014

I Want To Look At You

 

 

“Daejeon, my .” Hana mumbled as she picked up her pen, secretary Gu looked up from the chair he was sitting on. He was reviewing some files for his boss inside her office.

“I saw wrong? Me?” Hana scoffed, and then grew frustrated with the pen, she couldn’t remove its cap.

“A picnic? A freaking picnic!” She hissed, and then she threw the pen across the room, her secretary balked in his seat.

“Vice chairman~”

Hana sighed, she ran her fingers through her hair before speaking.

“I’m flying out tomorrow, are things ready?”

“Yes, ma’am.”

Hana nodded back, she shut her laptop close.

“KI Group wanted to set an appointment, vice chairman. It’s regarding the two new branches we will be starting for next year.”

“Set it to next week. Clear my schedule this afternoon.” Hana slowly stood up, she got her purse.

“Will you be heading out for lunch, vice chairman?” Secretary Gu stood up and helped her with her coat.

“Yes, you should take your lunch now.”

“I will, ma’am. It’s a Friday, so, you have your usual lunch at Doore Yoo with the young masters. President Shim called earlier. He wanted me to inform you that vice president Park is already in town.”

Hana paused at his words, and then she nodded back.

“O—Okay.”

“Should I ask the driver to~”

“No, I’ll drive myself.”

 

 

 

“I ordered the usual. Hana doesn’t like their seasoned chicken so,” Chanyeol pointed towards the beef dish.

Changmin sat down across his cousins, Rowoon was checking his phone.

“You weren’t at the office earlier.” Chanyeol said to him, the youngest cousin looked up.

“Yes, Jihye had something planned. How was your trip, hyung?”

Changmin glanced at the vacant seat across him, he looked at the windows again.

“We’re moving with Hino Oil, they’ve been wanting purchase tankers for some time now. I am a little worried that we may not be able to produce the volume they want.” Chanyeol continued, his forehead creased as he noticed the empty seat beside Rowoon.

“I saw the papers you sent me, hyung. It might seem impossible to finish everything but~”

“Where is she?” Changmin finally spoke, he checked the time on his watch. Rowoon looked at the seat, he pulled out his phone again.

“I called her earlier, but it went to voice mail.” Chanyeol stated as he picked up his chopsticks, Changmin pursed his lips.

“I’ll try giving her office a call. She must be in a meeting.” Rowoon stated, he put his phone to his ear.

“How is she? There’s so much talk about her.” Chanyeol sighed.

“Is Hana in a meeting?” Rowoon spoke, he put the phone on speaker.

“Actually, she left the office almost an hour ago, young master. I did inform her about lunch with you.”

Changmin paused, and he eyed the phone warily.

“R—Really? Do you have any idea where she might have gone to?” Rowoon grew confused, he drummed his fingers on the table.

“No, she didn’t say anything. I assumed she’d join you, young master. She asked me to clear her schedule for the rest of the afternoon.”

Rowoon thanked the male and ended the call.

“That’s strange, not even a call from her.” Chanyeol commented as he started eating. Rowoon leaned back on his seat and chewed on the insides of his cheeks. Changmin looked at his cousin briefly before speaking.

“You. You better check on her.”

 

 

 

Hana stepped out of from the mini mart with a bag of corn chips in hand.

“I shouldn’t let it bother me. I already did what I had to.” She was murmuring to herself as she went down the steps.

“That was my responsibility as his friend, to tell him what I saw. But he chooses not to believe it. That’s his problem now. And, I’ve got other problems.” She continued as she munched on her chips. She felt her phone ring, and she took it out from her purse.

She looked at the screen before answering.

“Jaehyun-ah, hi.”

“Are you busy, noona?”

“No, I’m not at work. Are you calling to remind me about tonight?” She asked with a small grin.

“Yes, and I’m calling to tell you that noona made it into a big thing. So, heads up.” Jaehyun mused, Hana nodded back.

“What should I bring? Wine?”

“You don’t have to bring anything, noona. But, you’re good with seafood, right?”

“Anything is fine, as long as you don’t force feed me carrots. We’re good, Jung Jaehyun-ssi.”

Jaehyun laughed from the other end.

“I’ll see you tonight, noona.”

“Hey, you still like peaches, right?”

