Chapter 8: Groupwork

The genius has fallen

 

The whole school is now used to them always fighting which makes some girls think they have a chance to be with him. They approach him menacingly to have a love-hate relationship with him like Miho does but it always seem to backfire on them.

 

A moment ago some girl attempted to intimidate him.

 

“Yah you think you’re all that because you’re the school’s no. 1? Huh?” She asked him. Youngjae just ignored her but the girl was persistent. He can’t take it anymore so he confronted the girl.

“Don’t talk to me. Don’t even think of going near me. I hate ugly girls and I definitely don’t like socializing with morons.” He said.

“But you’re getting closer to the Busan girl!!! What’s so good about her? She’s not even pretty and she reeks poverty!” She whined.

“That’s not your business. Piss off.” He said hurting the girl’s feelings. The girl can’t stand to pretend anymore and cried while running.

“Tsk, crybabies.” He said while walking towards their classroom.

 

He saw Daehyun sleeping on his desk and smirked *This guy. He just go to school to sleep.* He smirked and made his way to his seat. He noticed the seat beside him is still unoccupied. *Where’s that stupid girl?* He thought and as if on cue Miho came panting hard and immediately sat down.

 

“You’re late stupid girl.” He said.

“Mr. Gu is not here yet so I’m not late.” She said still panting a little.

“Did you run all the way here or something? You look like a mess.” He teased.

“Shut up. I’m not like you who have a chauffeur taking him wherever he goes.” She said.

“I could give you a ride if you want.” Youngjae suddenly blurted making Miho’s eyes wide. *Uh-oh. This clumsy mouth of mine!* Youngjae thought panicking.

“Did you just say you could give me a ride to school?” Miho asked.

“Y-yes... But you should pay for the gas okay?” He said making Miho glare at him while muttering cheapskate.

 

*Whew that was close! What were you thinking Yoo Youngjae?? Are you even thinking at all?? And how in the world could you blurt that out??*Youngjae thought incredulously. *Come to think of it. I’m doing something out of my norm ever since this stupid girl entered my life. I can’t seem to think logically when I’m with her. And I also banter like a moron with her every day. Uggghhh This gotta stop. I should stay away from her before I lose my ability to think.* He concluded.

 

Mr. Gu entered the class and began teaching. Youngjae focused all his attention towards the lecture but from time to time took a peek to his seatmate. She was pouting cutely trying to understand the topic and Youngjae seriously wanted to about it but stopped himself. *Youngjae stop it before you turn into a moron like her.* He thought.

 

Towards the end of Mr. Gu’s lectures he announce that the students should present him presentations of topics he’ll give to them making the students whine.

 

“Don’t worry it will be a group presentation.” Mr. Gu clarified and the students sigh in relief.

 

*Tsk, these idiots who can’t do things by themselves.*Youngjae thought.

 

“Each group will contain a three group members. I’ll pick the first member and he or she will pick the other two. You guys got it?” Mr. Gu asked.

“Neh~” The class replied.

 

Mr. Gu started picking names and slowly the groups of three formed.

 

“Yoo Youngjae.” Mr. Gu called him.

“Pick up your other two members.” He ordered. Youngjae stood up and began.

 

“I’ll pick Jung Daehyun.” He said and Daehyun smiled at him.

 

“Of course he’ll pick Daehyun. But who’s he gonna pick next?” A boy asked his seatmate.

“I hope it’s me.” A girl wished.

“Dream on. It’s gonna be me.” Another girl said making other girls claim it will be them whom Youngjae will pick.

 

*As if I’ll pick them. *Youngjae inwardly rolled his eyes and scanned the room for a possible group mate then he landed his eyes on the girl beside him who was busy thinking of whom she’ll pick.

 

“I choose Lee Miho.” Youngjae announced making Miho look back at him.

“What?? I object!” Miho shouted and stood up.

“You think you have any right to object stupid girl?” Youngjae asked.

“Of course! This is a republic country! People has the right to-“

“shut up and just accept this once in a lifetime opportunity of being in the same group as me.” Youngjae said cutting her off.

“but-“

“Do you seriously think anyone here will pick you?” He asked her making Miho think.

 

*Someone will choose me right?* She thought and began to look at her classmates hoping they’ll choose her.

 

“Who wants me to be in their group?” She asked.

 

She gave the girls smiles but they returned with glares instead, the boys are willing to take her but before they even began to raise their hands Youngjae looked at them with the ‘raise-that-hand-and-I’ll-break-it’ look making them look away.

 

Miho pouted thinking nobody really wants to be in a group with her. *I’m not that bad.. right?* She asked herself.

 

“See? I told you right? Now accept your faith and stop being a drama queen.” Youngjae said and sat down.

“Why did you even choose me? There’s a lot of guys and girls out there.” Miho muttered and sat defeated.

“I don’t get along with any of those barbarians you called boys.” He answered.

“What about the girls?” She asked.

“I prefer morons than flirts.” He smiled making Miho blush and look away.

 

*So he prefers choosing me-Wait a dime minute-*

 

“Yah did you just called me a moron??” She turned towards him and asked incredulously.

“Took you long to realize.” He smirked making the girl boil in anger and looked away while muttering ‘jerk’, ‘hair’, ‘bald’.

 

The boy also looked away and sighed. *So much for avoiding her. I guess me ignoring her will be postponed. You’re such a fail Youngjae.* He thought and sighed again denying there’s a part of him happy she’s his groupmate.

 

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Youngjae's a fail XD

 

Next Chapter Preview:

 

“But I thought..” Zelo pouted.

“Anyways, let’s not be rude and introduce ourselves shall we?” Yongguk grinned.

“Oh not again.” Youngjae whined.

“Shut up and come here Youngjae. You too Daehyun.” He told them and they all lined up facing Miho.

“Hana, dul, set. URI B.A.P.! YES SIR! Annyeong Haseyo B.A.P. imnida.” They all said and bowed.