Chapter 16: The master’s order

The genius has fallen

 

The bell rang indicating its lunch time. Miho immediately took her lunchbox out. She’s now bringing lunch box instead of buying her foods in the cafeteria because she now accepted the fact that the girls don’t want her there.

 

“Where are you going?” Youngjae stopped her from going outside.

“I’m gonna eat lunch.” She replied.

“I asked ‘where’ not ‘what’.” He said.

“I’m gonna go to the rooftop.” She said.

“Why?” He asked.

“Why are you asking too many questions!” Miho whined.

“Because I can! Could you just answer me??” He said.

“I’m going to eat lunch with Dongho! There happy?” She said and about to leave but Youngjae called her again.

“Yah stupid girl!”

“What is it this time??” Miho asked getting impatient because she’s really hungry right now.

“I command you to bring me with you.” Youngjae commanded.

“Why would I bring you with me?” Miho asked curiously.

“Because I’m your master, slave.” He said with full confidence not realizing how childish and unreasonable he is right now.

“Arasso, come.” Miho agreed thinking the guy must be lonely without Daehyun around.

 

*Yes!*He thought and happily followed her.

 

Dongho was thinking of the reason he went to Seoul when the door to the rooftop opened. He smiled seeing Miho entered and immediately frowned when he saw Youngjae following behind with a cocky face.

 

“What’s he doing here?” He asked Miho who sat down next to him.

“I’m here to be friends with you.” Youngjae smiled and sat down in the middle of Dongho and Miho.

“That’s good! You guys should be friends. I know you can have a lot of fun together.” Miho said beaming at the idea that the two boys at the rooftop will be friends not sensing the tense atmosphere between them.

 

“Yeah friends..” Dongho looked at Youngjae’s suspicious smile.

*I swear he’s up to something.*He thought.

 

“Come on let’s eat.” She motioned and opened her lunch box but she notice that Youngjae doesn’t have any.

“How will you eat if you don’t have any food?” She asked him.

“Of course you’ll be kind enough to buy me lunch right?” Youngjae expectantly smiled at her.

 

*You better be thankful I’m indebted to you.*She thought.

 

“Aisshhhh. Arasso. Wait here.” She said and was about to stand up but Youngjae thought of something.

“Wait. Let’s just share your food! What do you think?” He excitedly said.

 

The thought of her and Youngjae sharing food makes Miho’s heart skip a beat and her face flush red.

 

“A-Are you sure you want to eat this?” Miho asked pointing at her messy looking lunch.

“I’m sure.” Youngjae smiled genuinely. The idea also makes him giddy inside. He doesn’t know why but he’s sure that he’s truthful in wanting to share lunch with her even though her lunch doesn’t go anywhere near his everyday food.

“A-Arasso.” She said and pushed the lunch box towards him a little.

 

Youngjae chuckled at how cute Miho is when she’s shy. He didn’t even bother correcting himself when he thought of her as cute anymore. Because he already accepted the fact that Miho is cute. *Like a hamster.* He added. (A/N: Haiz stubborn Youngjae..)

 

“Yah how can we share if you’re that far? Come here.” He said patting the space beside him.

 

Miho shyly obeyed and sat next to him.

 

“Wait, there’s no extra chopstick.” Miho said.

“Then let’s share the chopsticks too.” Youngjae said boldly enjoying Miho’s flustered face.

“W-What?” Miho asked not believing the picky Youngjae would want to share his chopstick with her.

“I-Isn’t that kinda like a-a indirect k-kis-“

“Indirect kiss?” Youngjae put the words on .

“N-Neh.” Miho said.

“Don’t worry. I don’t have any infectious disease.” Youngjae said taking the chopstick out of Miho’s hands.

“Here say ahh~” Youngjae .

“I have hands you know!” Miho said and took the chopsticks.

“Tsk, acting like she doesn’t like it..” Youngjae making Miho’s face redder.

“I don’t!” She said with face flushed.

“Bongchijima. (Don’t lie)” He said.

“I’m not lying!” She insisted.

“You are.” Youngjae calmly said taking back the chopstick from her and taking a bite from her lunch.

 

*Hmmmh, unbelievably gross.* He thought but decided not to tell her.

 

“How do you know I’m lying then??” Miho asked her.

“When you lie..” He started then chewed the food first.

“What??” Miho impatiently asked him.

“Calm down woman. Geez.” He said and swallowed the food Miho made.

