Chapter 32

The genius has fallen

 

Miho's P.O.V.

 

I wake up with an aching head. I looked at the unfamiliar surrounding I'm in. Where am I? I don't remember getting here. I have some scenes in my mind where Hyunah is siting beside me cursing and cursing Youngjae's name while typing something in her phone. I guess it's just a figment of my imagination because sweet Hyuna will never curse like that. Dongho and I had gotten in an argument before bcause he kept on telling me that she's an evil witch which I think is a complete lie. How can someone as sweet as Hyuna be a witch?

 

And I think his negative remarks on her back fired at him because now the two of them seemed to be closer than before, especially after their little date at the amusement park. I giggled thinking about how they argue like a married couple. My daydream was interrupted by someone opening the door. I held my breath in nervousness and fear. What if I'm inside a murderer's house? I don't want to die yet!

 

I heaved a sigh of relief once I saw who it was. "You're finally awake, sleeping beauty." Youngjae grinned at me.

I was supposed to grin back but I suddenly remembered why I choose to drink in the first place.

"Go away. I don't wanna see you." I grumbled and hid beneath the covers.

 

I felt a weight beside me and the covers was suddenly yanked harshly away from me. "Hey-"

"My house. My rules." He smirked and I scowled.

"Then I'll better get going." I made a move to stand up but he pinned me down.

"Get off me!" I said trying my best to get out of his grip. He's hovering above me while pinning my wrists on the either side of my head.

"We need to talk. I won't let you go until we sort our problem out." He said calmly.

I scoffed. "Now you want to talk?" Youngjae frowned.

"I'm not the problem here. You are. Why did you drowned yourself in alcohol last night?" He asked and I think I wanted to cry.

 

 

He thinks I'm the problem?

 

 

"Have it never occured to you that maybe you're the reason why?" I asked trying my best not to cry.

"What?"

"You're the problem, Youngjae. Not me." I told him and he furrowed his eyebrow.

"How did I become the problem here? I'm not the one who drink-"

"This is not about last night!" I finally snapped. How can he be so insensitive?

"I thought you're smart? How can you not figure the problem-our problem out?" I asked emphasizing the word 'our'.

"You're asking why I did that? WHY I GOT DRUNK?It's because I'm frustated. I'm so frustrated, angry, sad, lonely and most of all hurt. You've been neglecting me. I've been trying my best to talk to you or to even get your attention these past few days but I never succeeded."

"What? I'm talking to you in school, aren't I?" He defended.

"Sure, you are. Our conversations didn't even last for a minute and I was always the one who initiated it!"

"I was busy with some things. You know it!"

"Yeah, you were busy with you're childhood friend!" I know I shoudn't be like this but I can't help but feel bitter towards his childhood friend.

"Jihan and I haven't met for years! I can't just leave her be, she's my precious friend!"

"But I'm you're girlfriend!" I said and his expression softened.

"I'm you're girlfriend, Youngjae." I said and this time I can't help but cry.

"I deserve your attention too." I told him while sobbing. He let go of my wrist and put his hands on my face-cradling it.

"Miho-ah..."

"You can't expect me not to feel hurt whenever you disregard me. I don't like it when you only talk to me because I started it. I don't like how you give me one or two word answers. I don't like how you're not there beside me. And I don't like it when you choose you're childhood friend over me, Youngjae." There, I said it. I've been meaning to tell it to him since before.

"I thought you didn't mind.." He said more softly this time while wiping the tears off my face.

"I thought so too. I'm trying to be an understanding girlfriend here. I don't want to make you feel suffocated. I want you to be happy and you seemed happy spending time with her." I said completely aware of the bitterness in my voice.

"Oh Miho-ah..." He lied down beside me and wrapped his arm around my waist. My back on his chest.

"I'm happier with you." He said while nuzzling his nose on my hair.

"It didn't seem like it." I muttered still bitter. His grip on my waist tighten.

"I'm saying the truth. I'm more happy when I'm with you. I love you, Miho." He said and I sobbed once again.

"Stop crying." He said and faced me towards him.

"I can't help it! I love you, too. I don't want you to leave me." I sobbed.

"That's unlikely to happen. You might leave me one day but be assured that I won't. The thought never entered my mind. I love you so much." He said and buried my head on his chest. I continued crying while he continued hugging me, occasionally kissing my hair.

 

After some time, he began to talk. "I'm sorry." I heard him but I kept quiet, urging him to go on.

"I'm really sorry, Miho. I-I was so caught up on reminiscing the old times with Jihan that I forgot about my present and my future. I forgot about you. I'm really sorry." He said sincerely and I can also hear his heart beating fast.

"I'm so stupid. I'm so stupid for not realizing what you're going through. I'm not accustomed to relationships yet because this is the first time I'm in one. You're my first love, Miho. I might be lacking in some aspect but please be patient with me." He said and kissed my hair once again.

"I'm really sorry. Please forgive me, Miho-ah." He said tightening his arms around me.

I look up and met his anxious eyes. "I can't stay mad at you for too long, Youngjae. I love you too much to play hard-to-get." I told him and he chuckled.

"I love you too, always." He said and leaned in.

 

I felt his lips on mine. He started to move his lips and I clumsily respond to his kisses too. Our kiss became intense. He started hovering above me with his lips still connected to mine. I find my way up to his head and my hands gripped his hair softly making him moan. Oh my... Is the airconditioner not working? His hands started caressing the my waist and before things get out of hand he stopped and pulled back.