“Y—Yes?”

“You like those cute little peach pastry puffs. We used to make a beeline for them before class.” She said while smiling, and then the girl stopped, realizing what she just said.

“I—I still like those, noona.”

“Great, I’ll bring some over later.” She said as she quickly ended the call, and chucked her phone back in her bag.

“Really, Kang Hana? Really? You bring that up now?” She grumbled as she took hold of her car keys. The girl was on her way to her car when one of the boutique doors swung open, and it almost hit her.

Hana looked up a couple had walked out, they were holding each other’s hands while sharing a cup of boba tea together.

“How cheap. Can’t they just buy one for each other?” She muttered, and then the pair stopped.

Did I say that out loud? !

Hana met the girl’s gaze and she froze, it was Jihye and she saw how the smile from her face fell so quickly.

“H—Han,” She blurted out as she yanked her hand away from the male beside her.

Hana took a step back; her brows were knitted together. The male glanced at the two women.

“You know her, babe?” He said with a curious smile.

“Hana, I can~”

Hana exhaled, she shook her head and turned her back towards them, the KangSan executive quickly got inside her car.

Jihye could only watch as the McLaren was seen careening away across the street.

 

 

 

Rowoon’s phone started ringing, he stopped walking and quickly took it out.

“Jihye,”

“H—Hey, where are you?” She asked, Rowoon glanced around the lobby before replying.

“KangSan office. Hana kind of disappeared.” He replied as he strode towards the elevators, there was a long pause from the other line.

“R—Really? Doesn’t Hana usually call you?”

“Not today. We kind of..had a talk and I think she didn’t like how…Is something up?” Rowoon asked as he got inside the machine, the employees recognized him and simply greeted the male.

“N—No, I was just wondering what you’re up to. Have you eaten?”

“Can we talk alter? It’s quite urgent that I find her.” Rowoon said, he was getting antsy.

“Okay, I can-”

Rowoon pressed on the red icon on the screen and put his phone in his coat pocket. The doors pinged open and he stepped out.

“I don’t think you should be smiling right now, noona.”

Rowoon paused, he could see Mingyu’s back down the hall.

“What do you want me to do? Cry and ask your father to stop making a joke out of himself?”

He could recognize Hana’s voice anywhere, he walked towards them.

“Go ahead, talk like that. Talk like you aren’t the reason why your parents are dead.” Mingyu let out a laugh, Rowoon froze in mid step. He saw the look on Hana’s face change and her fingers started to tremble.

“If you weren’t such a spoiled brat, Kang Hana, they would still be alive right now. Well, that could have been part of your plan, huh?” Mingyu continued.

“Since they’re out of your way now, you can easily become chairman. Am I right?” Mingyu mused, and then he was suddenly grabbed from the back. Rowoon’s fist came flying straight to his face and he landed on the carpeted floor with a loud thud. Employees all stopped moving and could only stare at them.

“Watch your words, you bastard.” Rowoon spat, his jaw clenched and unclenched as he looked at the male.

“Of course, you would interfere.” Mingyu said as he wiped the blood off the side of his lips.

Rowoon turned to Hana, the girl was staring at the male on the floor.

“Well, isn’t it true? She’s not denying it.” Mingyu started to laugh, Rowoon’s lips quirked up as he stepped towards him.

“Should I make it so you don’t get to talk anymore?” Rowoon asked softly as he leaned down to meet the male’s gaze.

“Rowoon-ah,” Hana spoke, Rowoon’s lower lip jutted out as he looked at the male, a sure sign of how angry he was at the moment. Mingyu started to grin at him as blood dripped down to the front of his shirt.

“What are you going to do, GM boy? Throw money at her problems?”

“Want me to throw you out instead?” Rowoon shot back, Mingyu paused, they heard footsteps coming towards them. Hana looked up, someone had called security.

“Rowoon, my office.” Hana said, Rowoon stood up, he fixed the lapels of his coat as he followed the girl down the hall.

“You will hear from my lawyers!” Mingyu threatened, Hana stopped walking and she turned.

“Vice chairman,” One of the guards approached the two.

“Throw him out of the building.”

“Y—Yes?” The male was surprised, Rowoon exhaled and went ahead, Hana heard the door to her office shut close.

“I said throw him out.”

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++