MORE THAN THIS

UNEXPECTED

All these time, Suzy thought that she's only dreaming but somehow since that day, she was warned that her dreams might simply come to an end one day. 

She just thrived on the thought that in every story there's an ending. 

Perhaps her's just ended a little too soon. 

Well, Myungsoo moving to Canada doesn't mean the end right?

 As far as we all know, nothing had really happened between them and they had just stayed as friends. Their friendship had not progressed further into a different level.

Nothing really hapened out of the ordinary in the past few weeks after prom and after Suzy knew that Myungsoo was moving.

Suzy remained cheerful and acted like she didn't know that Myungsoo's moving. Their deal didn't happen and Suzy just told Myungsoo that the punishment thing was just a joke. They still remained close, ate lunch together.

One time they even went home together. Well not totally. Suzy was about to meet her parents at the shopping district one afternoon after school, since Myungsoo's house was along the way, he offered Suzy to accompany her their meeting place. She even met his grandfather that was also kind to her eventhough she was an unfamilliar face.  

Myungsoo even invited Suzy to attend their church and Myungsoo also attended Suzy's church service upon her invitation. They even went to the mall, on an occasion when Suzy did grocery shopping all by herself because her parents are both on a business trip for the whole week. 

On her birthday, Suzy decided to do an overhaul on her look, not completely but she decided to do something she hadn't done before. The next day, fortunately, the first person she saw when she went to school was Myungsoo, waiting for her in the gate. The moment they saw each other,
Suzy wasn't sure of Myungsoo's reaction when he saw her. He smiled at her like the usual, but he looked like he was about to laugh any moment soon.

"A new haircut for the birthday girl.", Myungsoo went over Suzy and gave her a little tap on her head. Suzy wasn't able to say a word, as usual her heart beat shoot up like craze since it has been a while since they had been this close. Suzy just smiled and said,

"I just got them yesterday."

"You look pretty in any hairstyle. You look pretty no matter what in my eyes.", then Myungsoo handed Suzy a single white rose with a very long stem. It is said that roses with long stems are special and are out of season that time and to get one for someone, they would mean alot to that person. Myungsoo smiled and moved closer to her. He stretched out his arms, pinched Suzy's cheeks and like a fluffy dog, he patted Suzy's causing her perfectly straight and her bangs left in disaray. 

"Can't help it, you're so cute.", Myungsoo said and ran back inside the school. 

Suzy just stood there, unable to move or react at first. She  was experiencing a concoction of emotions she had never felt before. Being this in love made her feel anxious and eager at the same time. She suffered from a blend of contradicting emotions that was to hard to be contained in one word. 

Maybe? Who knows? If only Myungsoo would be feeling the same thing.

"Can't we be more than just this."

That was what Suzy wanted for her birthday. 

To cherish, and be more than something in their eyes, with only little time they have left.

Who knows, maybe, will be?

 

When she got inside the classroom, her classmates flocked over her to greet her. But when they noticed that the roses were white,

"Why did he give you white roses on your birthday?"

"White roses are given only to those you value as friends. ONLY AS FRIENDS."

 

Still, Suzy can't be more contented than this.