 

I can see how red his face is and I know my face is the same color as him too. "We should stop." 

He said and I can't help but pout. "Why?"

He chuckled and pinced my cheeks. "What-you want more?" 

He asked with his sly smile and I felt my cheeks flush. "I-I don't!"

I denied but actually I do. I want to continue kissing him. I missed this guy.

"I want to continue kissing you badly but I'm scared that I won't be able to stop." He said.

 

Stop what?

 

I looked at him curiously. He then pulled me into his arms again with my back on his front.

"I need to change your surname to mine, first."

"What does kissing gotta do with my surname?" I asked completely bewildered on the connection of the two.

Eventhough I can't see him I can tell that he's smirking. He placed his lips near my ear and whispered, "If we continued what were doing awhile ago, I'm afrad I might do things only married couples are allowed to do, Miho-ah." He said and that's how I figured things out.

 

 

H-He.. wants t-to do t-that?

 

 

I gulped and I felt my self getting a deep shade of red than before. "Youngjae, you ert!" I turned around and started slapping his arm.

He just laughed, clearly enjoying my flustered face. "What? You're the one asking why!"

"I-I was talking about the kiss! You pabo!" I continued hitting him but he was just laughing.

He suddenly held my wrist stopping my attacks. "It hurts, woman! How barbaric can you get?" He asked, grinning.

"It's because you're a ert!"

"I'm just a man in his teens. The time when hormones-"

"Stop it!" I cutt him off before things get embarassing once again causing him to laugh some more.

"Let's not talk about it anymore, Youngjae!"

"Why?" He asked stiffling his laughter.

"Because it's embarassing!" I whined and he chuckled.

He ruffled my hair and kissed it after. "Whatever you say, baby." He said and got off the bed.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm going to make you breakfast-or should I say lunch, and let you wash up. You still stink from alcohol, Miho-ah." He grinned and I threw him a pillow but he caught it in time.

"If I stink that much then why did you kissed me??"

"Because your I-just-woke-up look is so hot I can't help but kiss you." He said and I felt my blush coming back again.

"I said stopped it!" I said trying to hide my embarassment and he just chuckled.

"I'll be back when lunch is done." He then walked towards the door. Before opening it, he looked back at me.

"You know, I could stay and continue what we were doing earlier than go down. All you have to do is say yes, baby." He said in a sultry voice once again sending shivers down my spine.

"Y-You-"

"Kidding!" He said grinning and went cutting me off before I scold him.

 

 

I chuckled once he was out of sight. I have a silly boyfriend. I shook my head and smiled. That's one of the million things I like about him. I got out of the bed and started stretching. My eyes caught something. It's a picture of Youngjae and me when we were riding the ferris wheel. I smiled and touched his face through the glass frame. I looked around and found other pictures of us scattered around the room. This is when I realized I'm inside Youngjae's room.

 

I continued looking around. He have a shelf full of books with intelligent titles in it. Intelligent as in, scientific or mathematical titles. I continued looking through his shelf trying to find something that interest me when my eyes landed on one. I read the title, it's in english.

 

 

"Bestfriends" 

 

 

I took it out from the shelf and noticed how old it look. It looks like it was over ten years old but it's still in great shape. No dust can be seen. I flipped it open and found a picture of a young looking boy in the first page. It has the caption 'Jae-Jae, my bestfriend.' in it. So this boy is Youngjae. I smiled, he looks so cute! ... even though he's not smiling at the camera.

 

I turned the page and found a cute young girl's smiling picture posted in it. My smile immediately vanished once I heard the caption, 'It's me, Hannie!'. I continued torturing myself by looking at more photos of them, smiling and laughing at each other. They look so comfortable, so relaxed with each other.

 

I made my way towards the last page and my heart sadden at the picture. It's Youngjae and Jihan hugging each other with tears on their eyes. 'Hannie and Jae-Jae cried when it's time for Hannie to go. I don't want to leave Jae-Jae...' They look so devastated letting each other go. How can 4 year olds look this sad?

 

I closed the book and look at the back. It have a message carved in it. It's also in english just like the title.

 

 

"Until we meet again, Jae."

 

 

I carefully put the album back. I suddenly felt bad. Looking at the album made me realize how much of a history they have. They're friends that went way back, even before Youngjae met Daehyun. She's the first friend Youngjae had. It suddenly became understandable how Youngjae treats Jihan. They haven't met each other in years! Of course they missed each other and here I am trying to ruin their bonding time.

 

 

I sighed. I'm so selfish.

 

 

I should stop feling bitter towards Jihan. I should try and be a better understanding girlfriend. I should stop being jealous and trust Youngjae more. That's it. Trust. I should trust him and Jihan. I chuckled feeling stupid on how jealous I am towards Jihan. They're only friends-or rather Bestfriends. 

 

They're just bestfriends. Like how Youngjae and Daehyun are.

 

They're just bestfriends since childhood.

 

Bestfriend who parted with each other.

 

Bestfriends who missed each other.

 

Bestfriend who wanted to spend time with each other.

 

 

 

Bestfriends who can be lovers.

 

 

 

Aigoo~ Where did that came from? I shook my head and chuckled. I'm being silly once again. I sniffed my clothes and scrunched my nose. Youngjae is right. I stink. I should take a shower to cleanse my self. It could also help me clear this unneccessary thoughts out of my mind.

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````