Eight – Rivalry

Corporate Entanglement
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Karina and Giselle neatly placed all of the posters on the bulletin board. The two of them were excused with their classes for the campaigning. Karina will be running for the position of a president while Giselle will be running for the position of a secretary. It was Giselle's first time to be elected as a student council officer and Karina was skilled enough after becoming the president for years, so she decided to help her loving cousin out.

“Alright, I guess that's the last copy?”

Karina checked the envelope she was holding and nodded when she realized that there were no campaign posters left.

“What are you going to do with your ex girlfriend?” Giselle asked, the both of them were walking through the hallway.

“I don't know, Aeri. I still don't understand why she came all the way from Canada just to transfer here and bother me.”

Karina was frustrated. It took her a long time before she finally healed from the pain her ex girlfriend, Hwang Yeji, has given her. She had to take sleeping pills just to be able to rest at night. She was brought to therapy just so she could stop hurting herself. It was hard for Karina to survive when Yeji left the country and chose to be with a girl she just met on a café.

“But you've moved on already, right? It has been two years.”

Karina sighed.

“I thought I already have.” 

Giselle frowned. She crossed her arms and faced her cousin who was stressing out because of Yeji's sudden appearance. 

“What do you mean? You're saying you still have feelings for Yeji after all that she has done to you? After leaving you for another girl and choosing not to fight for you? Jimin, I hate to say this but you're plain stupid when it comes to stuff like this.” 

Giselle was frustrated as well. She met Karina on that library and knew her story. The girl has opened up to her a lot and she knew how severe the wounds that Karina received from her ex girlfriend. She wouldn't let her cousin get hurt again. Besides, she will be marrying Winter sooner. For Giselle, Winter would be a nice match for Karina. The younger was different from Yeji and Giselle knows she will never hurt her cousin. 

“Aeri, she was my first love.” 

“And your first heartbreak. Wake up, Karina. What's the point of accepting Yeji in your life anyway? You're getting married to someone else and that someone is a very nice girl.” 

Karina furrowed her eyebrows. 

“Our marriage is planned and it's supposed to save Winter and her family's business.” 

“But you still have enough time left to get to know each other more. Jimin, listen to me. I've never seen you smile since the day Yeji left you. You were always wearing that stern expression of yours and it scared everyone away. Ever since Winter came into your life, didn't you notice how often you smiled?” 

“Enough with this topic,” Karina hissed. 

“Let me ask you one last question. Do you not like Winter?” 

“I..” 

Karina was about to answer when the person she never wanted to see walked towards her with the same smirk that she had when they were announced as rivals for the upcoming elections. 

Hwang Yeji.

It used to be such a beautiful name for Karina, but now, it just brings heartbreak and bitterness to her. 

“Congratulations on your engagement!” Yeji uttered, gently clapping her hands as a way of mockery. 

“Thanks. Aeri, let's go.” Karina plainly replied before grabbing Giselle's hand and walking away. 

“Yoo Jimin,” Yeji called out with such a sweet yet annoying tone. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter