Chapter 14: Sudden turn of events

The genius has fallen

 

Miho and Youngjae are silently listening to their professor. No bickering, no arguments, no cussing, just.. silence. The class was starting to feel something is wrong, the girls don’t mind though. They thought it’s better for them if the two won’t talk to each other.

 

*I can’ talk to her like normal. Damn, I can’t even look at her! It’s all that’s dream’s fault!* Youngjae thought trying his best to avoid Miho.

*Today is peaceful, TOO PEACEFUL.*Miho thought taking a peak at Youngjae who is staring blankly at the window.

*Why is he not teasing me? Did I do something wrong?*She asked herself.

*Wait. Why am I even bothered by that?? I’m supposed to be happy he’s ignoring me. I can finally have my peace! And I should be the one who avoids him considering I had that dream yesterday..*She thought and pouted.

*Maybe he’ll do bad things to me later. Yeah, that’s right. This is Yoo Youngjae we’re talking about anyways.*She concluded readying herself for Youngjae’s acts later.

 

But two more subjects passed and the boy still didn’t talk to him. The bell rang indicating its lunch time.

 

“Hi Miho!” Daehyun greeted her walking towards them.

“Hi Daehyun.”

“Did you go home safely last Saturday?” He asked.

“Yes. That’s a miracle considering the jerk made us stay late.” She glared at Youngjae.

 

Youngjae flinched and turned to face her. He was about to counter attack but seeing her face reminds him of the dream. It made him feel something he never felt before and just decided to ignore her. Daehyun was shock that his friend doesn’t retort back.

 

“I’m hungry. Let’s go Daehyun.” Youngjae said going out completely ignoring Miho.

“W-wait Youngjae! Aisshhh. See you later Miho.” Daehyun told her and followed Youngjae.

*D-did he just ignore me?*Miho sat there dumbfounded.

 

“Tsk, Youngjae finally opened his eyes huh?” A girl in her class says.

“Yes, she thinks she’s all that great because Youngjae talks to her?” Another girl chimed in.

“Serves her right.” Another girl said making the class snicker.

 

*I don’t care. It’s a good thing he’s ignoring me.*She convinced herself while walking out of the classroom.

*But why do I feel.. sad?*She asked herself but shook those thoughts away.

 

She made her way towards the cafeteria and the girls kept on snickering to themselves saying things like she deserve it and this is how it’s supposed to be. She decided to just ignore them but she can’t help but feel sad.

 

On the other hand, Youngjae was debating whether he’ll be able to talk normally to you despite the dream he had. He was just picking on his food lifelessly.

 

“You okay man?” Daehyun asked her.

“You know.. you can talk to her if you want.” He added.

“Why would I talk to her?” Youngjae asked.

“I know you’re missing her.” Daehyun teased.

“Oh come on! I don’t miss her! Why would I even miss that stupid girl??” He asked defensively.

“I didn’t even tell a name Youngjae.” Daehyun looked at him with teasing eyes.

“……….”

“……….”

“Ahahahaha I can’t believe I would be able to outsmart you!” Daehyun laughed out loud.

“Shut up! I’m just preoccupied with something alright??” He hissed at him.

“But why won’t you talk to Miho?” Daehyun asked.

 

*I can’t talk to her. I’ll be able to remember that friggin dream again.* He thought.

 

“I just don’t want to okay?” He hissed and walked out.

“Walk out king.” Daehyun muttered enjoying his lunch.

 

 

The whole day passed with Miho trying to make Youngjae talk to her and him on him other hand trying his best to ignore her. Miho finally gave up feeling sad and dejected. She thought that maybe those evil fan girls are right.

 

*Maybe, this is really for the best.* She thought and heaved a long sigh.

*What’s her problem?* Youngjae thought taking a peek at the sad looking Miho.

 

The bell rang once again now indicating that the class finally ended. Youngjae looked at Miho waiting for her to try to talk to him again but she just gathers her things with a frown on her face and left. Not even bothering to say goodbye to Daehyun and Youngjae.

 

“What’s her problem?” Daehyun asked him.

“I don’t know.” He said.

“Oh! I almost forgot! I should get the cd I lent her before. My dongsaeng will be furious if I won’t return it on time.” Daehyun said and was about to chase after Miho but Youngjae stopped him.

“L-let me get it from her.” Youngjae said.

“It’s okay. I can do it myself.” Daehyun told him.

“Just let me do it okay??” Youngjae hissed at him and decided to follow her out.

“Tsk, just admit that you miss her geez.” Daehyun muttered looking at his friends retreating back.

 

Youngjae ran to keep up with her. He saw her walking lifelessly with head down low. Youngjae’s heart beat fast when he saw a motorcycle about to zoom towards her.

 

“Yah stupid girl!!” He shouted and ran towards her.

*Youngjae?* Miho snapped from her dreams the moment she heard him. She avoided the motorcycle by bumping into the wall making her safe but scratched.

“Yah! Are you okay??” Youngjae asked her worriedly.

“I-I am.”

“Damn that guy! Doesn’t he know he could kill someone!” Youngjae angrily said.

“I’m gonna sue him! That lowlife!!!” He took out his phone and called someone.

“Hello? Butler Seo? I want you to sue someone. Make him rot in jail. His plate number is-“ He was cut off by Miho taking his phone.

“There’s no need to that anymore ahjussi. Bye.” She said ending the call.

“Wha-What are you doing??” He asked her.

“There’s no need to do that.” She said.

“You could be lying in a hospital bed right now you know??” He asked her.

“I know. But I’m not, okay? Let’s just forget about it.” She said.

“You could also be lying here, in this very same spot, with blood oozing out of you.” He added.

“I know-“

“Then why don’t you want to sue him??”

“Because there’s no harm done.” She explained.

“Then what do you call that thing?” He asked pointing at her bleeding elbows and knee.

“T-this is nothing.” She defended.

“Nothing my .” He said.

“Come on I’ll take you to the hospital.” He said grabbing her arm.

“There’s really no need-OUCH!” She winced in pain when he touched her arm.

“You were saying?” He asked and just holds her hands. Both of them blushed at the sudden contact.

“I-I’m holding your hands because your arms are bruised o-okay? Don’t think that I have an ulterior motive.” Youngjae told her.

 

*Tsk, I’m not even saying anything.* Miho thought then she remembered something.

 

“Hey you’re talking to me!” She exclaimed happily making Youngjae blush.

“Duh, do I look like I’m using sign language?” He asked not looking at her.

“Jerk.” She said.

 

*But at least you’re talking to me again.* She thought and chuckled.

 

“Why are you chuckling?” Youngjae asked her.

“Nothing.” She replied.

“Weirdo.” He said but smiled.

 

He led her towards his car. Driver Moon was about to open the door for Miho but Youngjae stopped him.

“Get on and drive to the nearest hospital.” He told him and opened the door for Miho himself.

“Neh.” Driver Moon said. *Getting a bit possessive aren’t we?* He thought and snickered inside his head.

 

They got to the nearby public hospital making Youngjae frown.

 

“What are we doing here?” He asked him.

“You told me to get to the nearest hospital sir.” He politely answered.

“But this is a public hospital. A PUBLIC HOS-“ He was cut off by Miho getting out.

“Yah! Wait for me!” He called her and went by her side.

“Kids these days..” Driver Moon said while looking at his boss chasing after Miho.

 

They got inside and a nurse look at the two and smiled.

 

“What can I do for you youngsters?” She asked smiling.

“Were here to get treated duh.” Youngjae answered making Miho glare at him.

“Uhmmm, I would like to get treated for these wounds.” Miho politely said while pointing at her wounds.

“Those wounds are not that bad..” The nurse said taking a look at Miho’s ointment-and-band-aids-can-heal-this wounds.

“That’s what I told this guy.” Miho glared at youngjae.

“Can you just treat her?” Youngjae impatiently asked.

“Arasso.” The nurse agreed.

“Kai come here!” The old nurse called and a young guy with a charming smile appeared.

“Yes head nurse?” He politely said.

“Treat this girl’s wounds.” She told him and went away.

“Please follow me.” Kai smiled at them and lead the way.

“Don’t you think he’s smiling too much?” Youngjae whispered at Miho.

“I don’t care. He has a nice smile.” Miho said.

“Nice smile my .” Youngjae muttered.

 

They finally got into a small room and Kai motioned Miho to seat on a bed while Youngjae just stood there looking at Kai suspiciously. Kai gathered ointments and bandages and sat in front of Miho. He was ready to treat Miho’s wounds on her knees when a jacket was suddenly thrown at Miho’s legs.

 

“What are you doing?” Miho asked him.

“You’re still wearing a skirt.” Youngjae said.

“So?”
“He might see your-uhmmm-I don’t want him to see what’s underneath that skirt. It might traumatize him for life.” Youngjae snickered.

“Jerk.” She said but covered her thighs not exceeding her knees.

 

Kai began to wipe some ointment on it making Miho wince in pain.

 

“Can you apply it more gently? Geez nurses these days..” Youngjae said. Kai just smiled and applied the ointment more gently this time.

“Does it hurt?” He asked Miho.

“A-A bit.” She said. Kai was about to blow on her wounds but Youngjae stopped him.

“You don’t need to blow on it. She’s not a little kid anymore.” He said eyeing Kai.

“Arasso.” Kai just smiled and wrapped a bandage on it.

 

Kai then proceeded to treat Miho’s wounds on her arms not minding Youngjae’s constant glare at him.

 

“There, you’re good as new.” Kai smiled and was about to help Miho get up when Youngjae butted in.

“You’re help is no longer needed.” He said and helped Miho.

“Yah what’s up with you??” She hissed at Youngjae.

“Kai-ssi don’t mind him. Thank you for your help.” She said smiling at him.

“It’s my job ma’am.” He said and led the way to the counter.

 

When they got to it Miho suddenly panicked thinking she doesn’t have any money with her but her problem went away when Youngjae handed his credit card. After the transaction she waved goodbye to Kai and went out with Youngjae. He opened the door for her, letting her sit first then he came in next. Youngjae insisted to send her home so she gave him directions. They finally came towards her home. Youngjae walk her until her door.

 

“Uhmmm. Thank you for saving me Youngjae.” She shyly said.

“And?” Youngjae asked.

“Thank you for also getting me to the hospital.” She added.

“And?”

“Thank you for paying my medical bills..”

“And?”

“Why do you keep on asking and??”

“And?”

“Aissshhh thank you for sending me home too. But you don’t need to pay for those bills you know.” She said.

“Why?” He asked.

“Because it makes me feel like I’m in debt with you.” She muttered. Hearing this, an idea suddenly crossed Youngjae’s mind.

“Then pay me.” He said and crossed his arms on his chest.

“What?”

“I said pay me. Do you know how much those public hospitals bills cause?” He asked her.

“But I didn’t ask you to pay for it!”

“You didn’t stop me neither.” He said.

“B-But.. I don’t have any money on me.” She said embarrassed.

“It’s okay. You can always pay me with your body.” He said with a smirk on his face.

“B-Bwo?? Yah I didn’t know you were a ert!” She said.

“What?”

“I-I’m still a you know!” She blurted making Youngjae’s face red.

“Y-Yah! What are you even thinking?? I’m talking about being my slave! A SLAVE! Do you think I want to do those dirty things with you? I also have my standards woman!” He exclaimed.

“A-A slave?” She asked.

“Yes a slave. Tsk, byuntae.” He snickered.

“S-Shut up! I just didn’t think enough okay??”

“Since when did you even think?” He retorted making Miho slap his arm.

“Ouch! Is that a way to treat your master slave??” He asked rubbing his sore arms.

“Shut up! I don’t wanna be your slave!” She said.

“You should be grateful I saved your life! Don’t you want to repay your savior??” He asked.

“Daehyun also saved me before but he didn’t asked me to be his slave!”

“Well I’m not Daehyun. From now on you’re my slave.” He declared.

“Shiro!!!”

“I waste my car gas on you.”

“But-“

“I took you to the hospital to treat your wounds.”

“But you-“

“I paid for your bills.”

“You-“

“Most importantly, you owe me your life.” He said.

“You still don’t wanna repay all those favors?” He asked.

“I-I-“

“I didn’t know you were this ungrateful.” Youngjae said with disappointment on his face.

“I-“

“I thought you were a nice girl.”

“I-“

“Too much for thinking like that.” He sighed dramatically and walked away.

“Wait!” She said. Youngjae stopped but didn’t turn around to face her.

“What? You wanna say how much you don’t want to repay that great favor I gave you? It’s okay you don’t have to rub it in.” He said sadly making Miho feel guilty.

“Aisssshh! I’l be your slave okay??” She said making him smirk but he’s facing the other way so she won’t be able to see it.

“You don’t have to if you want.” He said.

“I-I want to repay my debts to you.” She said. Youngjae turned around to face her.

“You should sleep early because there’s a lot of work tomorrow stupid slave.” He smirked and walked away leaving a dumbfounded Miho.

 

 

Meanwhile in Jung’s residence..

 

“Oppa! Where’s the cd I lent you???” A young Daehee asked his brother who were kneeling at the ground.

“Youngjae told me he’ll get it but he’s not answering his phone!” Daehyun whined.

“Excuses oppa. I told you the consequence of not returning my things on time right?” She asked.

“No Daehee-ah. Don’t do this to oppa.” He begged her.

“Miahne oppa. Promises are promises.” She said.

“But promises are meant to be broken.” He muttered to himself but Daehee still heard it.

“Pabo oppa. You have the nerve to say that!” She exclaimed.

“Daehee-ah please! Oppa will buy you a lot of cds just don’t do that. Please, I beg you.” He said kneeling hard.

“Begging won’t work oppa.” She said.

“Daehee-ah please-“

“UMMA!!!! OPPA IS READING WEIRD MAGAZINES() AGAIN!!!!!” Daehee loudly said.

“BWO???” Her mother replied from the other room.

“I SAW HIM READING-“ She was cut off by Daehyun putting his hands on .

“WHERE IS HE??” His mom barged inside his room with a stick on her hand.

“M-Mom I can explain-“

“Where’s that magazine??” She glared at him.

 

Daehee who is still on the arms of her oppa pointed at Daehyun’s bed. Their umma quickly search for it ignoring Daehyun’s protests. She finally found what she’s looking for and glared at her only son.

 

“You’re so gonna get it.” Daehee snickered at Daehyun who gulped.

“DAEHYUN! COME HERE!!” Mrs. Jung hollered at his son who ran the moment his mom took a step towards him.

“AISSHHHH YOUNGJAE WHERE ARE YOU???” He shouted at the top of his lungs while running like his life depended on it.

 

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Fixing chapters: Almost done~