003

I Want To Look At You

 

a/n:  Foreword has been updated! :>

 

 

 

 

“These two took up Japanese while we went for Chinese.” Rowoon grinned at Jihye, Chanyeol glanced at his older cousin.

Okay, let’s talk outside.” Hana said, she felt Rowoon’s gaze on her.

“I’d like pasta as well, can you order for me?” She asked him, the male nodded back.

“Carbonara? They have really good carbonara, Hana-yah.” Jihye spoke, Changmin stood up from his seat.

“She doesn’t like milk on her pasta, it’s fine. I’ll order for you, go.” Rowoon said, Hana grinned at Jihye before following the older male.

“Chani’s running late.” Chanyeol commented, trying to change the topic.

“It’s only a couple of months before he finishes school, Hana’s must be ecstatic.” Jihye said as she glanced at the windows. A waiter finally approached them, and the two males started to order for the table.

“Hyung, I heard you bought that Gangnam apartment, good choice.” Rowoon commented as soon as the waiter left, Chanyeol nodded back.

“The price was right, and it’s quite near Geon’s school. I was thinking if he transfers by next year, we could live there.”

“Right, Geon mentioned that he was transferring to the big school.” Rowoon grinned as he took a sip from his juice.

Jihye leaned back on her seat.

His kid transfers schools, he buys a building for that. What a strange family.

“But, you preordered the new R8, you punk.” Chanyeol chuckled, Rowoon shook his head at his cousin.

“Another car?” Jihye looked at him, Rowoon gave her a small sheepish smile.

“Oppa, really.” Hana said as soon as they were at the restaurant’s garden.

“I don’t even know what Jihye did wrong for you to be…unwelcoming to her. She’s actually nice, takes good photos too.” Hana reasoned as she leaned against the iron railings.

“How long have they been together?” Changmin asked, Hana rolled her eyes.

“Two years, I think. Why?”

“She’s met us, Han. Even our nephew, she knows everyone around Rowoon now. But, when he brings up about meeting his parents, she always says no.”

“Have you been eavesdropping again, Shim Changmin-ssi?”

“Are you not worried? He’s your best friend.”

“He’s an adult.” She shrugged at him, Changmin titled his head at her.

“Okay, I noticed that. Rowoon does get upset about it, but he moves on the next day, like it never bothered him. So, I figured that it’s okay.” She shrugged at him.

“Their adults, Han, like you said. So, I think refusing to meet his parents is wrong, especially when the elders were the ones who invited her over.”

“Will you let this bother you the whole time while we’re eating? Because, I really am hungry. And I miss seeing you three together.”

“You talk to your idiot of a friend.” Changmin stated before opening his arms to her, Hana chuckled before giving the older male a big hug.

“Congratulations on your engagement, oppa. I’ll make sure to get you and unnie a great gift.” She stated as she pulled away from him.

“Jihye being shipped away would be good enough.”

“Shim Changmin!”

 

 

 

“Vice chairman doesn’t like to work on weekends, but she’d like to review some papers while relaxing.” Secretary Seo stated as the car made a quick left.

“She’s okay with us going to her lunch?”

“Since it’s not a work lunch, it’s fine. Besides, it’s good good for you to get acquainted with her circle of friends.”

The car slowed to a full halt, and the two secretaries went down, secretary Gu paused when he saw his boss stepping out of the restaurant with a young lady.

“Must you go so early? I was hoping you could join me; I need some new clothes.” Hana said jokingly, but the girl shook her head.

“I have a lot of catching up to do at work, but, maybe next week?”

“Han, let go of my girlfriend.” Rowoon said playfully, Hana grinned and let go of Jihye.

“Noona, I have to go back to school.” Chani jogged up to them, the male paused when he saw secretary Seo.

Rowoon made the girl face him and he was frowning.

“You’re really busy this week, it’s Saturday tomorrow too.”

“I know, but everyone in my department was out of town, remember? Don’t worry, it’ll be back to normal next week.” Jihye said as she patted his cheek, Rowoon sighed before kissing the top of her head and letting her go.

