One – The Big News

Corporate Entanglement
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Winter walked back and forth as she fiddled with her fingers. The news has been spreading so quickly and it just annoyed her even more. Her father, who was watching her from a distance, could only shake his head.

What was the news?

Kim Minjeong, also known as Winter, will be marrying Yoo Jimin, also known as Karina, in two months. The both of them are young successors of two huge companies in Seoul. It so happened that Winter's father was caught hoarding illegal products which caused their company to go bankrupt. Their sales went down and the only choice left was to accept the offered partnership of the J-Yoo Industries.

Yes, one of the agreements were for the young heiresses to be put in an arranged marriage to keep their company going. 

“Minjeong, will you stop pacing like that? You're making me dizzy,” Winter's father hissed. 

“I can't believe it's all over the news. How will I be able to go to school tomorrow? How will I be able to live my life freely? Dad, is there no other way to save our company? I can't just marry someone I don't know,” Winter continuously whined, as if her whining would actually cancel the planned wedding. 

“You will be marrying Jimin in two months. That's enough time for the both of you to get to know each other more. She's a nice girl, I've met her and her father multiple times already. I'm not doing this for myself, I'm doing this for you. You will be taking over the company sooner and your only choice left is to keep it growing and working.” 

Winter stomped her way upstairs and shut her bedroom door aggressively. A loud bang was heard from the entire mansion, even the maids who were busy with their work all went to the living room to see what happened. 

The young girl sighed as she stared at the ceiling. 

“I can't believe this. I hate my life,” Winter uttered before grabbing her phone to text her childhood best friend, Ningning. 

The both of them were supposed to go to the new café in town and spend the rest of the afternoon there. Unfortunately, Winter will be meeting the parents of her future wife in a few minutes, causing her and Ningning to cancel their plans for the day. Winter placed her phone back in her bag and silently counted to ten. As soon as she reached the last number, she heard a knock on her door. 

“Kim Minjeong, let's go.” 

Just as what she expected. 

--

It only took them fifteen minutes to get to the J-Yoo Industries because the streets weren't filled with vehicles even if it was the weekend. The driver got out of the car first to open the door for Winter. Realizing that there were a lot of people holding their cameras, Winter heaved out a deep sigh before stepping out of the car with poise. Her father did the same thing, his smile shining brighter than ever. It annoyed Winter even more and it was a bit evident in her facial expressions. 

Two musculated men stood side by side, attempting to protect Winter and her father while they enter the huge building. 

As soon as they got inside and left all of the reporters and cameramen behind, Winter and her father headed straight to the third floor of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter