dinner

UNEXPECTED

Myungsoo delicately stiched the wound on his patient's knee, this was something Myungsoo really enjoyed. After securing the stitches he told the patient that he is already good to go. Nobody can describe the feeling of interacting with patieint for a soon to be doctor. When he got out to do the paper work, Myungsoo saw Suzy at the nurse's desk, maybe doing some paper work too. He aproached her but when Myungsoo's a step away from Suzy, he hesitated, turned his back and walked away. Midway, he heard Suzy call him. 

"Myungsoo.", he looked back and walked towards her. You don't want to make a scene on the hospital corridors, do we?

"What is it?", he asked her. 

This was the first time he was able to look directly at her eyes, something he was  afriad of before. 

"About last time... thanks.", Suzy said shyly, looking at the floor and avoiding his gaze. 

"Eh? Don't worry about that. It is ok. Nothing to worry about.", Myungsoo said and smiled at her. 

Myungsoo started to feel nervous so each one of them felt uncomfortable. Myungsoo waved goodby and walked towards the other end of the hall. He once again hear Suzy call him. 

"Myungsoo."

This time, Myungsoo stopped walking but didn't aproach Suzy, he then waited what would Suzy say next. 

"Nothing.", Suzy said and smiled lightly at him. 

Myungsoo, confused, scratched his head smiled back and then started walking again. Suzy stayed where she was before, might be confused as well. 

Later that afternoon, Suzy was ready to go home, fixing herself in the quarters, with her was Nancy and a few more interns. Just as when she was about to step out of the room, she and the others were paged to help with an emergency case. 

There happens to be a fire on the other side of the city and several needed medical attention, Suzy quickly changed and joined the others, when she arrived in the emergency room, Myungsoo and the others were all busy, she also soon became occupied assisting others and guiding nurses. And because of that her duty was extended five hours passed her time. 

Suzy finished changing when Myungsoo went inside the quarters to get ready to go home. Because of Nancy, Suzy's new found friend, Suzy stayed a little more before going home. Outside the hospital Myungsoo was able to catch-up with them. 

"Myungie! Do you want to eat dinner with us?", Nancy asked Myungsoo. 

"Sure, if it's ok with Suzy.", Myungsoo . 

Suzy looked at him, eyebrows crossed as if she telling him to stop.

"Suzy?", Nancy asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine with it. I don't see any problem. ", Suzy said cassually. 

"You didn't bring your car?",, Nancy asked. 

"Yeah, I'm out of gas money.", Myungsoo answered. 

The three of them crossed the street when the lights turned green. Nancy was in the middle of the two while walking. 

"Where do yo want to eat?",Myungsoo asked. 

"Anywhere's fine with me.", Suzy said enthusiastically. She thought that she's the one who might kill the mood. 

"How about we go to the korean barbeque place we ate in last time, I'm sure Suzy's missing Korean food by now. ", Nancy said. Nancy acts like a child when she's outside the hospital, clingy and talkative. 

"Ok, Call.", Suzy said. 

When they had reached the restaurant they immediately sat and ordered. The three were getting along talking when suddenly Nancy's cellphone rang. Aparently, it was Nancy's husband asking her to come home immediately to look after their child. Nancy married early and had a child too. This was the first time Suzy learned about that. 

"I'm sorry guys but I have to go, John had an emergency business trip to make, there would be no one to take care of Grace tonight.", Nancy said. She got of her seat and immediately hailed a taxi home. 

Myungsoo and Suzy was finally left alone together. At first the two ate their dinner silently when Myungsoo decided to break the ice. 

"So, how are you and Minho?", Myungsoo asked. 

Suzy smiled and continued to eat her dinner. She took a bite, swallowed and replied. 

"So, that's the first thing you'd ask?", Suzy said and laughed. 

Myungsoo felt emabrrased. his ears felt hot but he manage to laugh it off. The two somehow felt more at ease now.

"Why? Is there anything you want me to ask?", Myungsoo drank from his soda can.

"Well, you could have asked me how am I doing first.",Suzy said jokingly.

"I heard you're still single?", Suzy added. 

"So what, can't I be single?",Myungsoo replied. 

"I'm starting to think you're-"

"Gay? I heard that millions and millions of times. Ofcourse I'm not."

"Then what is it?", Suzy asked. 

"Then how about you and Minho?", Myungsoo asked. 

The two of them just laughed. Both of them aren't yet that open with each other at that point

The two were able to breathe easily after exchanging a few lines comfortably. The tension between the two somehow subsided that evening.  The two talked, effortless until it came to the point where things got serious. 

 "Suzy, are you mad at me?", Myungsoo asked. With his cold- serious gaze that Suzy never got used to. 

Shivers came rushing down her spine. She didn't know what to say or how to respond. She just simply said. 

"I don't know Myungsoo, I still don't know."