Chapter 20: The genius has fallen

The genius has fallen

 

Youngjae heard it all. He heard the pitiful story of Miho’s best friend. He felt sorry even though the guy irritates him. He also admired the guy’s dedication towards his family.

 

*Who knew the guy had it in him?*He thought still listening towards the two’s conversation. He knew eavesdropping was bad. He knew Miho will kill him if she knew but he still did it. He eavesdropped on their conversation.

 

*I can’t help it! And it’s not like I’m hearing a major secret here.*He told himself.

 

*I better stop now before I get caught. I don’t want to be skinned alive by that barbarian.*He shivered thinking of Miho’s wrath. He was about to walk away but stopped when he saw a coin on the floor.

 

*Must be my lucky day.*He snickered and bent down to get it.

 

“Marry me.” He heard Dongho said. He froze.

 

*Did I hear it right?*He said and stood up, going near the door of the balcony.

 

“Come again?” He heard Miho’s voice ask Dongho.

 

*I hope I heard it wrong.*He chanted inside his head. His hopes broke down into pieces when Dongho repeated himself.

 

“I said Marry me. Marry me Lee Miho.” He didn’t know why but all the admiration he had for the guy instantly vanished and replaced by hate and anger.

 

*How dare he ask her that??*He thought angrily. Not bothering to hear Miho’s response he opened the door angrily and marched his way towards the two.

 

“W-what are you doing here?” He heard Miho ask but he did not bother looking at her. He focused his glare towards Dongho who is also shock seeing him suddenly show up like that.

 

*Listen well and hard you hateful human.*He glared at the boy with so much hate.

 

“She will never marry you.” He spat and dragged the girl away.

 

“I knew that guy will interfere.” Dongho chuckled and sighed.

 

. . . . . . . . . . . .

 

“Yah where are we going??” She asked Youngjae who kept on dragging her.

“Yah!” She snatched her arm back making Youngjae stopped on his track.

“Where are we?” He asked her.

“I don’t know. You’re the one who dragged me here!” She said making Youngjae look away.

“Why did you even drag me in the first place?” She asked him while caressing her sore arm.

“Yah I’m asking you.” She said waiting for Youngjae’s answer but the boy just kept looking at somewhere else.

“Yah!” She kept on tugging his sleeves waiting for an answer. The boy finally got pissed at the girl’s constant pleas so he turned towards her.

“I don’t know!” He exploded.

“I don’t ing know!!! All I know is when I heard him ask you that marry me all the senses I have suddenly vanished and I just found myself walking towards you!!” He snapped at her.

 

Miho just kept quiet seeing for the first time how Youngjae blow up. Youngjae looked at her like he’s finding the answer out of her.

 

“You don’t know how crappy I’m feeling right now. I don’t even know why I feel like crap!!” He continued.

“Youngjae…” Miho went closer to him but he stepped back.

“My head seriously hurt every time I think of the emotions I felt towards you and I hate it. What are you doing to me?” He asked her.

 

Miho was silent. She doesn’t know what to say. It’s the first time Youngjae talked to her like that. It’s also the first time she saw Youngjae looking this pained. She doesn’t know what to do. She wants real badly to comfort him but how? Will he be okay if she pats his back, if she says something or if she hugs him? As to his question, how can she answer that if she doesn’t know the answer?

 

Seeing Miho’s confuse look on her face made Youngjae sigh and give up. He won’t be getting his answers anytime soon.

 

“Forget it. Go back to the party.” He said and turned his back at her.

“Youngjae…” Miho went closer again to him but stopped when he stepped away again.

“I want to be alone.” He said still not facing her. Seeing that Youngjae don’t want to talk to her anymore she decided to give him the silence he needed.

“I’ll be going first.” She said and walked away.

 

“Damn, I sure am an idiot.” Youngjae chuckled with no sense of amusement in his voice.

 

. . . .  . . . . . . . .

 

After the grand ball Daehyun can’t help but feel the gloomy atmosphere shared by the two. The class was awfully quiet without the two bickering. Whenever he and Youngjae were alone he always hear him sigh to himself.

 

The two are now in Youngjae’s home. Daehyun decided to cheer his best friend up by watching movies with him as prescribed by Yongguk. ‘I’m always cheered up by the supply of violence in this movie’ he remembered his hyung telling him. Halfway throughout the movie he can’t help but see that Youngjae is not paying attention at all. His mind is somewhere else and Daehyun can’t stand how lonely, hurt and sad Youngjae’s eyes are.

