Chapter 17: One thing

The genius has fallen

 

At some room in the Park residence: the venue for the grand ball.

 

Amidst from all the chattering and noises coming from the grand hall of their mansion, a young man sighs deeply while looking at his reflection at the mirror.

 

*I don’t want to do this.* He thought sadly.

 

His thoughts were disrupted by the opening of his room’s door. He averted his gaze and look at the intruder.

 

“You ready child?” A very intimidating looking old man asked him.

“Do I really have to do this harabeoji? (grandfather)”

“Yes, you’re the only one capable of handling my business. You’re my heir. The whole world must know your existence and how important you are.” The old man told his grandchild with utmost authority.

“But-“

“Don’t be like your mother. Don’t disappoint me.” He cut him off.

“That traitor. She clearly knows she’s my only heir. I gave her everything. I raised her like a princess and what did she do to repay me? She eloped and married that peasant father of yours.” He added.

 

The boy tightly clenched his fist wanting so badly to shut the old man in front of him.

 

“Anyways, past is past. What important is now. Tonight, you will forget everything about them. Tonight, you’ll be known as an heir, a Park heir. And tonight, you are going to introduce me to that lover of yours you’re talking about. If I like her you two will get married. If not, say goodbye to her and say hello to your future wife.”

 

*I really don’t have a say on this do I?* The younger boy asked himself.

 

“Get ready, the party will start in a few minutes.” The old man told him and left the young boy by himself.

“I really am useless. I can’t even defend my parents. I can’t even... I can’t even defend myself.” He said to himself and laughed a bitter laugh.

 

 

Meanwhile, in a salon near the hotel…

 

“Damn, what’s taking that girl so long??” Youngjae impatiently asked himself while pacing back and forth across the waiting area.

 

*She doesn’t even need that much of make-over anyways. She’s pretty enough.* He thought.

 

O__O

 

*I-I mean she’s cute enough. Yeah, like a hamster.* He quickly corrected himself.

 

“What’s Youngjae oppa’s problem?” Young Daehee asked his Daehyun oppa who are busy playing a game on his phone.

 

The Jung siblings decided to come together with Youngjae and Miho to the grand ball. Everyone has to have a partner and Daehyun decided to have his sister because doesn’t know other girls beside Miho.

 

“Don’t mind him. He’s just anxious.” He told her still looking at his phone.

“He looks like a husband waiting for her wife outside the delivery room.” Daehee said.

“He likes her doesn’t he?” She whispered to his brother.

“How can you say so?” Daehyun stopped playing and looked at his little sister.

“Oh come on, only blind people cannot see. And besides, I know Youngjae oppa since I was born. He’s not normally like that.” She said.

 

Daehyun looked at his sister and smiled. “Aigoo, my baby sister is smart.” He cooed ruffling her hair.

“Oppa I’m not a baby anymore!” She said and pouted making her look cuter.

“Eventhough you’re already 13, even if you have a boyfriend, even if you married, even if you have children, grandchildren, or whatever, you’re always gonna be my baby sister.” He said and affectionately hugged her.

“Eww oppa, you’re so cheesy.” Daehee said but her brother clearly knows that his baby sister is touched and just acting proud.

 

*Yougjae must’ve rubbed some of his qualities off her.* He thought.

 

“Don’t pretend you don’t like it.” Daehyun and started tickling her. The two shared hearty laughs but then stopped when they heard a ringing of someone’s phone.

 

 

Miho’s P.O.V.

 

I looked at myself in the mirror for the last time before heading out to meet the guys at the waiting area.

 

I’m so pretty~!!!!!!! Kyaahhhhh~!!!

 

I giggled happily at my reflection. I’m wearing a light make up and my hair is tied in one side. I’m wearing this white feathered dress Youngjae gave me. Who knew the jerk have a good fashion sense.

 

“You look really pretty.” Make-up artist unnie smiled at me.

“Thank you.” I replied sheepishly.

“Your boyfriend is really lucky.” She added.

“komowo, but I don’t have any boyfriend.” I said shyly.

“Really? Then who’s the guy waiting for you outside?” She asked.

“Both of the guys outside are my friends only unnie.” I said. Daehyun is definitely my friend but Youngjae?

 

Hmmmh… I don’t know. There are times when I think he’s my friend but there are times that I think he’s not. I’m just gonna ask him later.

 

“You should go out now, one of the boys outside is getting really impatient.” A guy who came inside the make-up room said.

 

He doesn’t need to say a name. I knew from the bottom of my heart that the impatient one he’s referring to is Youngjae. -____-

 

“Come on.” Unnie held my hand and opened the door.

 

I saw Youngjae fiddling with his phone and Daehyun tickling his little sister.

 

 

Awwwwww so cute~!!!!

 

 

I was distracted from admiring the siblings when someone’s phone rang.

 

(A/N: The ringtone is 'One thing' by one direction XD)

 

I tried playing it cool

But when I’m looking at you

I can’t ever be brave

Cuz you make my heart race

 

I was watching an unnie also waiting for someone in the waiting area find her phone when I felt someone looking at me.

 

 

It’s Youngjae.

 

 

Shot me out of the sky

You’re my kryptonite

You keep making me weak

Yeah, frozen and can’t breathe

 

 

 

His gaze…

 

Why is he looking at me like that?? It’s making me feel giddy.

 

 

(>///////////////////////////////<)

 

 

 

Something’s gonna give now

Cuz I’m dying just to make you say

That I need you here with me now

Cuz you got that one thing

So get out get out get out of my head

And fall into my arms instead

I don’t I don’t don’t know what it is

But I need that one thing

And you got that one thing-

 

 

“Yoboseyo?” She finally answered her phone stopping the music. I frowned when it stopped and look at Youngjae. He’s still looking at me. He’s brown orbs gazing at mine making my knees weak.

 

“You…” He said still looking at me.

“W-What?”

 

“You look beautiful.” He said.

 

o.O

 

O.o

 

O.O

 

 

"Who are you and what have you done to Youngjae?"

 

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

 

I'm sorry for the late update.

I've been trying to save this chapter for a long time already but AFF won't let me!

It's always 'Failed to connect to server' something D:

I'm really sorry guys.

*Do a 90 degrees bow.*

Thanks for my loyal subscribers who didn't unsubscribe

And also to my new subscribers~!

Love you guys *sniffs*