031

I Want To Look At You

 

 

Hana stared at her plate of pasta before picking up her utensils.

“It not going to be an easy week.” She said under her breath, Jaehyun caught that and he looked at her.

“What do you think is going to happen, noona?”

“With my grandmother going home tomorrow, there will be a meeting. And she’s going to announce her retirement. That means I have to take her place. Well, in a perfect world that would occur.” Hanan murmured, she glanced around them and she smiled to herself.

“But, it’s not. So, halmae arrives tomorrow. And there will be meeting tomorrow too, that scandal is going to be discussed. And they will use that against me.

”But it’s not true, noona.”

“I know, but not everyone will believe that. Plus, they’d reason out that it’s not good for the company’s image.” She shrugged as she forked around her food, Jaehyun chewed on the insides of his cheeks before taking a small sip from drink.

“Must you take over for your grandmother?”

Hana looked up, her brows going up.

“What do you mean?”

“You mentioned it, if you don’t take it, you have directors you trust in the company. Why not just give the position to one of them?” Jaehyun said.

“If you decide that you can’t do it, Han. Then, we’ll find a way. I’m sure there is,”

“So, I shouldn’t accept the position?” Hana murmured as Rowoon’s words continued to play in her head.

“A way where KangSan is protected and you don’t have to be chairman.”

“If it’s causing you this much trouble, then don’t do it, noona. It’s not worth stressing over.”

“However, if you do decide to take over and become chairman, I’ll be right behind you, Han. I’ll make sure no one gets to my grumpy lady.”

Hana pursed her lips, she looked at her food before taking a small spoonful of it.

“But, I want to do it.” She said softly.

 

 

 

“What is this? You all badgered us to come here this early.” Mingyu said as he walked into her sister’s office, Minhee grinned at him as her brother and his secretary took their seats.

“I invited someone over, oppa.”

“So?” Mingyu shook his head and crossed his arms.

“This person will be super helpful, just give her a few minutes. She’s already downstairs.” Minhee pressed her palms together in excitement.

“You’re excited.” Mingyu mused, the doors opened and a familiar face appeared.

“Jihye-ssi, welcome.” Minhee said with a welcoming smile, Mingyu stared at the girl then at his sister.

“Minhee, you~”

“It’s not that, oppa. I invited her over because I felt bad for her, didn’t you hear what happened at the SongAm party?” She said in coy tone, Mingyu grew confused.

“Our cousin threw another of her hissy fits, it put Jihye in a bad position,”

Jihye smiled politely as she was introduced to the two males, Mingyu’s secretary glanced at the two Kim children.

“What did Hana do?” Mingyu asked.

“Hana got angry because I was seated on her chair.” Jihye replied, Minhee started to grin.

“She started to make a big deal about it, she even argued with Rowoon about it.”

“You’re dating Rowoon, right.” Mingyu murmured to himself.

“This is the worst part, oppa. Hana unnie even made Rowoon choose. I mean, she didn’t say it that way, but you know her. She thinks she the world owes her everything.” Minhee made a face, Jihye glanced at the girl and didn’t react.

“Hana walked out on that party, and I don’t know if she’s behind this, but my own boyfriend has been ignoring me for days now. I just think..it’s unfair.” Jihye said softly.

“You know what, we’ll help you, Jihye-ssi.”

“I want her to feel how I feel, being left alone, never being chosen. I…want to teach her a lesson.”

 

 

 

Rowoon looked up from the documents her was reading, he shook his head before pushing himself away from the desk. He stood up and stretched his arms as he laid his eyes upon the morning view of the metropolitan. He heard his phone ring, he glanced at the device.

Jihye

He turned away and crossed his arms.

Rowoon exhaled as he noticed the framed photo on the bookshelf. It was taken during Changmin’s birthday. Hana was smiling at the camera while Geon sat on her lap and he was standing right behind them, his chin on top of her head.

"What are you staring at?” A voice made him turn his head, Chanyeol strolled into the room.

“Hyung,” Rowoon fixed his tie.

“You’re regretting things, huh?”

Rowoon paused, he didn’t react and sat down.

“I don’t think you remember but we had this one conversation before, we were out drinking. And, that was around the time when Han was seeing this guy, I forgot his name, but…” Chanyeol crossed his arms over his chest with a small smile.

“It was quite obvious that it didn’t sit well with you.”

“What are you saying, hyung?” Rowoon looked away from his cousin.

“Hana and that guy. It didn’t sit well with you, so Changmin hyung started teasing a very drunk you. He went on about Hana marrying the guy, and you having to attend their wedding, and eventually you also become their kid’s godparent, hyung went on.”

