Three – Winter's First Day

Corporate Entanglement
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Winter placed all of her stuff inside her backpack. Her second class just ended a few seconds ago and she was just waiting for her best friend, Ningning, to appear by the front door of their classroom. The two of them usually eat together at the school cafeteria ever since they were still in middle school. Ningning is a year younger than Winter so they both wait for each other's classes to finish, depending on who gets dismissed first. 

Winter decided to just stay in her seat. Only five students, including her, were inside the classroom. Once again, she heard her classmates talking about her, the issue, and her relationship with Karina of J-Yoo Industries. She sighed, knowing that this would surely be a problem for her until the end of the semester. 

“Shouldn't her father be in jail for hoarding illegal products?” Winter's classmate asked the other.

“Well, you know what they say. Justice is for the rich only.” 

Winter tried her best not to lash out. Her father has done a huge crime, indeed. But she wondered why she had to take all the hurtful words and all the blame from other people. 

She was about to take her leave when a familiar figure entered through the front door. 

It was no other than the young successor of the J-Yoo Industries. 

“Hey. I found your schedule. Let's eat lunch together,” the older offered while wearing a wide smile on her face. 

It was definitely new for Karina to smile like that. She always wears her famous resting face inside or outside the campus. Winter was mesmerized. Karina looks even prettier when she's smiling. She was about to answer when she heard buzzing noises. 

Winter sighed when she heard her classmates telling bad things about her again. She had no other choice but to stay away from Karina. Yes, they were getting married. But Winter couldn't take all the hurtful words anymore. 

“I already made plans with my best friend,” Winter replied shortly before leaving the older girl dumbfounded. The students that were left inside the classroom went silent. Karina's facial expression hardened again and she went back to being the cold and stern woman that she is. 

Karina was about to leave the classroom when she noticed something sitting on Winter's chair. She walked closer to see what it was and to her surprise, it was the younger girl's name tag. She probably dropped it by accident and didn't realize that it wasn't in her uniform anymore. Karina smirked when she thought of something that would actually make Winter come with her. She grabbed the name tag and glared at the students who were staring at her before she left the room. 

“How about a first date with my beautiful fiancée?” Karina uttered before placing Winter's name tag inside the pocket of her uniform's vest. 

--

Ningning was already eating when Winter got in the cafeteria. Fortunately, the younger girl already ordered something for Winter because she knew it would take forever for Winter to grab her own food if she stood in line. Winter placed her backpack on chair beside her and stared at Ningning with such tired eyes. 

“What on earth happened to you?” The latter asked as she eyed Winter from head to toe. 

“This first day of school is so stressful,” Winter complained before munching on the corn dog. 

“Stressful because you're currently the center of attention or is it because of your new fiancée bothering the heck out of you?” Ningning asked, her eyes fixated on the food in front of her. For a young girl with a petite body, she surely had a huge appetite. 

“Probably both.. and how did you know Karina was bothering me? Well, not literally bothering but..” 

“Yeah, yeah. I get you. I told you, you're the center of attention in this campus because of the news. A lot of men and women have been trying to get in Karina senior's pants ever since she was announced as the heiress of the J-Yoo Industries,” Ningning explained. 

Winter just sat there and listened. She wanted to know more. 

“Because of the news of your upcoming wedding, a lot of people were enraged. Your father's crime was supposed to be hidden by the media but because of the sudden

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter