Chapter 24: First date

The genius has fallen

 

Miho was waiting patiently inside a café. She’s waiting for Youngjae to arrive.

 

*Do I look okay? Why the heck are they staring at me like that?* She thought feeling paranoid at the way the boy’s inside the shop look at her.

 

Little does she know, the boy’s are looking at her because of how cute she looks. She’s wearing a cute pink dress with a white cardigan and matching white shoes. Overall, she looks pretty enough to attract most of the male population’s attention.

 

“Hi, would you like to place an order?” A husky voice asked her. She looked up and saw a very tall looking man smiling at her with a ball pen and notepad on his hands.

 

Miho can’t help but stare at the guy. He’s quite cute. He’s eyes are pretty and his smile is dashing.

 

“Hey snap out of it.” A grumpy voice brought her back to reality.

 

She looked across from her and saw Youngjae already sitting with his arms across his chest and an accusing look on his face that says ‘you’re-dead’. Miho blushed embarrassed that he has seen that.

 

“I’ll get a mocha frappe.” Youngjae told the boy without taking his eyes off Miho.

“Alright. What about you ma’am-“

“She’ll have the same.” He cut him off.

“Okay… I’ll be back with your orders.” The boys smiled an awkward smile sensing the atmosphere and walked away.

 

Miho took a peak at Youngjae and immediately went back to looking at nonsensical when she saw that he’s still looking at her.

 

*Wait a minute. Why am I feeling guilty? He’s the one who’s late!* She thought and decided to bravely face him.

 

“Why are you late? I thought you vale time the most.” She said.

“I did some important things first.” He said still looking at her.

“Why are you looking at me l-like that?” She asked.

“Tsk, we just got together yesterday and you’re already cheating at me?”

“Wha-I’m not cheating on you!” She said a little too loud making the other customers look at them.

“Go on and shout it to the world.” He said making Miho flush red in embarrassment.

“I-I was not cheating on you. I only find that guy cute.” She said making Youngjae’s eyebrows twitch.

“Did you see his hair? It’s not even properly combed.” Youngjae said grimacing.

“It still looks cute…” She muttered but then realized something.

“Hey… Don’t tell me. You’re jealous aren’t you?” She asked smiling. This time its Youngjae’s turn to blush.

“Don’t spout nonsense. That type of guy is nowhere near my level.” He scoffed.

“Come on. It’s okay to be jealous.” She teased. Youngjae glared at her and was about to retort back when the waiter earlier came holding a tray with their orders on it.

“Here’s your order ma’am.” He said and handled Miho’s order with a smile making Miho shyly say her thanks.

 

*This twerp…* Youngjae scowled seeing the scene.

 

“And here’s yours sir.” The waiter handed him his drink.

“Go. Don’t interrupt my date.” He said harshly.

“Youngjae!” Miho scolded him but he just rolled his eyes.

“It’s okay ma’am.” The waiter smiled.

“I’m sorry he’s just jealous.” She told him making Youngjae’s eyes widen. The waiter just chuckled and walked away.

 

Miho sipped her drink and sensed that Youngja is looking at her. “What?”

 

“For your information, I am not jealous.” He said seriously.

“Okay geez.” Miho said feeling a bit sad. She pouted and continued sipping her drink avoiding Youngjae’s gaze.

“All my life I’ve never been jealous.” He continued.

“Do you really have to rub it on me-“

“Until now.” He said cutting off Miho.

“…what?”

“I’ve never been jealous…until now.” He admitted, his ears getting red.

“I thought that guys who get jealous are weak. Now I know it’s only normal and acceptable.” He said and took her hands on his.

“I don’t like how you get close to other guys. And how dare you find other guys beside me cute?” He accused playfully.

 

Miho just chuckled seeing a new side to Youngjae. Their sweet moment was interrupted when someone sat beside Miho. They looked at the person and Youngja’s smile immediately vanished.

 

“What are you doing here Kim Hyubin?” He glared at her.

 

*F#CK he doesn’t even remembers my name?? I thought he’s smart??* She thought angrily.

 

“My name is Kim Hyuna, Youngjae-ssi.” She smiled a fake smile.

“What are you doing here Hyuna?” Miho asked.

“I was stood up by my date.” She faked a sniffle.

“So?” Youngjae rudely asked.

“Youngjae!” Miho scolded him.

“Don’t Miho-ah. He’s right to be angry. I’m bothering your date anyways. It’s just that..that I’m too sad right now.” She faked her cries and leaned on Miho’s shoulder.

“I really liked that guy. I even woke up early to doll up but he just stood me up.” She said sadly.

 

*I kinda know why. You’re a pain in the a$$* Youngjae thought glaring at her.

 

“Awww you poor thing.” Miho said and hugged her. She was feeling sad too.

“And what do you want us to do? Cry with you?” Youngjae sarcastically asked.

“Youngjae can’t you see she’s crying?” Miho hissed.