“Now, take notes. The other tall one, he’s wearing brown, vice president Shim Changmin of GM Daewoo, the next tall one, is the chairman of GM Motors.”

“The GM Daewoo brothers.” Secretary Gu said, the older male nodded back.

“Young master,” Secretary Seo bowed politely as the group neared them.

“I have to get going, I’ll see you at the party, Han.” Chanyeol stated as he helped the girl with her coat.

“Yes, drive safely, oppa.”

Chanyeol smiled and mussed her hair before leaving, secretary Gu watched as the male got inside a waiting Rolls Royce.

“You asked why no one is trying to woo our vice chairman, right? You're looking at the great wall, the obstacle or..hurdle before you can get to the vice chairman.” Secretary Seo whispered just as Hana faced them.

“Hyung, what brings you here?” Chani asked, he was holding onto his sister’s hand.

“Young master, I’d like you to meet~”

“Say hi, this is secretary Gu. Someone should be with his wife by now because their baby is due in a few days, but he’s adamant about really training him.” Hana spoke, Changmin chuckled from the back.

Chani grinned at the male before shaking his offered hand.

“Nice to meet you, young master.”

“I’ll get going, Han, remember what we talked about?” Changmin spoke, Hana turned her head and nodded with a sigh.

“When is your baby due, hyung?” Chani asked as he fixed his sister’s coat from the back.

“Next week, probably Thursday.”

“See? He shouldn’t be here.” Hana added, secretary Gu looked at the lady, he was starting to see the real her. There were always rumors of her being rude and unfeeling, but she wasn’t.

“It’s a Friday, vice chairman. And we’re here to give you this.” Secretary Seo said as his junior produced a folder.

“Ah, the Shin Banking proposal, thanks.”

“I have to go, noona, hyung.” Chani said, Rowoon bid him goodbye as the younger male walked away from them.

“We’ll also take our leave then, vice chairman.” Secretary Gu said, the two males bowed politely before moving away from them.

“What are your plans this afternoon?” Rowoon asked as they crossed the street, Hana let out a small yawn before hooking arms with him.

“Shopping. I need new clothes. Want to come with me?”

“Sure, I don’t have anything this afternoon.” Rowoon replied as he patted down her hair with his free hand, it was pretty windy out.

“Everything okay with work?” He asked as he held onto her purse for her when they reached her car.

“I have the BOD meeting next week; my aunt’s husband will be there.”

Rowoon’s forehead creased.

“He’s been pushing for Minhee to join the company, in fact, she already has her own department, perfect.” She said in a mocking cheery tone.

“Still no word from your aunt?” Rowoon took the keys from her.

“None.” She murmured, Rowoon sighed and opened the door for her.

“You know she can’t touch you, Han. You’re vice chairman, she works for you. Under you.”

“I know, but…they’re getting too close for comfort and I’m always going to be the target. And I don’t want Chani to have to go through this too.”

“Look, whatever happens, you and Chani are the rightful Kangsan heirs, not them. Everyone knows that.” Rowoon said as he placed his hands on her shoulders, Hana looked at him and nodded slightly, Rowoon smiled and dropped his arms ot his sides.

“Is everything okay with Jihye?” She asked him before getting inside the car, Rowoon nodded back in reply.

“She’s still deciding whether to go to hyung’s engagement party, but I think she’ll come around.”

Hana paused briefly but she reached out to pat his hand.

“She’ll come around. Oppa’s party is a private one, no press.”

“Thank you for getting along with her Han, it means a lot to me.” Rowoon said, she rolled her eyes at him and got inside the car.

“The things I do for you. And, Jihye’s actually really nice, you know. I don’t know why she has to end up with someone like you.”

“Don’t start. We just ate.” Rowoon shot back.

“But, I really want those Chanel mules.” She said before he could close the door.

“Okay, let’s get you those.” He shot back with a grin.

“In green.”

“Of course.”

