022

I Want To Look At You

 

 

“And now I’m starting to regret throwing that tantrum. Can I take it all back?” Hana asked as she walked the two males to the doors, Changmin was smirking.

“It’s always good to release whatever tension you’re keeping inside, Han.” Chanyeol said as he gently wrapped his arms around the girl.

“Just please don’t do anything, oppa. Alright?” Hana sighed, Chanyeol let go of her.

“You can trust me. It’s him who’s the problem.” He jutted his lips to his older cousin, Changmin rolled his eyes.

“We just came here to check on you and of course, bring you food.” Changmin stated as he mussed her hair.

“I really didn’t know that you’d give us a present too.”

“Oppa!”

“It’s brave of her to try doing this to you, Han. She’s in the wrong. And, you’d never lie to us. We know that.” Changmin said seriously, Hana paused and shook her head.

“I can’t be around her anymore, oppa. And I’m sorry if I don’t go with everyone for lunch and our usual things. I can’t watch this.”

“What about Rowoon, Han?” Chanyeol asked as he opened the door.

“He knows where I stand, oppa. And, I don’t him to have to choose. So, I’d rather…let him do what he wants to.”

“Han, that girl is~”

“Oppa, I already told him what I saw. And, it’s up to Rowoon what to do. Maybe Jihye’s right, I’m way too around him. That can’t be healthy.” She reasoned, Changmin paused and he pursed his lips.

“Whatever. But, you know, if you ever do decide to here. We got your back.” Changmin said, he saw Hana briefly paused and then she opened .

“I want to do it, oppa.”

Chanyeol’s brows went up, he had no idea that the girl had changed her mind.

“Okay. When’s the next board meeting, princess?”

“I have two weeks.”

“Good. We’ll be watching.” Changmin grinned before leaving, Chanyeol bumped fists with the girl as he followed his cousin out. Hana exhaled and let her two secretaries in.

“Vice chairman,” Secretary Seo spoke as soon as they were inside.

“What happened? Why are you and miss Eom~”

“We do not talk about her. Not anymore. I’m sure you already know why I asked you to come?”

“Yes, this is a very good decision from you, vice chairman.”

Hana shook her head and went to her desk.

“They’re going to start attacking me once I announce this.” Hana said as she opened her laptop.

“I’m sorry for calling you here, I know you have a newborn. I simply wanted to update you and~”

“Vice chairman, I promised your late father that I’d watch over you.”

Secretary Gu smiled and nodded to himself.

“I was so scared of this, I never wanted..this day to come.” Hana said softly, she glanced at her phone as it started to ring. The two males looked at the screen.

Rowoon

“I want to become chairman.” Hana said as she put her phone inside the drawer.

 

 

 

Rowoon leaned back on his seat as the speaker continued his report, his phone was just infront of him. There wasn’t a single notification flashing on the screen and the irked him.

“What do you think, sir?”

All eyes suddenly went to him, and he paused.

“You want to push production to next year,” Rowoon spoke, his eyes focused on the screen for a short moment.

“Yes, sir. As we have agreed, it is better to push it next year since our competitors have released~”

“So, you want us to be one step behind them.” Rowoon said, his tone cold and flat. The other directors in the room turned quiet, even Chanyeol had stopped reading the proposed brochures.

“It’s not like that, vice president. We already agreed that~”

“That was two weeks ago, Hyundai had no release dates by then. Does that mean we’re going to stick that plan from before and let the other company take the market?” Rowoon asked as he stared at the male, the latter swallowed in panic.

“I get that it was already agreed to next year, but do you think that we shouldn’t adjust it even though Hyundai is planning to release theirs in a few months, just because we already decided to push it next year? Do you even have common sense?”

Chanyeol’s eyes went to his cousin, both surprised and worried.

“Why isn’t anyone speaking up? Explain why you think this is good enough.” Rowoon continued and the room went eerily quiet, his secretary was scratching the back of his head.

“Do we have anything else to discuss?”

“We’ll revise everything and talk with our factory managers for this one, sir.” One of the staff spoke quickly, Rowoon exhaled and looked at his older cousin.

“I guess this meeting is over, president?”

“Y—Yes, it is.” Chanyeol murmured, the two bosses stood up and left the room. The other directors let out he sighs as soon as Rowoon was out of earshot.

“Rowoon-ah,” He spoke as soon as they were outside the conference room.

“What’s going on with you?”

“Was that okay with you?” Rowoon asked him, Chanyeol glanced at the doors briefly.

“No, of course not. But, you didn’t have to~”

“Hyung, if it’s not that urgent, I have to be in my office. I have a lot of papers to review.” Rowoon intervened, Chanyeol slowly nodded back.

“Oh, okay. Go ahead.”

Rowoon turned his back to him and made his way to the elevator, Chanyeol saw his cousin loosen his tie as he waited for the doors to open.

“Should I call the young miss, sir?” Rowoon’s secretary asked in a small voice.

“She hasn’t been picking up, huh?” Chanyeol asked with a small grin, the male nodded back.

“Let him be. I bet he deserves her cold shoulder.”

“Yes?”

“Do you think he’d survive without Hana?”

The male glanced at his boss again before speaking.

“Honestly, sir, no.”

 

 

 

“This is a first.” Chani said as they walked in the Dior boutique.

“What?” Hana asked as she stared at the display of shoes, her brother glanced at her.

“You going to that SongAm thing.”

“A first?” Hana was confused, Chani snorted at his sibling.

“You going to that SongAm thing with another person. It’s a first, noona.” Chani said, Hana shrugged and picked up a pair of silver heels, he shook his head at her.

“I’d like to pick out a shoe first and look for a dress later.”

“Noona,” Chani sighed at her, Hana looked at him before pulling him to the next shelf of high heels.

“If you’re asking about Jaehyun, fine. Go, attack me with all those questions you have in your head.”

Chani smiled and crossed his arms.

“Why’d you say yes?”

“Because, saying no seems rude.”

“That or, you didn’t want to say no.” Chani said, he saw how his sister’s lips thinned and she peeled her gaze away from the shoes.

“Do you not want me to? I mean, I can tell him that we~”

“It’s not that, noona.” Chani chuckled before taking his sister’s hand.

“I know that you have a lot of things going on in a few days. And, I hate that I’m not going to be in town for the SongAm event.”

“Halmae needs you, Chani. Don’t worry about me.”

“It’s not you I’m worried about, noona. It’s Jaehyun hyung.”

“Hey!” She protested, he chuckled and simply pulled the girl with him. Chani glanced at her before talking.

“Years back, he’s always been so obvious about liking you, noona. I’m still surprised that you aren’t running away from him.”

“Why?”

“Remember that one guy who confessed to you back when you were still in college?” Chani asked, a pair of satin stilettos caught his eye and he picked it up.

“I guess.”

“You literally switched cars with Changmin hyung so that he won’t find you. You are that type of person.” Chani chuckled as he called for the sales attendant.

“I—I didn’t do that.”

“Yes, you did.” Chani mused back, Hana rolled her eyes at him. He asked for Hana’s size before facing her again.

“Are you going to give him a chance this time, noona?” He asked in a quiet voice, Hana puffed her cheeks and stared at him.

“Years back, I wanted to.”

Chani’s brows went up at her reply.

“Now, I…I really don’t know.”

 

 

 

“You always schedule this without telling us first.” Changmin grumbled as he joined their table, Saeyoon beamed at him.

“I was just excited to see everyone.” She said, Chanyeol glanced at the empty seat across him. Rowoon looked at his older cousin, Jihye was browsing throught the menu beside him.

“Hana said she’d try to make it. She must busy.” Saeyoon pursed her lips as she picked up the menu, Changmin leaned back on his seat and looked at their youngest cousin.

“Right, Rowoon-ah, how’s your darling doing?” Changmin asked, Chanyeol grimaced and hid behind the menu.

“I haven’t seen her in a while.” Saeyoon nodded along. Rowoon’s forehead creased briefly and Jihye glanced at him.

“I haven’t been able to talk to her lately, she’s been preoccupied ever since she got home.” Rowoon replied evenly.

“Really? You couldn’t drop by her office or something? You usually do.” Saeyoon chuckled as she called for the waitress.

“Why is something wrong with Hana? Why does he have to drop by?” Jihye spoke, Changmin’s eyes went to her and Chanyeol grimaced again.

“Why? Is he not allowed to see her?” The eldest GM cousin replied, Saeyoon paused at her fiancé’s tone.

“Hyung,” Rowoon spoke.

“I—I didn’t mean that, oppa. I was just joking.” Jihye said quickly, Changmin briefly raised his shoulders before getting his menu.

“Well, I’m just used to having Hana around, not you.” Changmin spoke as he checked the list of food, Rowoon’s forehead creased.

“I mean, it would be preposterous if Hana isn’t here because you asked her not to be around Rowoon, right?” Changmin chuckled, Chanyeol wanted to hide under the table.

Saeyoon chewed on the inside of her cheeks, Rowoon was about to speak but his cousin beat me to it.

“Do you know that Hana wants to do it? She’s already decided.” Changmin stated, Rowoon paused, he tilted his head.

“Being chairman?”

“What else?”

Rowoon looked at his glass of water and pursed his lips, Jihye could feel him tense up beside her.

“That’s why she has to be here. She’s family, she simply should not be told to back off.” Changmin said with a small shrug as they were served wine. Jihye looked away from them and let out a shaky breath.

“Well, other than that. Hana will always have the family’s full support. If she wants to be chairman, she will be chairman. If she wants to push somebody off a cliff or buy out some random publishing company,” Changmin picked up his glass, Rowoon was already on his phone.

“She will have it.”

“Hey, what are you trying to say?” Saeyoon said, wanting to lighten up the mood. Rowoon was already distracted, and then he looked up from the screen.

“I need to call someone.” He stated as he excused himself and left their table, Jihye swallowed and put the menu down.

“Just blurting out some reminders to keep the outsiders in check, baby. Don’t worry about it.” Changmin mused as he smiled at her, Chanyeol shook his head and took a quick peek at the look on Jihye’s face.

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++