Chapter 19: The bestfriend's story

The genius has fallen

 

The party went on after the introduction of Park Enterprise heir. Now it is the time for the couple dance.

 

“Psh couples.” Youngjae muttered.

“Stop being bitter Youngjae.” Himchan snickered.

“What do you mean bitter? I’m not bitter. I'm never bitter.” He defensively said.

“Not having any girl doesn’t automatically require you to be bitter.” Himchan told him.

“Aisshhh I’m not bitter! And look who’s talking? You don’t have a girlfriend yourself too hyung.”

“For now…” Himchan said and looked around. His eyes spotted a pretty girl sitting at a table near them.

“Watch how your hyung does his magic.” Himchan told him.

 

He got up and went straight towards the girl. He told her things which made the girl blush. It was not even a minute when the girl stood up and let herself be lead towards the dance floor by Himchan. Himchan looked at Youngjae and smirked while mouthing ‘Watch and learn’ to him.

 

“Tsk, what a player.” Youngjae muttered and drank his juice.

“Aissh look at that Himchan enjoying himself.” Yongguk said.

“Well what are we doing here let’s dance too!” Jongup excitedly said.

“Do you even have someone to dance to?” Youngjae asked him.

“My mom is here.” Jongup smiled got up and went towards his mom.

“Mommy’s boy.” Daehee said.

“Well you’re an oppas girl.” Zelo told her.

“Am I talking to you ramen head?” She snapped at him.

“I’m just saying facts!” Zelo said while rolling his eyes.

 

Daehee was about to argue with him more but was interrupted when a guy her age went up to her and asked her to dance. She looked at Zelo to see his reaction but the boy had his back at her.

 

*Hmmmph! Insensitive ramen head.* She thought and pouted.

 

“I’ll dance with you.” She gave him her best smile making the boy blush and went towards the dance floor.

 

When they were out of hearing distance Zelo turned towards Daehyun who just got back from the restroom.

 

“Hyung! Some wanna be asked Daehee to dance!” He told him.

“What? Who’s that prick??” Daehyun angrily asked and looked around for Daehee.

“There they are!” Zelo pointed at the couple.

“The nerve!” Daehyun tightened his fist.

“Go hyung! Show that prick who’s in charge!” He said encouragingly.

 

Daehyun was about to go but stopped when a shy looking girl approached him.

 

“Uhm Hi Daehyun.” She shyly greeted him.

“Oh, Hi Naeun. I didn’t know you came.” Daehyun was surprised to see his old neighbor here and before he knew it they started talking with each other forgetting about going up to his sister.

“Hyung…” Zelo whined looking at his hyung’s retreating figure.

 

He just slumped on his seat and rested his head on the table scowling at Dahee and her dance partner.

 

“You should just go up there and snatch her away.” Youngjae told him.

“What are you saying hyung?”

“If you don’t like her dancing with some guy you should tell her.”

“W-What do you mean?”

“Oh come on, you like her don’t you?” Youngjae .

“I-I don’t!” Zelo denied but his face showed otherwise.

“Tsk, don’t deny it. If I were you I’ll go there before she’s taken away.” He suggested.

“I should say the same to you hyung.”

“What do you mean?” Youngjae asked him.

“Look right there.” Zelo pointed at a couple dancing farther away from them.

 

Youngjae can’t see clearly so he squinted his eyes and that’s when he saw Miho happily dancing with Dongho.

 

*What the heck she was here a moment ago!* He looked at the empty seat beside him and back at them.

*That bastard is fast.* He said clenching his fist.

 

“If I were you I’ll go there before she’s taken away.” Zelo told him.

“You copycat. Why would I care if she’s taken away? I don't really care.” He said.

“Oh come on, you like her don’t you?”

“Yah stop copying me and I don’t like her okay?”

“Tsk, don’t deny it-“

“If you repeat what I said awhile ago I’ll seriously punch you.” He threatened and the maknae just laughed.

“It’s funny how you can tell if someone like someone but you can’t tell if YOU yourself like someone.” Zelo told him.

“What the hell are you talking about?”

“Nothing hyung. I'll follow your advice. I’ll go now before she’s taken away.” Zelo stood up and fixed his tuxedo.

“And you should do the same.” He told his hyung before going towards Daehee.

 

“Did that guy took drugs or something?” He asked himself staring at his dongsaeng’s retreating back.

 

He looked around and saw that he’s the only one left at their table. Yongguk got himself busy talking at some guys in the corner, Jongup was dancing happily with his mom, and Daehyun was busy chatting with a girl.

