007

I Want To Look At You

The Kangsan boss was holding an unopened bottle of champagne as she headed for the hotel’s secluded garden when she noticed a familiar silhouette heading for the parking lot. Her brows rose briefly as she contemplated over calling him.

Hana made her way around the azalea bushes as the male walked towards the parked Murcielago.

“Jaehyun-ah, wait.” She called out; the male glanced back.

“Noona,” He smiled at her.

“You’re leaving already? Take this back.” She said as she took off his jacket, Jaehyun paused, his eyes widened.

“Noona, it’s okay. You’re going to~”

“I’m going to be okay. This is yours.” Hana handed the piece of clothing to him, Jaehyun nodded back and took it from her.

“I was going to use this,” Jaehyun begun, Hana paused at his words.

“Huh?” She blurted out as she clutched on the bottle of champagne tightly.

“I was going to use this as a reason to see you again. Because knowing you, you would have this dry-cleaned and you’d personally return this to me.” Jaehyun said, his dimpled smile appearing for a few seconds.

“I—I didn’t~”

“It’s okay, noona. I can come by and see you, right?”

“S—Sure, give me a call if you’re around the area.” She said quickly, Jaehyun nodded, he leaned over to push her hair away from her face before giving her a small wave.

“I’ll get going then.”

Hana nodded back and watched as the car sped away from the property, she let out a breath and turned towards the pool.

Hana was chewing on the insides of her cheeks as she reached Rowoon, he was seated on one of the outdoor lounge seats. The look on his face was unfathomable, but she knew something was bothering him.

“Do you want to talk about it?” She asked as she attempted to open the bottle, he looked up and stretched his hand to her.

Hana gave the bottle to him before taking a seat on one of the giant bean bags. Rowoon poured a glass for himself, he looked at the girl and she nodded back.

“Are you okay?” Hana asked as she reached for her glass.

“I…I just wanted for us to say hi. But, she seems to have gotten angry with me.” Rowoon said carefully, Hana looked at him, hearing the edge in his voice.

“To your parents?

Rowoon nodded and finished his glass, Hana took a small sip before standing up, she took off her heels before plopping down beside him.

“I don’t understand, did I do something bad?” Rowoon turned his head to her, Hana pursed her lips and leaned back.

“Is it too soon?” He continued; Hana’s forehead creased.

“Two years.” She replied while stretching her legs before her.

“You’ve been together for two years. It’s not too soon, Rowoon-ah.” Hana murmured, she put glass away and faced him.

“I don’t understand why she’s uncomfortable about meeting your parents. I’m sorry to say this, but it seems…insensitive of her.” She stated, Rowoon halted, his brows going up.

“However, I’m sure she has her reasons.” Hana trailed off, Rowoon turned his head to her, his forehead creased for a moment. Hana sighed before speaking again.

“I’m just worried about you. And, I don’t understand why Jihye would get angry just because you want to introduce her to auntie and uncle.”

“Do you think I scared her off?” Rowoon spoke as he tugged on the hem of her dress which had hiked up to her thighs.

“If you have, she wouldn’t have come here. This is a family event, just like Changmin oppa said.”

“Maybe you should talk to her about this, I’m usually of no help when it comes to these things.” She said as she stood up, Rowoon sighed and took hold of her arm.

Hana faced him and she broke into a small smile.

“It’s eating you inside, huh?” She asked.

“Okay, not helping.”

She started to chuckle, Rowoon shook his head at her before pulling Hana towards him. Her brows furrowed together as he slowly wrapped his arms around her waist.

“I am worried, Han.” He said softly as he pressed his forehead against her stomach. Hana frowned before gently patting his head.

 

 

 

Chani was making some coffee when he heard his sister’s footsteps from the kitchen’s doorway.

“Noona, should I make you a cup?” He asked as he faced her.

“Yes, please.” She said as she put her Hermes purse on the counter. Chani noticed the crease on her forehead and he tilted his head.

“I just realized something,” She spoke, the younger male nodded for her to continue.

“Jihye walked out on Rowoon last night. Because, it seems like she didn’t want to be introduced to his parents.”

“Really?” Chani replied.

“That made Rowoon feel bad and he thinks that it’s his fault that she’s upset. But, why? Why does he have to feel bad? What is so wrong about saying hi?” She had one palm pressed against her chest, Chani blinked, seeing his sister so worked up in the morning was amusing.

“This is coming from you. You always take hyung’s side, noona.” He chuckled as he poured her a cup of coffee.

“Then, would you run away if Eunjung introduces you to her parents? I did not raise you that way.”

Chani grimaced as he offered her some milk.

“Don’t you have the BOD meeting today? Is this because of that?”

Hana paused, her grip on the coffee mug tightened. Chani looked away, and he chewed on his lip.

“Do you need me to be there, noona?”

“No, no.” Hana walked to him and playfully mussed his hair.

“Noona can handle it.”

“But this is the first time I’m hearing you talking negatively about Jihye noona” He said as he grabbed his backpack and car keys.

“It must be the meeting. It’s stressing me out.” She murmured as she took another sip of her coffee, Chani looked at and he sighed.

“Noona, you don’t have to handle this alone. I can~”

“No, you have school. Focus on school.” Hana said firmly, Chani nodded back before kissing his sister’s cheek.

“I’ll get going then, noona. Call me if something happens.” He said, Hana watched as his brother exited the home through the garage. Moments later, the white AMG65 was speeding away from the property.

Hana put the cup down and leaned against the counter, she glanced at her phone and realized that her secretary was calling.

The girl sighed, she tossed her phone into her purse and made her way out of the house.

