Twelve – Happy Birthday Winter

Corporate Entanglement
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was already eight in the evening. It has been hours since their morning walk and Karina was inside her room, watching Winter's favorite movie on television. She flinches every time she hears gun shots but it was Winter's favorite movie so she had to make it her favorite, too.

“Why does Winter like this type of genre, anyway?” Karina asked herself before turning the volume down.

As soon as the credits appeared on the screen, Karina turned the television off and grabbed her phone. She lazily scrolled on her Instagram account and was surprised to see a picture of Winter posted by the official account of Winter's company.

“IT'S WINTER'S BIRTHDAY TODAY?!”

Karina rushed downstairs and went to the kitchen, surprising the maids that were resting on the living room. She immediately rolled up her sleeves and took all of necessary ingredients and utensils for making a birthday cake. Yes, Karina had an easier choice and that was to buy on a pastry shop.

But she wanted to do a little effort for the younger so personally baking a birthday cake would be much better.

Not only was she skilled in academics and business strategies, but she was also skilled in cooking or baking. It has been Karina's hobby to cook ever since she was little because of her mom who loved doing it as well.

“Young Lady Jimin, do you need any help with those?” One of the maids asked Karina because of the beads of sweat trickling down her forehead.

“I'm all good, thank you. Could you fetch a small box and colorful notes at the store for me? I'm gonna be needing them,” Karina uttered while her eyes were fixated on the cake batter that she was mixing.

The maid nodded her head in response before leaving the mansion. Karina slowly poured the cake batter into the cake pan, placing it inside the oven after. She gently wiped the sweat off of her forehead before starting to work with the icing.

“This is definitely going to be a long night,” Karina whispered to herself as she worked with all that was needed.

After twenty minutes, Karina's timer rang, signaling that it was time for her to take the cake out of the oven. It was also a perfect timing because she was already done with the icing.

It took her almost an hour to design the cake that she baked. Karina had a lot of ideas in mind but it was really hard for her to do it because she wasn't that creative. Still, she successfully finished writing and doodling stuff on the cake that she made. She smiled when she realized how pretty it actually looked. 

“Happy Birthday Winter,” Karina read the written words out loud.

The maid also got home in time. She gave Karina a baby pink box with a lavender ribbon to match, and a pad of colorful sticky notes for Karina's written letters.

“Young Lady Jimin, may I ask who's birthday it is?”

Karina smiled.

The maid was surprised. It was her first time seeing Karina smile since she has always been so cold and strict inside or outside the mansion.

“It's for Winter. It's her birthday today,” Karina replied after placing everything inside the pink box, including her hand written letters.

“I see. I guess the both of you are getting closer now?”

“Well, yeah. I guess you could say that.”

Karina tied the ribbon up and placed the box on the table. She ordered the maid to guard the box for she had to make herself presentable. Karina went back to her room and rummaged through the big closet.

“Now for something beautiful to wear.”

--

Winter was already getting tipsy but she didn't mind at all. It was her birthday and she wanted to make the best of it. Her parents threw a party inside their building and Winter was currently having a drink with her best friend, Ningning.

“Why didn't you invite Karina senior here?” Ningning asked loudly, making sure that Winter heard her amidst the loud music covering the whole place.

“I actually didn't know that my parents threw a party here. Our driver just picked me up earlier and my parents told me to wear something good,” Winter explained after suddenly remembering Karina.

The music was getting louder and a lot of people were already dancing wildly in the middle. It was already Winter's fifth glass of vodka and it was clear that she doesn't even have high alcohol tolerance at all. Winter almost tripped and fell but surprisingly, a young man was quick enough

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter