Twenty-six – Torment

Corporate Entanglement
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Winter woke up with a terrible headache. After an unexpected revelation of Karina's wrongdoings, she didn't even bother to finish the remaining hours that she had for classes. The younger left the university and walked home with tears in her eyes.

She spent the rest of the night bawling her eyes out. Her parents have been knocking on her bedroom door continuously but Winter didn't even budge.

Giselle and Ningning, on the other hand, have been calling her through the phone nonstop but she didn't answer any of those calls. She wanted to be alone for God knows how long. What Karina and Yeji did to her tormented her heart and it would take a long time for her to be fully healed.

The blonde stared at the ceiling then to the walls of her bedroom. She spotted a white paper hanging just beside the door.

A calendar.

It was already the 4th of the month and her wedding ceremony with Karina was supposed to happen on the 28th.

“I can't believe I let myself fall for you even if I was aware about your first love's existence,” Winter uttered, her voice slowly breaking.

Tears started to fall down her cheeks when she remembered all the happy memories that she shared with Karina for the past month. It just broke her heart even more because she thought the older was already happy and contented with her.

Turns out that Winter was just Karina's temporary home.

“Oh well.. ” Winter continued while wiping her tears away. “At least I know now that I can never take her place.”

Winter covered herself with the blanket and closed her eyes. She didn't want to go to school even if she had grades to protect. Seeing both Yeji and Karina would just traumatize her more and it wouldn't be impossible for her to bump into them inside the campus.

She'll be the one to adjust.

Winter was slowly drifting to sleep when she heard multiple knocks on her bedroom door. She released a soft groan and ignored it, thinking that whoever was making the noise would go away if nobody answered. 

Unfortunately, whoever that was didn't have plans on stopping. 

Winter kicked her blanket off and stood up her bed, stomping her way towards the door with a frown on her face. She harshly twisted the doorknob and to her surprise, someone came to visit her unexpectedly. Winter's gaze immediately softened once the door revealed the person behind it. 

“Chaeryeong?” 

“Winter,” the latter uttered with such gentleness in her tone. 

“What are you doing here? You're supposed to be in class.”

Chaeryeong shook her head, fidgeting with her fingers before looking straight i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter