Chapter 28: Right in front of me

The genius has fallen

 

"Hey."

"...."

"Hey!"

"....."

"YAH!!"

 

Dongho grabbed Hyuna's arms and shot her a look. "I've been calling you for the past minutes already!"

"Can't you see I'm busy??" She shouted trying to pry her arm away from him but it was no use.

"Busy? You're busy doing what? Looking for Miho and Youngjae?? God, you're so pathetic." Hyuna griited her teeth and with all her might shoved him away.

"You know what? I changed my mind. Go. Go away." She said and walked away from him but he still followed her. 

Hyuna turned to look at him again with poison in her eyes. "I told you to go right?? Why aren't you going away??"

"And what? Let you find the two and ruin their date? Hell to the no!" Dongho told her.

"You're really annoying as hell." Hyuna muttered.

"You're being a as usual." Dongho retorted.

"You-" she was about to strangle him when someone bumped into her making her fall flat on the ground.

 

"Ouch..." She winced and looked at her scraped knee.

"Are you alright?" A familiar voice asked her.

 

She looked up and her eyes widen seeing the owner of the voice. The both of them looked at each other in surprised. Feelings of  irritation and anger suddenly flashed into Hyuna's eyes. Dongho didn't fail to notice it.

 

"Hyuna... is that you?" The stranger asked trying to help her stand up.

 

One touch. One touch from the stranger was all it took to make Hyuna's wall crumble into dust. All her irritation and anger was replaced by sadness, loneliness and longing. 

 

And she hated it.

 

"Don't touch me." She slapped his hands away.

"Wait Hyuna you're hurt-"

"I SAID DON'T TOUCH ME!" She snapped.

 

The stranger was surprised at Hyuna's sudden outbburst then looked at her with apologetic eyes. "Hyuna let's talk."

"I don't wanna hear it." She said and started walking away but the stranger held unto her.

"Listen to me!"

"Let go of me-"

"Hyuna I-"

"Let go!"

"It was all a misunderstanding-"

"I SAID LET GO!" She snapped once again but this time she can't help but lket her tears fall.

 

"Why can't you just let go?? *SOBS* I said I don't w-want to talk to you *SOBS* I don't want to hear lies any more!!" She shouted while crying helplessly on the ground. The stranger looked at her with hurt evident in his face.

 

He went near her and tried to touch her again but a hand stopped him. Dongho glared at him. "Don't touch her." He said and helped the crying Hyuna stand up. "If you don't mind we're going now." He told him and assisted Hyuna in walking away. The stranger looked at the two and sighed. "I guess I'm too late."

 

When they were far enough from the guy Dongho let her sit on a nearby bench. She didn't dare look at him because she was too embarassed. *Why of all people did he have to see that??* She groaned in annoyance.

"Are you okay?" Dongho asked her.

*Do I look okay to you? Tsk.* "I'm okay. You should go now." She told him.

Dongho sighed and stood up. Hyuna watched him walk faster like he's running away from her. She gritted her teeth and her tears started to fall once again. *Heartless bastard.* She thought and wiped the tears that had already fallen.

 

Hyuna leaned her back on the bench and watched the sky. It was a mixture of red and orange. The sun is finally setting and darkness will soon take over. She sighed. *I'll probably have nightmares once again. Damn him. Why did he have to show up??* Her thoughts then drifted towards the past and how things turned to worst.

 

She cried harder thinking of how lonely and how bad she became. Too bad that no one wanted to stay with her just like what Dongho did. Hyuna chuckled without any hint of amusement remembering how Dongho immediately scurried off once she told him to go.

 

*First, Youngjae runaway with that with him, second that guy from my freaking past appeared now Dongho even left me crying here alone. He didn't even think twice about leaving me! That bastard....* She started crying again. She stopped when she suddenly felt someone's presence.

 

"D-Dongho?" She can't believe what she's seeing.

"Didn't you run away from me?" She asked the panting Dongho.

 

Dongho calmed himself first before kneeling in front of her and chuckled. "You think I could just let a girl to bleed by herself?" He said and pointed at her wounded knee. 

"We might not get along but I'm not that heartless. And besides, you're my date for today right?" He winked and showed her the first-aid kit he bought.

