Chapter 4: Meeting each other

The genius has fallen

 

It was raining hard that morning, making the young master grumpier than ever. He hates the rain. I’m sorry I’m wrong, he LOATHEs it. He thinks every drop of it causes him misfortune. He wanted to bury his head on his pillow and sleep until it stops but he remembered that he can’t. He wanted to get the Perfect attendance award so he can’t afford this petty rain ruin his goal.

 

The maids were more cautious than ever because they all know pissing Youngjae in this kind of day is like opening the gates of hell. Youngjae walked down and went towards the dining area with a scowl on his face.

 

“G-Good morning s-sir.” One maid said attempting to lighten up his mood.

Youngjae looked at her. “Are you by any chance blind or does this face the definition of ‘good’ to you?” he scowled at her and began eating his food. *jerk*She thought.

 

They watched as the young master’s face contorted while chewing his food like it’s made of dung. “What kind of moron cooked this food??” he yelled spitting his chewed food and throwing his utensils. “Show your idiotic face now!” he hollered standing up from his seat. The chef, who heard his masters loud violent reaction all the way from the kitchen nervously took of his toque and face his fellow kitchen men. “If I died today, bury my cookbook with me” he said and faces his master’s wrath.

 

The drive to school was silent. The driver ahjussi learned his lesson well and didn’t bother to talk to Youngjae. “Hurry up Driver Moon. I don’t want to be late to school.” The young master said. Driver Moon took a glance at his watch and saw the young master is not gonna be late and in fact will be 30 minutes earlier when they reached school. The driver inwardly rolled his eyes and drove a little faster. “Did you clean your ears earlier? I said faster.” He said. The driver unwillingly obliged and step on the gas pedal. Because of the heavy rain and the speed of the car he drove right into a puddle making an innocent passerby completely soak. “AHHHH!!!!!” a voice shrieked. “OMO!” Driver Moon stopped to help the innocent passerby but remained seated when his master rolled down his windshield and looked out.

 

“That’s your fault. You should know better than to walk in a rainy day.” He said and rolled up his windshield. “Let’s go Driver Moon.” He said while hearing the shrieking voice of the annoyed passerby.

 

At school no one dared to approach Youngjae. Well, no one really dared approach him because of his sarcastic remarks but it’s a little special today. Because they all know Youngjae is not the rain lover type of person. ‘If you want to keep your pride as a human being you should stay away from him on rainy days’ is the famous rule everyone that knows Youngjae knows. He sat down at his usual seat and glared at the skies. *stupid rain* he thought. Why does the boy hate the rain so much anyways? That’s a mystery no one else knows except Youngjae and his bestfriend. But we all know a certain someone who will most definitely not oblige this rule right? If you’re thinking that certain someone is Lee Miho you’re definitely right.

 

The class silenced when Mr. Gu entered. “Class we have a new student. She’s the exchange student from Busan. You can enter now.” He said motioning for the girl outside to enter. A wet Miho entered the class with matching ‘squeak’ on every step she made because of her soaked shoes. The girls and boys of III-A frowned at the sight. *This is so embarrassing.* she thought biting her lower lips.

 

“Come on, introduce yourself.” Mr. Gu said.

“Annyeong Haseyo. Lee Miho-imnida. I’m the exchange student from Busan. Please take care of me.” She said and bowed her head a little too forceful making water from her wet hair went towards the students in the front. *What the heck??* the boy sitting in the middle of the first row looked up from his little nap to find the source of distraction seemingly oblivious to the ‘ewwww’ and ‘gross’ comments from other students in the front row. *She’s the Busan girl!* he exclaimed in his head.

“Err you may seat on the vacant seat at the back.” Mr. Gu said making the other students gasp because the only unoccupied seat in the class is beside the devil prince.  *I hope Youngjae treat her well..* Daehyun thought and immediately shook those thoughts away. *Of course Youngjae won’t. Who am I kidding? Wait. Why do I even care? I barely know the girl! Tsk, it must be because were from the same place. Yeah that’s it.* Daehyun nodded his head in conclusion.

 

Miho walked towards her chair thinking *Why are they looking at me like that? It must be because of my accent! But I tried really hard in speaking in a seoul accent! Waaaahhhh I failed.* She thought sadly not even thinking about the possibility that they’re looking at her like that because of her wet get up and because of being THE YOO YOUNGJAE’S SEATMATE. She got to her place and eyed his seatmate who is frowning at the window. Seeing he won’t even bother to look up at her he seated quietly. *What’s so interesting about the window?* she thought while looking at the window. Without realizing it, she slowly made her way bit by bit near the window making the space between her and her seatmate lessen.

 

*I really hate you rain!* He cursed in his head after minutes of loathing it and turned towards his side then immediately gasped. “OMO!-“ he said shocked at how close this drenched girl is towards his face. “Do you even know personal space?” He asked and scooted away from the girl. “Miahne.” The girl pouted and looked away. “Wait. Who are you and what the heck are you doing sitting beside me?” he asked. “I’m your new seatmate. I’m from Busan. My name is-“ “Whatever.” He quickly cut her off. *Rude.* she thought and looked away but suddenly remembered something.

“You!” she said while pointing at Youngjae who didn’t even bother looking at her.

“Yah! Look at me!” she whined and grabbed his sleeves.

“Tsk, don’t touch me!” he said glaring at the girl but she didn’t even flinch.

“Don’t touch me. You’re making me wet. Do you even know how many germs can be able to be transferred by water? Are you willing to pay my medical bill if ever-“

“This is your fault!” She exclaimed still pointing her finger at him.

“Don’t point your finger at me.” He hissed.

“Say sorry!” She demanded.

“Why would I say sorry?” he asked.

“You’re the bastard inside the car that made me wet!” She said. Youngjae looked at her and realized the situation. *So she’s the idiot.* he thought.

“I won’t say sorry. It’s not my fault.” He casually said.

“Wah. How can you say that??”

“I’m not the one driving the car. I was not the one who controlled it.” He said.

“Why you-“

“and who told you to walk on that place anyways? Is it me? It’s not, right? It’s your stupid instinct you should be blaming not me.” He said.

The girl just stared at him dumbfounded.

“Don’t look at me while drenched like that. Dry up first then you can be allowed to look at me.” He said making the girl boil in anger and look away. *JERK. I HOPE YOU’LL GO BALD!!!!!* She thought and started kicking the air.

“Is anything the matter Lee Miho-ssi?” Mr. Gu eyed her.

“N-Nothing sir.” She said and straightened herself.

“Tsk, stupid.” Youngjae muttered.

“I heard that.” She hissed.

“I know, that’s the point.” He said smirking.

 “I’m starting to hate you.” She said.

“Good for you.” He replied.

“Aisshhhh you-“

“Second warning Ms. Lee. Make it three and you’ll be punished” Mr. Gu eyed her again.

“N-Neh.” She nervously replied and glared at her seatmate one last time.

*AISSHHHH I HATE YOU!!*She yelled in her head.

“Don’t curse me in your head.” He casually said.

Miho stared at him dumbfounded. *How the heck did he know?? Is he a mind reader or something??*

“Yes I am. So if you’re thinking of badmouthing me inside your head you better think again.” He said not bothering to look at her.

Miho just stared at him with mouth open. Not bothering to think about anything because he might know. Youngjae took a peek at her and saw her gaping at him.

*I’m not a mind reader. You’re just too obvious pabo.*he smirked and turned back to loathing the rain outside.