“And~”

“In a pale pink, I know.”

 

 

 

Chani jogged towards his white Mercedes Benz AMG G65, he unlocked the vehicle and quickly got inside. He saw his sister’s two secretaries cross the street and got inside a waiting sedan and he made a mental note to buy a gift for secretary Seo’s baby.

His phone buzzed as he started the car, he took a quick glance at the screen before picking up.

"Hi, are you busy?"

"No, I just got out of lunch with my sister, what's up?" He had a small smile on his face as he reached for the seatbelt.

"My class was dismissed earlier than usual, I was wondering if you could pass by a sushi place?"

He chuckled and nodded.

"I'll go get you your favorites."

The girl chuckled from the other line.

"You're surprisingly lively today."

"I'll see you later." Chani snorted before ending the call, he noticed that he got a new text message.

I’m out with Rowoon this afternoon. Might buy some things later, do you need anything? – Hana noona

Chani was about to type in a reply but he saw a familiar silhouette just a block away from where he was parked.

“Jihye noona,” He spoke, just as Jihye walked towards a waiting SUV, the front door opened. The older girl was smiling as she climbed into the car.

“I thought she mentioned about taking a cab back to work.” He shrugged to himself before typing in a quick reply to his sister, informing her that he didn’t need anything from the mall. Chani stepped on the gas and made his way towards the traffic light, he noticed that he was just beside the SUV from earlier.

He leaned forward, trying to see Jihye through the light tint of the car’s windows and he paused.

His forehead crumpled and he quickly looked away.

 

 

 

“I don’t understand, they are all close friends?” Secretary Gu said, the other male sighed and chewed on his lower lip.

“I think I should tell you this in order for you to understand,”

“Yes, sunbae.”

The two were still on their way back to the Kangsan office, secretary Seo blew a raspberry before starting.

“The vice chairman met young master Kim when she was three, they are same age friends, with him just being a month older than her. And ever since the two have always been inseparable. People did assume when they were in their teens that they would get together, but it never happened.”

“Young master Rowoon has always been there for her, thru him, the vice chairman met the rest of his cousins. You could say that, the Kang children grew up with the GM Daewoo brood.”

“That makes her the only girl.” Secretary Gu nodded to himself.

“She is and she will always be.” Secretary Seo said with a small smile, and then his forehead creased before continuing.

“She was only eighteen years old when…the previous chairman and his wife passed away, I’m sure you heard about the car accident and that involved them?”

“Yes, I heard about it. The managing director spoke of it very briefly the other day.”

“Things were so bad back then, the in-law, director Kim Mingyu’s father immediately called for a meeting, he took advantage of the situation as he wanted to take over Kangsan Group, even though funeral rites had not even begun yet, he wanted to focus on that.”

“The young miss back then was at a loss; she didn’t know what to do. Her uncle threatened to kick her out and now he was trying to remove her from the company, along with her brother.”

“Oh.”

“I don’t know what happened, but they were almost evicted from their home because of him, but the cousins stepped in. Especially the oldest one, he got their company lawyers to straighten everything up. While the young master Kim stood beside the Kangs during the burial of their parents.”

“They lost their parents at such a young age.”

“After that, the Kims took them in, young master Rowoon wanted that. But, the vice chairman is a really strong young lady, you know. They marched back to their old home with the authorities and had their uncle and his kids removed.”

“This explains why she spoke to director Kim Mingyu that way.”

“The vice chairman over the years has made herself untouchable and she trained herself to be really good at her work, because she knows her greedy relatives are always prowling around her waiting for a mistake or for her to fail. And that’s why, those GM Daewoo sons have always been protective of her.”

“She’s like their sister.”

“Exactly, whatever Kang Hana wants, they will give it to her. No matter what it is. And, the vice chairman knows that, and she will never take advantage of their love for her.”

“Sunbae, if you look at it,”

“What?”

“If you do her wrong, those three guys will be coming for you, huh?”

“I’ve seen it happen, it’s not a pretty picture.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++