039

I Want To Look At You

 

Year 20XX

 

 

 

Chani slid down from the car and jogged towards the house, and then he halted.

“Good afternoon, young master.” Hana’s secretary appeared from behind the house, Chani looked at the male.

“W—What is this, hyung? Is noona going to use this?” Chani asked as he approached the vehicle, he tilted his head, a little amazed but still confused.

“The vice chairman had to expedite the shipping and it took a while before the customs cleared it, young master.”

“Noona can’t drive this. She doesn’t have the temperament for this car.” Chani chuckled as he stared at the black Bugatti Divo.

“It’s for the vice president Kim. It’s his birthday tomorrow.”

Chani chuckled and shook his head.

“Is this because she feels bad she has to leave on his actual birthday?” He mused as they walked towards the house.

“Yes, that could be her reason. But, that car,”

“It’s quite a looker, hyung.” Chani said as they reached the living room, Hana was sitting infront of the TV with her phone in hand.

“What is?”

“The car outside.”

“Eh.” Hana shrugged, not interested.

“Noona, do you know how many units the company produced for that model?” Chani asked as he plopped down beside his sister, Hana patted his hand, welcoming him home.

“Do they keep count? It’s just a car.”

Secretary Seo smiled to himself, his boss just referred to a Bugatti as if it was a minivan.

“There are only forty of those, noona.”

“Oh, nice. Now, shut up and let me watch the news.” And then Hana turned to her secretary.

“Yes, ma’am?”

“Did you manage to rebook my flight? I don’t think I can fly out tonight.”

“Yes, I did. You don’t have to worry about it.”

“Good, thanks.”

 

 

 

“This definitely is a sign of the times.” Changmin mused as he walked in the dining room, Saeyoon chuckled before reaching out to squeeze his hand.

“What do you mean, uncle?” Geon asked as he swirled the spaghetti in his plate, Chanyeol looked on and shook his head.

“We’re celebrating your other uncle’s birthday in advance because everyone’s going to be away for work. It wasn’t like this before We’re all grown-ups.” Changmin chuckled before patting the boy’s head and taking his seat.

Rowoon walked in and greeted his cousins.

“Advance happy birthday, our youngest!” Chanyeol cheered, Rowoon rolled his eyes before bumping fists with him.

“I saw Chani outside, he’s already on his way in.” Changmin said as his cousin sat down beside him. Rowoon nodded back and looked around the table.

“Jihye couldn’t make it?” Saeyoon asked, she immediately elbowed Changmin as he rolled his eyes.

“She has this closed-door meeting tonight; she says she’s not sure if she can get out of it.” Rowoon shrugged in response.

“Uncle!” Geon waved at Chani excitedly as the youngest Kang walked in the room.

“Your sister?” Chanyeol asked as Chani took his seat.

“Noona’s already on her way here, she had to get her passport from secretary Seo.” He replied.

“How’s school? Fun?” Rowoon asked lightly, the younger male rolled his eyes.

“Enjoy it while it~”

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry!” Hana came dashing into the room, Changmin grinned at her as they girl leaned against the back of Chanyeol’s chair, panting.

“Traffic. Bad. Very bad.” She breathed, Rowoon glanced at her and grinned.

“Advance happy birthday!” She greeted as she waddled to him, Rowoon stood up and Hana hugged him.

“Sorry I have to fly out tomorrow.”

“I thought you were supposed to leave today?” Rowoon asked, the girl shrugged at him before kissing his cheek.

“Happy birthday, well in another time zone it already is your birthday.” She chuckled before slipping in something in his coat pocket.

 

 

 

“Everything looks good.” Hana mused as they started to eat.

“Where are you off tomorrow, Han?” Saeyoon asked as she took a sip of her wine.

“Beijing. I’m flying with halmae, unnie.”

“Oh, it won’t be a fun trip then.” Saeyoon said teasingly, Hana rolled her eyes.

“You know her, it’s all work when it’s a business trip.” Chani commented with a smile.

“What about you, Geon’s father?”

“New York, noona. A product launching and GM has some businesses there too.” Chanyeol replied, Hana started to eat, she felt Rowoon nudge her.