“I should go Miho-ah.” She said and stood up.

“I’m sorry to bother you Youngjae-ssi.” She said and looked at Youngjae sadly.

 

*Ugly.* Youngjae decided to keep his mouth shut, afraid that Miho will get angry at him again.

 

“I’m really sorry.” Hyuna sniffed and slowly turned to go.

“Wait!” Miho called her. Hyuna smirked before facing her with her sad face on.

“What is it Miho-ah?” She asked still faking sadness.

 

Miho was too kind to notice Hyuna was faking it while Youngjae is too irritated to pay attention to Hyuna’s scheme.

 

“You can stay with us if you want to.” She offered.

“WHAT??” Youngjae stood up from his seat.

“Are you kidding me??” He asked Miho.

“Can’t you see how sad she is? She’s my friend and friends are supposed to help each other right?” She asked innocently.

“Since when did you guys even become friends?” He asked.

“Just let her come with us. Please.” She gave him her puppy eyes.

“Damn.” He muttered and sat down completely helpless to Miho’s aegyo.

“Yehey! Come here hyuna.” She motioned Hyuna to come and seat beside her.

“I don’t think I’m welcome here.” Hyuna said and took a glance at Youngjae who just ignored her.

“Don’t worry about him.” Miho assured her.

“Thank you. You’re so kind Miho-ah.” Hyuna faked a cry again.

“Aww don’t cry.” Miho said and hugged her.

 

*Stupid girl.* Hyuna hide her smirk.

*Let’s see if you’ll enjoy you first date.* She thought and smiled evilly before letting go of Miho.

 

“Thank you again Youngjae-ssi.” She gave him her cutest smile but the latter didn’t even bother looking. Miho kicked Youngjae’s feet.

“What was that for??” He asked.

“Hyuna is talking to you Youngjae. It’s common sense to answer back.” She hissed.

“What do you want me to say? You’re welcome and thank you too for ruining our date?” He asked earning a kick from Miho again.

“It’s okay Miho-ah.” Hyuna said and smiled at her but that didn’t stop the two from bickering with each other.

 

*Are they always like this?* Hyuna thought seeing the two argue.

 

The two stopped arguing when a voice greeted them. They all looked up and saw a dashing young man in his casual clothes. Miho smiled and greeted him excitedly while Youngjae frown. But Youngjae’s frown is nothing to what Hyuna’s face is showing right now. It’s a mixture of surprise, hate and irritation.

 

*What is this psycho doing here??* She thought irritated.

 

“What are you doing here dongho?” Miho asked.

“I’m here for a date.” He said.

 

*Poor girl. She has a psycho as her date.* Hyuna thought and snickered.

 

“Don’t tell me you’re also stood up?” Youngjae asked irritation clear in his voice.

“At first I thought I was but then I saw her here.” Dongho answered.

“Really? Where is she?” Miho asked and looked around the place.

“You’re going to hurt your neck.” Dongho chukled and stopped Miho from looking too hard.

“I just want to see her.” Miho pouted. Dongho chuckled before looking at Hyuna with a bright smile on his face. Hyuna looked back at him and can’t help but blush.

 

*W-Why is he looking at me like that?* She thought.

 

“I’m sorry I’m late. Have you waited long?” Dongho asked her making the rest of the guys including Hyuna widen their eyes.

“She is your date?” Youngjae asked.

 

Hyuna glared at him for a nanosecond. *Why do I feel offended?*

 

“Waah I can’t believe you guys are dating!” Miho squealed.

 

*Me too.* Hyuna thought and glared at Dongho who just smiled sweetly at her.

 

“So he’s the guy you’re talking about? The guy you said you like so much?” Miho .

“N-Neh.” Hyuna smiled and awkward smile.

 

*Why on earth did I say those things in the first place??* She thought.

 

“Now that you finally found your date can you please disappear from our sight now?” Youngjae impatiently asked.

“We will.” Dongho turned to grab Hyuna’s wrist and drag her away.

 

*No! No! I can’t let this chance go to waste!* Hyuna thought and tried to pry off Dongho’s grip but Dongho was too strong.

 

“Yah what are you doing??” She hissed at Dongho quietly.

“Saving Miho from an evil witch.” He replied.

 

The two of them was about to go out of the café when Miho stopped them.

 

“Wait!” They turned to look at her curiously.

“I have an idea!” She excitedly announced.

 

*I have a bad feeling about this.* Youngjae thought but let Miho get her way.

 

“What is it Miho?” Dongho asked. Miho giggled before answering him.

“Let’s go on a double date!” She announced happily. Youngjae face palmed himself too annoyed to think about a comeback.

 

“That’s a great idea!” Hyuna happily said making Miho giggle happily too.

 

*Great idea indeed.* She thought and smirked at the annoyed Dongho.

 

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Thank you for subscribing guys~

Don't forget to leave a comment :)

P.S. the cute waiter is Chanyeol of EXO-K :D