 

“Let’s not watch this crappy movie anymore.” Daehyun said turning the dvd player off.

“Let’s just talk to each other instead.” He smiled. The latter smiled a half smile at him.

“You know that Zelo? I swear I’ll teach him a lesson these days. How dare he take Daehee out on a date yesterday!! Who knew those kids had it in them?” He asked thinking about the two.

 

He kept on talking and talking about things mainly how to strangle Zelo but Youngjae was not even listening. He just kept on sighing and sighing while looking at nowhere in particular. Daehyun got pissed so he decided to confront his bestfriend.

 

“Yah what the heck’s happening to you man??” He asked Youngjae while shooking his shoulder.

“What? I’m still the same.” Youngjae lamely said.

“Same my . You’ve been sighing and sighing every freaking minute it’s driving me insane! You’ve been like that ever since the ball. Did something happen between you and Miho?” He asked and by the mention of her name Youngjae’s brows furrowed.

“Why do you have to do that?” He asked her.

“Do what?”

“Say her name!! I’ve been trying to forget her! I was doing fine! Why do you have to mess that up by saying her name?? Why??” He snapped at him.

 

Daehyun knew better than to provoke him further so he just sat quietly letting his bestfriend lose on his own thoughts. If he’s ready he’ll tell his problems to him himself and if that time comes he’ll be there to support him.

 

. . . . . . . . . . .. . .. . … .

 

Daehyun and Youngjae are sitting quietly at a table near the window inside the library. They are studying for their upcoming exams well to tell the truth Daehyun was the only one studying because Youngjae still can’t seem to straighten up his mind.

 

Youngjae looked at his friend across the table. He’s wearing his famous mask again. Youngjae can’t help but feel guilty. Daehyun never wear his mask when it’s only the two of them because they always talk to each other and wearing a mask will be a hindrance. Now, Youngjae realized that the two of them haven’t really talked with each other for a while now. He may be physically present when with him but they both knew that his mind is somewhere off.

 

Youngjae can’t thank Daehyun enough for staying by his side even though he’s been a bad friend these past few days. He felt really lucky having a friend like him so he decided to finally tell him what’s bothering him since Daehyun didn’t probe in further.

 

"Daehyun.." He said gaining his attention.

"Hmmh?"

"I-I'm confused and you know I don't like being confused." The masked boy just stare at his friend wondering what makes this genius confuse. Is it another math problem?

"I have this uhmmm problem in my mind.." His friend said.

 

*I know.*He thought but decided to feign ignorance.

 

"If you're confused just search it on books or the internet." He said rolling his eyes.

"I did! But I don't like the answers. It's making me more confuse!" His bestfriend whined.

"Youngjae.." He sighed.

"We both know your smarter than me so if you don't know something how the hell would I suppose to know it?" He said and Youngjae just sighed.

 

The young boy looked at his friend's expression and it hurts him how he looks like so.. lost. It makes him curious unto what made his friend, the smartest high school student in Korea, the so called 'BRAIN' of their group, this confused.

 

*How can he, of all people can't get an answer out of something?* To satisfy his curiosity he finally asked him.

 

"What is that problem anyways? I think I might help." *Oh who am I kidding? Of course I can't.*

"This problem is so petty I think you'll laugh at me." His friend shyly said.

"I won't. Just tell me." He said. Youngjae sighed and begin.

"There's this girl.. I miss her when I'm not with her...when I'm not with her all I do is think about her...when I think about her I just want to be with her....and when I'm with her it's like all of my dreams have come true. Tell me, is this normal? or I'm beginning to become an idiot?" His friend seriously asked.

 

Daehyun just looked at him and had a knowing look on his face. *I knew it.*

 

"Finally." He smiled.

"Finally what?" Youngjae asked.

"I thought this will never happen." The masked boy snickered.

"What finally happened??" The impatient Youngjae hissed.

 

Daehyun smirked and the words that came out from his mouth mad Youngjae unable to talk for days.

 

"The genius has fallen."

 

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Author: waaahhhhhh~ it's EXO's SHOWCASE in China but here I am... looking at the pitures with envy huhu TT_TT KRIS~!!!!

Youngjae: Yah stupid author, I'm the lead here yet you drool at Kris like that? Shame on you

Author: Shut up Youngjae you already have Miho anyways!! >___<

Youngjae: W-Whatever *Blushes* >____>