Chapter 21: Realizations

The genius has fallen

 

After the Grand Ball a lot of changes happened at Miho. The first change is towards her best friend. Because of the sudden marriage proposal he gave her Miho grew uncomfortable around him. Before its okay to her if he hugged her or held her hands but now it’s not. Dongho began to think that he’s pretty stupid for telling it to her like that.

 

*How will I make her comfortable around me again?*He thought. He was busy forming plans on his head when someone interrupted it.

 

“Hey do you have extra pen I can use?” Hyuna, their class’ ulzzang ask him showing her aegyo.

“No I don’t.” He coldly answered before looking away.

 

He doesn’t know why but there’s something in Hyuna that he didn’t like. It was really funny actually considering that they’ve just met.

 

*What’s his problem??*Hyuna thought scowling at him.

 

She’s been trying her very best for him to notice her because Dongho is apparently gaining a lot of interest from the girls next to B.A.P. Having him as a boyfriend will probably boost her ego and popularity more. But it seems like her efforts were in vain because the boy just kept on ignoring her. What makes the matter worst is that he’s giving her extra cold shoulders.

 

She saw Dongho interact with their other classmate and he seemed pretty normal talking with them. But why oh why does he always give her cold stares and personality whenever she tried talking to him?

 

The boy’s concentrated gaze faltered and a smile formed on his lips when he saw someone walking by. Hyuna looked at the source of the boy’s smile too and immediately scowled at what she saw. It was Miho walking by.

 

*That Lee Miho really is dangerous. She has gotten Yoo Youngjae and Jung Daehyun, now Shin Dongho too??*She thought and felt hurt when her seatmate quickly stood up and went towards Miho’s way with a big smile plastered at his face.

 

*I should step up my game.*She thought and glare at the two standing outside the hallway.

 

. . . . . . . . . . . . .  . . . . .

 

Miho was walking towards her classroom thinking about what happened at the grand ball last time. She thought of what Dongho told her but most of the time she thought about Youngjae. The boy didn’t talk at her again. He didn’t even look at her or glance her way. She tried talking to him several times but failed. She initially thought that maybe this was like the last time and the boy will eventually give in and notice her but to her dismay it never happened.

 

The boy continued ignoring her like she doesn’t even exist and it hurts her. It hurts her so bad she can’t sleep peacefully at night. It hurts her so bad she lost her appetite thinking about it. It hurts her like a hammer shattered her heart into a million pieces when he ignored her. It doesn’t even help that they’re seatmates.

 

*It’s been two weeks. When will you talk to me again, jerk?* Her thoughts were interrupted when a familiar voice called her.

 

“Miho-ah!” It was Dongho, one of the reasons she’s pacing out. She tried to give him a cheerful smile like she gave him before but failed to do so. Dongho can’t help but feel guilty.

“Yah meet me at the rooftop later arasso?” He smiled at her.

“Okay.” She answered giving him a meek smile. Dongho sighed.

“I’ll explain to you the reasons of my action later.” He said. Miho looked at him curiously. She’s been dying to know he’s actions since that day.

“Go, your homeroom teacher must be there already.” Dongho smiled and gently pushed her towards her classroom.

 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

 

Class ended and Miho made her way towards the rooftop. She breathed in deeply before opening the door. She looked around and saw Dongho looking at the school grounds. He smiled at her when he saw her coming. After getting closer to him Dongho immediately bowed 90 degrees.

 

“D-Dongho-ah what are you doing??” She asked him trying to straighten him up.

“I’m really sorry Miho-ah. I knew I shocked you by asking you to marry me but you’re the only one who could help me.” He said still bowing.

“What? How could marrying you help?” She asked him.

 

The boy straightened his back and stared at her eyes apologetically.

 

“My grandfather wants me to marry someone I don’t know. Someone who belongs in the world I was forced to live in. I don’t like that.” He started.

“I told him that I have a girlfriend and that’s you. I told him that we love each other very much and that I won’t marry anyone besides you. It’s okay if you don’t love me or anything but please pretend to be my girl.” He begged her.

“So you’re saying you’re not asking me to marry you for real? You just want me to pretend to be you’re fiancée so that your grandpa won’t pester you into marrying someone you don’t know?” She asked and the boy nodded.

“OUCH! MIHO THAT HURTS! OUCH!” Miho started throwing punches, kicks an slaps at him.

“T-That seriously hurts…” Dongho said caressing his gut.

