THIS IS IT!

UNEXPECTED

To where Suzy was staying is not such a long drive from the concert stadium, but there was heavy traffic becuase of it so both of them had time to relish their experience together. 

"It's nice to have a life sometimes.", Myungsoo exclaimed. 

"Yeah, I know. It's been so long since I last partied like that.", Suzy said. 

"You know what.....in eight years, this is the first time I went out for a date. So technically, you, Suzy, you are my first date in eight years."

But when both of them knew that Suzy's house was only a few blocks away, the atmosphere became calmer and they knew that they had to somehow part ways for the night. And soon their enthusiams died down. It was already an hour past midnight. Myungsoo pulled off and Suzy got off. Myungsoo walked her to the door. 

"Go home, you too must be tired too. Well, because of me....", Suzy scratched her head causing some hair to be disaranged from the high bun she made. Myungsoo smiled and motioned for her to go in. Suzy doesn't want to leave things unsaid, especially when it concerns her. 

"I don't really know what to say aside from thanks. Thank you for going through the trouble and being in a place you are not confortable with. Thanks for taking me out for a date... sort of... Be careful on your way.", Suzy said and smiled at him. He smiled back and turned around. Myungsoo started to walk towards his car and Suzy watched him. He wasn't far from Suzy's porch when he heard her calling him. 

Suzy ran after him. She always had a feeling that she always wanted to tell Myungsoo about something but wasn't sure of what is it. Myungsoo turned back and saw Suzy infornt of him. He smiled and waited for her to respond. She was still thinking of what to say to him. She didn't know which words to use.

"Myungsoo, I don't know what to say. I always feel that I need to tell you something but it always end up being stuck in here.", she placed her right hand on her chest. 

"I can't figure it out yet. I don't know if I am still unaware of it or if am just confused. I still have to figure it out so Myungsoo,I don't really know how to say it but for tonight all that I know is that I am really thankful to you for making me happy. ", she said. 

Myungsoo had a mixed feeling about what Suzy said. He had to clear his mind and arrange the thoughts he had in his mind as well as to remember the moment and be forever recorded in his memory bank and in his heart. 

"Suzy.", that was all he was able to tell her back. 

"It's almost two, go home. Text me when you get home. Drive safely.", Suzy turned around and waved goodbye. Myungsoo just stood there. He was rather surprised how calm he was. Unlike before when he would get jitters and butterflies in his stomach by the mere sight of Suzy but now even after what had Suzy just told him, he didn't feel agitated at all. 

"Suzy.", he said louder. Suzy looked back and he walked towards her. He felt like his mind leaving him and his heart took over dictating the movements he was making. Suzy saw Myungsoo, she thought that Myungsoo would do something silly again like the kiss on her cheek this time he looked calm and rather serious. She waited for him. Suzy felt like she had seen the same thing on movies but she knew thay only exisisted as such. 

"Suzy, will you believe me if I would say to you that I have feelings for you? Ofcourse you wouldn't", Myungsoo sighed and smiled. 

Suzy just stared at him. Suzy's mind went blank. He was her friend she never took his actions to the next level and linked it to something else. She convinced herself that it wasn't feasible for the two of them. 

"My feelings for you are as real as it gets. When I realized it, it was too late. You have moved on with your life. But I didn't expect we'd meet again here. As you said who would have known. And because of that I became clearer. The reason that I didn't date anyone, that is why I can't look at other girls, it's because it's impossible to find another girl like you. This is from my the bottom of my heart.", Myungsoo said. 

Both of them just stood thier, motionless under the roof of Suzy's porch near the stairs leading to the door. Suzy just stood there as if she hadn't heard anything where as Myungsoo, after confessing felt like all of his strength was drained out of him and looked on the floor waiting for Suzy to react. There wasn't anybody around, not even cars passing by. It was a quiet neighborhood. Only the streetlights provided them with light and the rest was deadshot darkness. And ofcourse silence. 

Myungsoo was prepared to take a rejection and his heart was already torn into peices already by this time because Suzy hadn't said anything for almost a minute now. It was a normal reaction he thought. He had never tried confessing to someone but swore that he would only have feeling for one girl, Suzy. 

Suzy cleared . Myungsoo felt his knees weaken.He looked at her. She was looking at the floor. Teary eyed. Suzy is always sensitive especially with matters of the heart.  

"I hate you. I hate you because you knew, but you let things be dragged up to this point. You don't understand. You should have stopped me, you should have told me earlier. I couldn't tell you before because I was afriaid and I knew I couldn't bear to be rejected twice, you had a girlfriend who was way to high for me to reach, then you've liked a girl who is a complete opposite of me. Then you leave without saying a word. ", Suzy begen to cry. Myungsoo moved closer but Suzy backed off. She made herslef stop. She lifted her head up and smiled. It was something unusual. Myungsoo to was surprised. Suzy looked upset but not to upset. 

"But Myungsoo, over the years I can't disregard what you have done for me. As the days passed, I've realized that we were both to young and we certainly not know anything about those things so I have conviced myself that friends is that we'll always be. And friends we shal also be in the future. But speaking of 'now', I think I know now what is that I want to say to you that I didn't know of before.", Suzy paused for a while. Myungsoo just looked at her. He was glad that Suzy didn't take things at heart too much. But as we all now, it was Myungsoo's fault why it ended up like this. 

"For the record, I don't hate you. Just that moment when things came rushing back.", Suzy giggled and Myungsoo sighed. 

"The past is past, I didn't have any idea how you felt and I just can't dwell with doubts and uncertainties when you left that is why I have moved on."

"How can I, after you taking me to the concert just now, after buying me coffee and pastry now and then, for staying up late and helping me around with my rounds and paper works, and for making me feel better every now and then.", Suzy added. 

"But the thing is, maybe tonight........ This time......It's only you who's feeling that way. I'm sorry.", Suzy ended. She smiled at him once more and turned around and went inside. Myungsoo slowly walked towards his car in disbelief of what had just happened. 

After thirty minutes, Suzy was able to take a bath and was ready to go to bed, she was in the middle of reading her daily devotion when she received a text from Myungsoo. 

"JGH. SLEEP WELL. SEE YOU. GOOD NIGHT..0.0". 

As if nothing had happened. Suzy tried to get some sleep but things that happened that evening kept on flashing on her mind. She felt a little at ease but also was doubtful of what had just said. If that is how she really felt.. As for Myungsoo the whole picture was clearly recorded in his mind, that every detail was there, he knew that that was what Suzy would tell him, but atleast now, he didn't become a coward and was able to tell Suzy directly how he feels. There is always something good to come with the bad.