 

*Traitor.* He sent imaginary daggers at Daehyun’s back. (A/N: DaeYoung!! >__<)

 

He looked back at Zelo and saw that he’s now dancing with Daehee with blushes on their cheeks.

 

*Tsk, look at that guy. Can't believe he was moping awhile ago. Be prepared to feel Daehyun’s wrath Zelo-ah.* He snickered thinking of how protective Daehyun can get towards his younger sister.

 

Zelo then turned to look at him and mouth something.

 

*What is he saying?* He looked at Zelo like he’s an alien making the younger boy face palm himself.

 

‘They’re going away.’ He finally read his mouth.

‘Who’s going away?’ he mouthed back and that’s when Zelo pointed at Miho and Dongho going towards the balcony hand in hand.

 

Youngjae’s eyebrow furrowed and before he knew it he went and followed them.

 

. . . . . .  . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

 

“Spill it already.” Miho impatiently asked her bestfriend who are now looking towards the moon at the balcony. Her best friend heaved a long sigh before turning towards her.

“Don’t panic okay?”

“You know if someone asks me not to panic I automatically panic. Just say it will you??”

“Arasso. The thing is… I’m the Park enterprise heir.”

“I know. I heard that a while ago." She rolled her eyes at him. A thing she got from Youngjae.

"What I want to know is how? You never told me you’re rich!”

“I didn’t know too until the day you went to Seoul. Remember how I was absent when you departed?" He asked her.

"I remember and I still can't get over it." Miho pouted angrily.

"It was because my father got a heart attack.” He started.

“I’m sorry." Miho suddenly feel stupid  for getting angry a while ago.

"How’s uncle now?” Miho worriedly asked.

“He’s not fine. Half of his body is paralyzed. My mother cried every night thinking of how we can pay dad’s medical bills. I tried to work on different jobs but that wasn’t enough considering we still have a house to pay rent to. And that’s when he appeared.”

 

Miho can’t help but notice the change in Dongho’s eyes. A moment ago his eyes were sad talking about his family but now it’s full of hate.

 

“Director Park came at the hospital one day. Mom introduced him as her father. I never saw him before and mom and doesn’t like talking about him either. I bowed at him and flinched on how he’s looking at me. I don’t like it. It’s like he’s seeing my worth.” Dongho’s fist tightened.

 

“My anger raised a notch when he looked at dad and smirked. He told mom how worthless dad is and she should regret throwing her good life. He told us her that he could help. He’ll pay the medical bills, he’ll pay the loan sharks, he’ll give us a house and he’ll even give us monthly allowance. But in one condition, I should go with him. Apparently his in need of a successor, he could not just give his money to someone not blood related. My mother agreed which angered me at first. I felt like she’s selling me. I ran out of the hospital angry and went towards our home. I’ve never cried like that in my whole life.” He laughed bitterly. Miho stay silent urging for him to go on.

 

“Then I realized that I’m the one being selfish. I should help my family. That old man is the key towards my family’s good life. Who am I to deprive them of it? I went back at the hospital. When my mom saw me she hugged me instantly. She said she was sorry and she’s only thinking about my future. That her dad could make me go to college which she could not give to me. I hate seeing my mom cried so I just hugged her and told her that I’ll accept the old man’s offer.” Dongho said and looked at Miho.

“And that’s the story of how I end up here.” He said and smiled at her.

“I’m really sorry about what happened to your family. And I’m really really sorry that I was not there with you during those times. I fail as a best friend!!!” She whined. Dongho just chuckled at her and ruffled her hair.

“That’s okay you’re here now right?”

“Yes I’m here. Tell me anything and I would do my best to help you.” She said.

“Actually, there is something you could help me with.” He said biting his lips hesitating if he could really tell it.

“You can ask me anything! That’s the least I could do.” She said smiling.

“Marry me.” He said making Miho widen her eyes.

“Come again?” She asked not sure if she heard him right.

“I said Marry me. Marry me Lee Miho.” He said seriously.

 

Miho was dumbfounded and at loss of what to say.

 

“I-I-“ But before she could reply the door to the balcony was opened harshly and a very angry looking Youngjae entered.

“W-what are you doing here?” She asked him but Youngjae kept his glare on Dongho.

 

“She will never marry you.” He spat. And before she knew it, Miho found herself being drag away.

 

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Daehyun: You author.. How dare you pair my baby sister with Zelo!!!

Daehee: Oppa I'm not a baby anymore!!! >.<

Zelo: Hyung I feel offended TT_TT