 

Hyuna did her best just to stop her heart to beat faster than usual. She felt that her heart is beating so fast she could only wish he can't hear it. *What the heck is happening with me??*

 

Dongho applied ointment on her wound and Hyuna winced in pain. He quickly blew on it to make her feel better. *What am I five?* Hyuna thought but she can't help but blush at his sweet actions. After applying the band-aid Dongho looked at her and smiled. "Done." He said and sat next to her.

 

Then she noticed something. "Hey, where's that thing you won earlier?" She asked him and Dongho pouted.

"I don't know. I think I dropped it where we saw that guy." He said and at the mention of the other guy, Hyuna felt like she should tell Dongho about him. 

Awkward silence passed. Hyuna looked around and saw that it was already night time. She looked at Dongho who has a calm look on his face while watching the fountain in front of them. "Dongho." She called out.

"hmmh?" He looked at her wanting her to continue.

"A-About that guy... " Hyuna stuttered her tears threatening to fall by mentioning him.

"He-He's someone I-I knew b-back-"

"Let's ride that one." Dongho suddenly blurted pointing at the ferris wheel.

"W-What-" Hyuna didn't have any time to react because he suddenly grabbed her hand and dragged her towards the ferris wheel. They got on and shared an awkward silence once again until they were on the highest peak.

"Wow. Seoul is indeed beautiful." She heard him say. Hyuna looked at the citylights and admit that he was right.

 

*It is. Why didn't I realized this before? Oh I forgot, I was busy being bitter.* She sighed and looked at him once again.

 

"Dongho, the guy from before w-was my-"

"It's okay." He cut her off once again.

"it's okay if you won't tell me. I can see that you're struggling. If telling it hurts you then don't. I'm sure there will come a time when you can say it without getting hurt. If that time comes, I'm willing to give you an ear and listen." He smiled at her.

 

There's something comforting about that smile that Hyuna can't help but smile back too. She smiled. She showed him a real smile only her close friends can see. She didn't gave him a smile the Hyuna always give. She give him a genuine smile only the real Hyuna, the one before the accident, do. And in that time she felt that she was back. The real Hyuna was back.

 

The moment was broken when they heard someone yell

 

"LEE MIHO!!! THANK YOU FOR MAKING ME HAPPY!! LET'S STAY HAPPY FOREVER!!! SARANGHAE!!"

 

"Is that....?"

"Yes. It's Youngjae-Pfffftttttt" Dongho then broked into a fit of laughter.

"HAHAHAHAHA I CAN'T BELIEVE YOUNGJAE HAD IT IN HIM!!! SO EMBARASSING!! HAHAHA" He continued laughing while holding his stomach.

"SO DAMN CHEESY-HAHAHAHAHAHA" He continued laughing. Hyuna looked at him a smile threatening to form on her face. Then she realized something.

 

Youngjae just told the entire population in Lotte park his feelings for Miho. He din't care if the people will looked at him weirdly. He didn't care if the ferris wheel staffs will scold him for yelling like that. All he cared about is making Miho feel loved and special. Hyuna, she's supposed to be angry. She's supposed to feel mad they're having their sweet moments right now. She's supposed to feel irritated she's not there to ruin it. She's supposed to feel all this things but surprisingly she don't.

 

The question is why? Why didn't she fel any of it now? Then she heard Dongho finally stopped laughing and wiping the tears on his eyes. "He's crazy I tell you." He told her and chuckled. Hyuna chuckled too but not because of Youngjae. It's because of Dongho's laughter. The two of them shared a merry laugh while talking about how embarassing Youngjae was.

 

Hyuna may not know the answers to her questions now but she'll definitely know it in the future. There's no definite time on when she'll be able to get her asnwers but someday... Someday she'll know that the answer is right in front or in her case beside her all along.

 

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

A/N: there. Hyuna's not that bad guys.

She just have some past problems that will be told when the time is right. *wink~

I felt bad for making her look bad all the time when there's someone worse than her that will show up in the future chapters.... 

Here's a cute pic of Hyuna for all of you~ <3 <3 <3

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTe-VxZBvR4JKsBo9XhZGX