“You pabo!! I seriously believed you!!” She said wiping her tears.

“Why are you crying? I’m the one supposed to cry! Look at what you did to me!” Dongho told her pointing at the bruises she gave him.

“…he seriously believed you too.” Miho sniffed.

“By ‘he’ you mean Youngjae right?” He asked her sitting closer.

“H-How did you know?”

“It’s pretty obvious.” He snickered.

“You like him?” He asked and Miho blushed.

“I-I don’t!”

“Don’t lie. Then why are you so affected if he believed me or not?”

“B-Because he started ignoring me!”

“Why are you affected he’s ignoring you? I thought you don’t like him?” Dongho asked and for the first time no excuse came out from Miho’s mouth because she herself doesn’t know the reasons either.

“You changed Miho-ah.” He suddenly said.

“What? I didn’t.”

“You did. Before you don’t care what others think or do. You just do what you want. Now, you’re so worked up on Youngjae. How he thinks of you, how he is around you and how he’s ignoring you.” He stated and Miho kept silent because he’s right.

 

*How can you affect me this much Yoo Youngjae?*She asked herself then sighed.

 

“Is it bad?” She asked her bestfriend who is now lying at the ground on his back.

“What is?” He asked while looking at the blue sky. Miho mimicked him and lied at the ground too.

“Change.” She said.

“It depends if the change is for the better or worst. I think your ‘change’ is good, because now you’re becoming more and more aware of your surrounding and your emotions.” He said now closing his eyes.

“The only emotion I’m aware as of now is pain.”

“It’s because you’re not looking enough.”

“What do you mean?”

“What is the reason of your pain?”

“Youngjae.” She answered bitterly.

“Who exactly is Youngjae to you?” He asked her.

“Yoo Youngjae is the greatest jerk I ever met. He’s self centered, conceited, haughty, full of himself and a meanie.” She said scowling but that scowl immediately vanish when she continued.

“He may have all those negative qualities but there are also some things I like about him. He’s self centered but he never forgets to ask me if I did my assignment or not. He also let me copy his sometimes but not forgetting to insult me first.” She chuckled.

 

“He’s maybe full of himself but he has every right to do so. His intelligence is really something to be proud of. Even if his mouth is full of mean things he could be very sweet sometimes.  You know he even called me beautiful before.” She giggled making her bestfriend rolled his eyes inwardly.

 

“He’s mean but he’s also kind at the same time. Ever since I got here I was never bored. Even though we always fight believe it or not I enjoy those. In fact I think those petty arguments of ours made us closer.” She said and closed her eyes reminiscing those times.

 

“I-I miss those. I miss our silly fights, I miss our petty arguments, I miss our bickering, I miss his teasing, I miss us… I miss him.” She said letting a tear roll down.

 

Dongho opened his eyes and looked at her.

 

“You do know you sound like a lovesick girl describing her boyfriend who is far away from her right?” He asked her with a mischievous smile on his face.

 

Miho’s eyes widen letting realization hit her and abruptly sat up straight.

 

“I love him.” She said quietly.

“I love him.” She repeated like she’s telling it to herself.

“I love him!” She told Dongho who looked at her amused.

“I love him!” She repeated.

“I know. I know.” Dongho chuckled.

“I love him. I love Yoo Youngjae!!” She shouted at the sky.

 

Dongho just chuckled seeing his best friend run around the rooftop chanting ‘I love him!’. She suddenly stopped and run towards the exit.

 

“Yah where are you going?” He asked her.

“I’m going to find Youngjae.” She said.

“Why?”

 

“I’m gonna confess.”

 

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Belated happy birthday to our lovable B.A.P. leader Bang Yongguk!! :D 

 

Comment replies: 

 

@pinkfluffyunicorn: I updated! Don't die! LOL XD

@candycane96: finally right? :D

@fightingme: I also don't know why I chose that as my title.. I guess there's somethin in that sentence :)

@chodingpudding: I know right?? There's a few Youngjae-based fanfic out there... B.A.P.'s BRAIN deserve stories! LOL Thanks for reading :)

@chattykitkat: And I love you for commenting haha XD Thanks~ <3

@RiceBunny87: yes~ Thank you for reading :)

 

OFF TOPIC:

 

Guys if you have time please read my other story: 

"When fate plays: Getting back with my ex-fiancee" http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/164659

The main character is Kris Wu of EXO-M the guy I've been drooling for days already hehe XD

Don't hesitate to subscribe and leave a comment~ <3 <3 <3