 

 

 

Jihye peeled her gaze from her laptop as she heard doors of her office open, her brows rose when she saw Rowoon.

“Hey, are you busy?” He had coffee with him, the girl shook her head before leaving her seat.

“Not really. Good morning.” She said as she walked towards him, Rowoon nodded back, Jihye took the drinks from him and gestured for him to take a seat.

“Jihye-ah, about last night, I’m sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable.”

“Rowoon-ah, I…I know you think that it’s not a big deal, but meeting your parents is a bit…It’s a bit too much for me.” She spoke, Rowoon nodded back.

“I’m glad that you’re willing to introduce me to them, but, I just think…The circle you move around has always made me uncomfortable. Sometimes, I don’t even know why we’re still together.”

“W—What do you mean?” Rowoon met her gaze worriedly, Jihye her lips and clasped her hands together.

“Rowoon, you and I we live in different worlds.”

“Jihye, what~”

“I just think it’s better if we keep our relationship in the low. I mean, we’re happy, right?” She said as she reached for his hand. Rowoon’s forehead creased but he nodded back at her.

“Thank you for brining coffee, I am in need of caffeine.” She smiled before leaning over to kiss his cheek.

“S—Sure, you’re welcome.”

“What are your plans for today?” Jihye asked as she went back to her desk, Rowoon exhaled before replying.

“I have a meeting this afternoon. Chanyeol hyung asked if I could watch over Geon this weekend.”

“Is he going to be out of town?” She asked as she sat down, Rowoon checked the time on his phone.

“Probably. Are you busy?”

Jihye sheepishly peered over from her laptop.

“A bit. But, you don’t have to leave. I like having you around.”

 

 

 

The doors were pushed open and the young Kang walked into the room, the rest of the directors stood up to greet her politely.

“Good morning,” She said courteously before taking her seat.

“Good morning, vice chairman.” One of the directors said, she smiled before settling down, her eyes scanned the room and she saw her aunt’s husband chatting with some of the directors.

“This was suddenly called, vice chairman. Do you have any idea why?”

“Of course, Hana would know why.” A voice intervened; secretary Gu looked up from his seat behind his boss.

“This kid has eyes and ears around us.” Her uncle, Kim Moonho, chuckled playfully, Hana met his gaze evenly.

“I don’t have a clue why this meeting was called; I simply received an email.” She said to the male across her, the latter nodded back.

“But, you’re a little late today. Did you have a hard time picking out which pair of high heels to wear?” Director Kim continued is his slightly teasing tone.

“I can be late today because I am the highest-ranking company official in the room, and, I still have ten minutes to spare, director Kim.” She answered, the room grew silent.

“You’re going to use that card again, really? In front of all these people?”

“For an outsider, you’re getting brave.” Hana said with a cheerful smile, her secretary looked down to hide his smile as the man grew red at her words.

“This is the exact reason why~”

The doors opened, Hana was confused to see her grandmother’s lawyer walk in, she didn’t stand as the male stood by Chairman Kang’s seat.

“I’m sure everyone was expecting for the chairman to be here, but she sadly sends her apologies.”

Hana crossed her arms, her forehead creasing.

“Rest assured, the chairman is resting nicely. She regrets that she cannot be here today since she was the one who called this meeting.” The lawyer continued, he asked for everyone to take their seats. Hana her lips and glanced at her secretary, she raised one brow at him.

“I didn’t know, vice chairman.” He mouthed back; Hana faced front again.

“I came here because she has something she wants to announce,”

There was a soft murmur from the room, Hana leaned back on her seat and softly drummed her fingers on her lap. She suddenly grew anxious, it had been days since she last called her grandmother, she wanted to visit her but the elder insisted that there was no need to. Like most Kang women, the chairman was stubborn as hell. Hana let out a shaky breath.

Halmae’s okay.

She should be okay.

“The chairman has expressed her wish to retire.” The lawyer stated, Hana’s eyes widened, stunned.

“The chairman?” One of the directors blurted out.

“She wishes to completely let go of her hold in the company, as of the moment she is in contemplation on who will be the taking her position.”

“Surely, the chairman would not choose this child over here.” Director Kim voiced out; all the eyes went to Hana.

“I mean, look at her. She’s a child still. She enjoys going out, being seen by the public eye and she can be a little reckless too. Don’t you think so, directors?” He hummed; Hana turned to the lawyer.

“H—Halmae’s okay, right?” She asked softly, the male nodded back.

“She’s in perfect health, young miss.”

Hana let out a big sigh of relief, the male smiled at her.

“We should really take this seriously; vice chairman Kang is too young for that position.” Her uncle went on, the other executives were whispering to each other.

Hana faced the room again, her eyes zeroed on her uncle as she bit on the inside of her cheek.

“This young lady can’t even come on time for a meeting. All she does is sit pretty and let people do the work for her!”

Hana slowly stood up, and everyone stopped moving. The Kang family lawyer watched in amusement; the granddaughter had the same aura as her grandmother.

“Are you suggesting that you should be the chairman?” Hana said bluntly, the elder paused, his gaze faltering.

“I am only saying that the board should at least have a say in the chairman’s decision, vice chairman.” He replied curtly.

Hana’s lips curled up and she shrugged at him.

“Then let the board speak, not your greed.” She stated before leaving the office, her secretary scrambled after her.

“Vice chairman~”

“It’s going to start now.” Hana said as they walked towards the elevator, the male paused at her words.

“It’s been released to the media, ma’am.”

“I know, that’s something my grandmother would do.” She ran her fingers through her hair.

“What should we do, vice chairman?”

“We keep an eye on my so-called uncle.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++