Rowoon’s forehead creased, as memories started to flood back in his head.

“And, you got mad. Kinda wobbly, but you got really irritated. You went on about how the guy didn’t deserve her and he was nothing but a joke, and that he might even hurt Hana too. You even encouraged us to do a check on him. That’s when I realized that maybe you…you don’t see her the way we do.”

“Hyung, Hana~”

“Maybe you do really have feelings for Jihye, but with Hana…it’s just a lot more. And, you’re using the other to cover that.” Chanyeol finished and he buried his hands in his pockets.

“Rowoon-ah, look what you’re doing now. Jaehyun should be the one getting involved, but, you’re buying out everyone who has spoken bad about her.”

“They’re spreading lies about her.”

“You don’t have to shut them down.”

“Should I let them continue then?”

Chanyeol grew amused and didn’t reply.

“So, you’re going to destroy anyone who comes in her way?” He asked, Rowoon stood up and simply nodded. Chanyeol paused and glanced at his cousin again.

“It seems like a plan.” He murmured to himself.

The doors opened and Rowoon’s secretary stepped inside, the male greeted the older GM Daewoo son.

“Sir, we already have a name.”

“A name?” Chanyeol repeated, Rowoon picked up the business card his secretary put on his desk.

“Report Joo Ilsoon, sir.”

“Is he the one who started all this?” Chanyeol asked, he looked at Rowoon, gauging the younger male’s reaction.

“What else do we know?” He finally spoke.

“His phone number, work address and home address.”

Chanyeol balked at his cousin.

“Y—You’re scary.”

 

 

 

Chani watched as his sister pushed the wheelchair towards the dining room, she was chatting with their grandmother animatedly.

And it irked the younger Kang that his sister seems okay and unbothered. Too unbothered.

Chani joined them at the table, he smiled at the elder before taking his seat.

“I’m sorry I can’t stay long, halmae. I’m needed at work.”

“It’s fine, I also saw the news. Are they already working on it?”

Chani saw his sister pause for a moment, but she nodded.

“Yes, I got in contact with everyone yesterday. Don’t worry about it, I’m already on it.” Hana said as she finished her coffee.

“How about you invite everyone for dinner.” Mrs. Kang spoke, Hana and Chani looked at her.

“Yes?”

“I want to see everyone later; I know the GM family has been of great help to us for years. I’d like to meet everyone; I haven’t been home in a while.”

“I’ll give the hyungs a call, halmae.”

“Good, I also heard that our Changmin is getting married too.”

Hana grew quiet on her seat and she slowly stood up, Chani looked at him.

“I—I have to get going, halmae. I’ll see you later.” She said as she walked to the lady and kissed the top of her head.

Chani padded after his sibling towards the doors, he caught her arm before she could leave the house.

“Noona,”

“What is it?”

“Things…are okay, right?”

“The company’s fine, it’s just some bored reporter~”

“I meant you, noona.”

Hana sighed and smiled at him, she reached out to muss his hair.

“I’m okay, thanks for worrying about me.”

Chani let go of her and watched as his sister’s Audi sped out of the driveway, he shook his head to himself and before joining the elder again.

Secretary Gu looked up just as Hana pulled over the curb, he worriedly glanced at the group of reporters already gathered by the doors.

Hana stepped down for the car and they all started yelling her name, the girl paused briefly but she moved forward.

“Ma’am, the articles have been taken down, but they still want to hear from you.” He said in hushed tones as they security made way for them.

“The case has been closed for years, why would they want to talk about it again?” Hana stopped walking and looked at the media, they were even taking photos of her. Her forehead crumpled briefly. Her brows went up when she noticed a vehicle parked just by their curb, it was an Aston Martin convertible. She exhaled and started walking again.

“They’re calling for an emergency meeting this afternoon.”

“Give me a few seconds to pretend that I’m surprised by that.” She murmured as they stepped through the lobby, they headed for the elevators, but someone had come up to her.

“What’s this, noona? You’re still talk of the town.” Mingyu said with a small smirk as he stood before her.

Hana chewed on the insides of her cheeks.

“As someone who works for the company, you seem pretty please about it.” She said, Mingyu shook his head.

“I’m worried for you, noona. That’s all.” He said to her with a small shrug, Hana chuckled. She glanced at the doors again, her eyes landing on the car parked outside.

“I mean, noona, you will become chairman, and yet people are starting to discover who you really are. What to do?”

Hana’s lips curled up and then she spoke.

“Actually, I’m the one who’s a lot more worried. For you.”

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++