it was just because the said girl was well-known. 

“She'll be Karina's opponent for the elections?” 

Chaeryeong nodded. 

“Not just that. She also had something with Karina senior in the past.” 

Winter faced Chaeryeong with a confused look. She already lost her focus on the lessons in front of her ever since her classmate uttered Karina's name so she had no choice but to just listen. 

“Had something? About what? Business?” 

“No.”

Chaeryeong heaved out a soft sigh and looked at Winter straight in her eyes.

“Hwang Yeji is Karina senior's ex girlfriend and also her first love.” 

--

Winter has been in a bad mood ever since Chaeryeong told her who Yeji was to Karina. She didn't know why she was acting strangely, but she didn't like the idea of Karina's ex girlfriend being in the same school as her. What's worse, they will be competing with each other in the upcoming elections. Winter wondered if that was the reason why Karina didn't greet her this morning. 

“Why the long face?” Ningning asked. The younger just got inside the library and was surprised to see Winter sitti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter