Chapter 30

The genius has fallen

 

Youngjae's P.O.V.

 

Me and Miho are strolling here in gangnam. That weirdo is so addicted to Psy's Gangnam style and wanted to make a parody out of it. She even wanted me to join her! There's no way in hell I'm going to embarass myself like that. It's a good thing that I convinced her to just stroll like normal people here in Gangnam. 

 

"Oppa gangnam style. Gangnam style~" I heard Miho sing beside me. We're sharing her earphones and we've been listening to this song for what it feels like an eternity. Goodness, the only thing kept me from yanking her phone from her, throwing it on the ground and stomping on it till it break is the fact that I'm holding her hands.

 

"eyyyyyyyyyyy y Ladyyyyyy~" She sang once more. The people we passed by are giving us weird looks. Damn, this is embarassing. She better be thankful I love her, tsk.

"Hey." I squeazed her hand and she looked at me.

"Hmmh?" 

"Can you change the song? It's not like you don't have any other song besides 'Gangnam style' right?" I asked her and she pouted.

"But Youngjae I like this one. I don't wanna change it." She whined and I sighed, defeated.

"Alright. Aren't you hungry yet? Wanna grab something to eat?" I asked her and she nodded while stopping her music and gently taking the earphones out of our ears. I sighed in relief. I thought she's going to make me listen to it all day. Anymore of Gangnam style and I will snap. She neatly placed her phone and earphones inside her bag and took my arm. 

"Let's go."

 

We walked further then took notice of starbucks on a corner. I grabbed the door handle and let her walk in first but immediately regretted it once I heard the song they're playing.

"Wow, they're playing Gangnam style!" She excitedly said and dragged my hand towards a vacant table. We sat down while I'm massaging my temple. Calm down, Youngjae. Calm down. How can I freaking make it stop?! Then an imaginary lightbulb on my head lit up.

 

I have an idea.

 

Miho's P.O.V.

 

"Sit here. I'm going to order our foods." Youngjae told me and stood up.

"Don't you want me to help you?" I asked and he shook his head.

"I can manage. I know what you want. Just stay here." He said with determination in his eyes. I didn't know Youngjae like ordering food this much. I should let him do the ordering whenever we go out.

"Okay." I told him and he carry on.

 

I bobbed my head while listening to the music. It's Gangnam style by Psy. I really like this song! It gives off this happy feeling that makes you just bob your head and tap your foot whenever you heard it play. To prove that I really like this song, I've been playing it on my phone the whole day! I can see that Youngjae is getting pissed already but I can't help it. I really like this song.

 

I was enjoying listening to it but it was suddenly changed into another song. I don't recognized the song but I can hear the satoori (dialect) spoken in the rap. I saw Youngjae coming with our orders on hand and a visible wide grin on his face. He placed our foods neatly and sat down with a sigh of satisfaction coming out of his mouth.

 

"This is more I like it." He grinned and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"What did you do?"

"I didn't do anything." He shrugged.

"You changed the song didn't you!" I pointed my finger on him.

"Hey don't point your finger at me. I didn't changed the song."

"You did!"

"Technically, it was the staff who changed the song not me." He defended. Tsk, smartass Youngjae is really irritating!

"You should give other song a chance! No Mercy is also a good song if you hear it properly." He told me. Ah so, this song is called No Mercy.

"But I like Gangnam style.. Anyways, how did you even managed to change the song?" Did he bribed the staffs??

"I just persuaded them. Youngjae style~" He sing and laughed.

"Tsk." I scoffed and decided to eat my food since my stomach is begging for it. 

 

We were eating with comfortable silence enveloping us when it was broken by someone. "Youngjae? Is that you?" I looked up and saw a very pretty woman who looked around our age, looking at Youngjae.

tumblr_m8bruwyVdE1r6tj5mo1_500.jpg

I looked at Youngjae and he seemed surprise. "Honey?" He asked. Oh so he know her...

 

Wait a minute. 

 

Did he just called her honey?!

 

The girl chuckled. "It's me! How are you jae?" Jae?? Are they that close?

"I'm fine. Sit down." He said and motioned her to seat beside him. And that's how she noticed my presence.

"Uhm Jae.. who is she?" She asked. Youngjae looked at me, took my hand and smiled.

"She's my girlfriend. Her name's Miho. Lee Miho." He introduced me. I made a small bow and smile.

"Nice meeting you." I offered and my hand and she took it.

"Hi. Youngjae's.... girlfriend. My name is Song Jihan. I'm his childhood friend." She introduced herself. Ah! So it's not 'Honey' it's 'Hannie', her nickname. I smiled and took my hand back.

 

Why do I feel like she gripped on it too tight?

 

"When did you come back? And why didn't you tell me?" I heard Youngjae asked.

"Just now. And I plan it to be a surprise."

"Well, I'm definitely surprised." He chuckled.

 

The two of them talked more leaving me sipping my drink quietly. I'm thankful Youngjae still makes effort to keep me in their conversation but I can't help but feel like a third wheel here. And sitting across from them, who were sitting beside each other didn't help either. I never saw Youngjae talk animatedly like this with anyone besides me and the B.A.P. members, oh and Daehee too. I don't know why but the feelings I experienced with Hyuna while we were at the amusement park are coming back again.

 

I shouldn't feel jealous. She's his childhood friend. They haven't seen each other in a long time. I should be a understanding girlfriend. I don't want him to break up with me because I'm too naggy and always jealous. I should understand the situation well before reacting. Yep, that's how a good girlfriend should do.

 

I looked at my watch and noticed that it's getting late. We should go home. But I feel bad ruining their conversation. Youngjae noticed me and asked me what's wrong.

 

"I think it's getting late. I should go home." I told him.

"Okay. Let me send you home."

"No! It's okay. You should stay with your friend and catch up." I smiled at him.

"No. It's okay. She'll be staying here for a while anyway. There's a lot of time for catching up." He said standing up. I felt guilty cutting their conversation short. I looked at Song Jihan, who were also looking at me with something unreadable on her eyes but it quickly turned into a happy one. 

"It's okay, Miho-ssi. Boyfriends should send their girlfriends home." She said. Hmmh, this girl is kind. I shouldn't feel negative about her! 

"Thank you." I told her.

"Do you want to come with us? I can send you home after I send her." Youngae asked her but she just shook her head.

"It's okay. I'm still hungry anyways. I'll just eat here more." She said and Youngjae chuckled.

"Pig. Arasso. We're going now. After you take a rest, go meet mom and dad directly. They missed you alot." He told her and she nodded. Wow, she's even close to his parents?

"I will. Bye Jae. Bye Miho-ssi!" She did a small waved and I waved back.

"Bye Jihan-ssi." I told her then Youngjae and I went out.

"I think she's nice." I told him and he nodded.

"She is and I think you guys will get along with each other well." He told me and smiled. 

I smiled back at him. "I hope so."

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````