 

*Does she put rubber in them or something?* He thought thinking how hard Miho’s lunch to chew is.

 

“When you lie, do you know that your nostrils became bigger?” He asked pointing at her nose.

“W-What-“

“A whole lunchbox can fit there you know.” He .

“You-“

“Here let’s try.” He said then tried to put her lunchbox near her face but Miho shoved it while putting her hands on her nose.

“Shut up! It so won’t fit!” She said irritated he only complex but the latter just laughed he’s head off clearly enjoying Miho’s annoyance.

“It seriously will fit.” He insisted.

“It won-*CHOMP*” She was cut off by Youngjae shoving food on .

“Eat big nostril stupid girl.” Youngjae .

“You-*CHOMP*” She was cut off again by Youngjae shoving her food.

“I told you to just eat. Don’t mind that big nostrils of yours.” He teased again making Miho’s blood boil.

“Yah-*CHOMP*” She was cut off again by Youngjae and that’s how she decided to just shut up.

 

Youngjae chuckled at Miho’s full cheeks. *See? Like a hamster.* He thought and noticed that Dongho is looking at him.

 

“You’re still here chingu?” He smiled a smug smile at him.

“You guys quarrel like a married couple.” Dongho commented making the both of them flush red and Miho choke. Youngjae quickly looked for water but realizing there’s none he ran to find one. Dongho on the other hand went beside Miho and started patting her back.

 

Youngjae ran towards the cafeteria.

 

“I want a juice.” He demanded the girl in the counter. The girl just looked at him irritated and proceeded to look for a juice inside.

“Can you please hurry up??” Youngjae hollered.

 The girl came out and Youngjae tossed a bill at her.

“Keep the change.” He said and ran back not bothering to get his change.

 

He immediately poked the straw on the juice and gave it to Miho who are now fine because she managed to spit out the food stuck on earlier.

 

“Thank you.” Miho said surprise Youngjae get her a drink himself.

“Damn..” Youngjae said out of breathe while lying on the ground.

“You should work out more man.” Dongho snickered.

“Go to hell.” He told him.

“Youngjae! I thought you want him as your friend!” Miho yelled.

“Go to hell chingu (friend).” He said and gave him the best mocking smile he could muster.

 

Dongho just chuckled on how out of breath and sweaty Youngjae is.

*She must be important to her.*He thought.

 

When Youngjae finally catch his breath he sat upright again and was about to take a bite on Miho’s lunch when his cellphone rang. He looked at the caller ID and saw her mom’s name on it.

 

“I’ll just answer this.” He told Miho and went a bit farther from them.

“Yoboseyo? (Hello)”

“Youngjae my handsome son!” Her mom enthusiastically said.

“What is it mom?” He asked impatiently hating how Dongho and Miho is having an alone time right now.

“It’s March right now right?” She asked him and the boy immediately got it.

“I don’t want to come.” He said.

“But you should! Your father was very furious when you didn’t show up last year.” She reminded him.

“But mom…” He whined.

“No buts. You should come if you don’t want your father to go all hulk again like last year.” She said and he remembered how his father went wild when he didn’t show up on The Grand Ball last year.

“Arasso, I’ll try.” He said lifelessly.

“Don’t try. Come.” She said.

“Okay. Goodbye mom.” He said.

“Oh before I forgot, don’t forget to bring a date with you okay? Bye!” Her mom said and ended the call.

“W-What?? Mom! Hello?? Mom?? Aish!! How can she end the call that fast?? Ugghh… Where the heck will I get a date?” He asked while looking at the blue sky. Then he suddenly heard Miho call him.

“Hey let’s finish this and go back to class!” She told him.

 

An idea came to Youngjae’s mind and he smirked. He went towards them and sat beside Miho still not taking of his eyes on her.

 

“Why are you looking at me l-like that?” Miho asked uncomfortable.

“Do you like fairytales?” He asked her.

“Huh?”

“I said do you like fairytales?” He repeated.

“Of course I do. Who wouldn’t like them? Why?” She asked.

“Good.” He told her.

“Why?” She asked.

“Because I’ll be taking you to the grand ball Cinderella.” He told her and smirked.

“To the what??” She asked her incredulously.

“To the grand ball. Prepare yourself.” He said.

“Wha-Do you think I’ll go??” She asked him.

“I don’t ‘think’ so. I ‘know’ so.” He said and stood up.

 

“Lee Miho, I order you to be my date!”

 

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Finals is a

-___________-