“Hey,”

“Don’t forget to take cold medicine with you.”

“I know. You sent me a reminder twice today.” She pointed out, Rowoon chuckled.

“How long will you be gone?”

“Till the weekend. Why? Do we have plans?”

“No, but,” Rowoon reached for something in his pant pocket, Hana paused, confused.

“Here.” He said as he pushed the small velvet box to her.

“You got me a present?” She deadpanned at him, Saeyoon looked up from her plate and silently looked at the two. Han opened the box and her eyes widened.

“Rowoon, what~”

“You said you like it. But they didn’t have your size.” Rowoon glanced at the Harry Winston box again.

“Rowoon, it’s your birthday.”

“Yeah, I know. Try it on.” He said excitedly as he took out the tennis bracelet from its box and asked for her hand.

“Rowoon, I can’t~”

“Stop acting modest. I know you want it.”

Hana laughed and eventually stuck her arm out to him. Rowoon unhooked the clasp and easily put it around her wrist.

“It looks perfect. There. Now, go back to being modest.”

“Thank you, Rowoon-ah. I hope you like what I got you.”

“What did you get me?” He asked, curious.

Hana smiled and patted on her left chest.

“You got me some…..s?”

“Rowoon!” She hissed at him; Geon was sitting right across them.

“What did you~” Rowoon reached for his coat pocket and pulled out a keyfob that had a rubbon taped to it.

“Hana?”

“Yes?” She said as she went back to her meal.

“You didn’t.” Rowoon said as he stared at the key, a huge grin was starting to form on his face.

“I did.”

 

 

 

“How in the world did Hana manage to get one of those?” Chanyeol whistled as they stepped out of Rowoon’s place.

“A couple of trips to France and Italy.” Chani murmured as Rowoon jogged towards the car.

“I don’t understand,” Saeyoon hummed as she joined the two.

“What, noona?”

“Look at those two,” She jutted her lips at them. Rowoon was rambling on about the car as he went around to admire its beauty. While Hana was leaning against the hood, listening to him with a small smile on her face.

“Doesn’t it confuse you?” She finished, Chani shook his head in reply.

“Sometimes, but, most days they’re just two good friends, bickering about food.” Chanyeol shrugged, Changmin hopped to them and placed one arm around Saeyoon.

“This..This is really nice of you, Han.” Rowoon said, Hana nodded back at him and stretched her arms.

“I wanted to get you the white one, but the black one looks better. Well, to me. And, you never opt for black cars.” She said to him.

“You don’t like riding black cars, Han.”

“Well, yeah, but I’m trying to get over that.” Her forehead creased briefly, Rowoon tilted his head at her.

“So, if I come and pick you up with this, you’ll get in, right?”

“Sure.” She narrowed her eyes at him, Rowoon laughed and nodded.

“You don’t have to rush getting over that, Han. It’s fine.”

“I know, but it seems so…” She trailed off and chewed on her lower lip, Rowoon nudged her.

“So, do you like it?” Hana exhaled and looked at the car again.

“I love it. Thank you, Han. You’re the best.” He mused before wrapping his arms around her.

“I know.”

“You’re already itching to go home, huh?” Rowoon mused, still not letting go of her.

“Will it be rude if I do?”

“A bit.” He jokingly said before kissing the side of her head, Hana patted his back and he let go of her.

“I’ll go get the car, noona!” Chani called to them.

“I’ll see you next week?” She asked as Rowoon fixed the lapels of her coat.

“You will.”

Rowoon cupped both of her cheeks before dropping his arms to his side, Hana waved at the others before jogging towards Chani.

“Not a bad deal, diamond bracelet, super rare car.” Changmin smirked as he walked to his cousin.

“I’m just glad she was able to make it tonight, hyung. She was supposed to fly out earlier.” Rowoon said as he unlocked the car.

“You literally got her a gift on your birthday. Did you also get one for your girlfriend?” Changmin said, keeping his tone light.

Rowoon opened the driver’s seat door and slid in, his brows rose as he saw a Squirtle plushie on the passenger seat, he was even buckled up and all.

Rowoon smiled to himself and shook his head.

“I like this better.” He murmured as he poked the plushie’s cheek.

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++