date.

UNEXPECTED

"Sometimes, you just don't know it even if it is already infront of you.", Suzy added. 

"Not until you have already lost it.", Myungsoo added. 

"Do you want to eat first.", Myungsoo changed the subject imediately. In his mind he already knew where their conversation is heading to. He doesn't want to spoil the night ahead of them. 

"No. I'm fine. We already ate that's why we're a little late. You know that it's Mrs. Cindy's birthday today?", Suzy replied. Rather cheerfully than serious. 

"Mrs. Cindy, the head nurse? Argh, should have got her something, she's such a nice senior. Took care of me during my first days. ", Myungsoo said. 

"That reminds me of... You know what. When I got here, I didn't have any idea in which hospital would I be accepted. What surprised me even more is that how small is our world. Like, have you ever had a single idea that we would meet again, here?", Suzy emphasized saying the word 'here'. 

"After all those years, the odds and the chances of us meeting again, and the way we did. Who would have known. Not that I did follow you here, nor did we talked about it. Not at all right?"

Suzy faced Myungsoo who was ofcourse seated on the drivers seat. He looked striaght at the road. He tried to think of the proper answer to Suzy's pondering as well as how can he relate it to their situation. He had an eyebrow up, his free hand was placed on his chin. Suzy laughed because of Myungsoo's peculiar expression. It was a nice timing for Suzy to , she thought. 


"You know what, have you ever heard of the gossips about you?"

"Me?", Myungsoo pointed at himself and he sounded really surprised. 

"About, interns, nurses, and other female staffs, fainting?",she wasn't joking for she had heard such rumors. 

"Fainting?"

"Yeah, you know... like in the movies. When the guys smiles and then the whole world colapses. Then you are also being called in different flattering names.", Myungsoo kinda like got the idea and generally oughted to dismiss it. 

"Flattering?"

"Yeah like, Dr. Charisma. Dr. Perfect Jr. Dr. Asian Prince. Dr. y. Ah! And Dr. Shoulders. Dr. Cool...."

"Shoulders?"

"Yeah! I had a friend nurse who asked me if I can give her your number and by chance she called you Dr. Shoulders because she finds your shoulders really apealing. Those kinds of names. You name it."

"Myungsoo, you are like a hospital celebrity, every single female staff is like into you! Last week, I even joined them while stalking your photos on facebook. It was fun becuase I get to know more about you more than they do. Advantage maybe?"

Suzy kept on going, she was in the mood for this. All the time it was Myungsoo who was always fooling around, teasing her.

 

"Oh come on, you are being sarcastic Suzy. I barely have time to fool around. You know that very well. And medically, that's not even possible.", he said. 

"Well, there are several ways a person can faint because of uncertain infatuation.. Well, there is....", Suzy started to explain, in an attempt to further. Myungsoo didn't sound angry but more like defensive.

"Let's not get started on that. Can't we not have time not spent unrelated to what we do usually.", Myungsoo said.

"Psychologically....", Suzy tried to add more but was shushed by Myungsoo who was also in the verge of laughing. He smiled and let out a small laugh as he tried not to show much emotions knowing that it was Suzy who was more dominants in their situation. 

The drive was longer than the usual. There was traffic because they were caught in the middle of rush hour. Myungsoo didn't worry because he had estimated that they would still make it in time before the concert gates close.

"And then, I also heard that you had a change in attitude. From cold-mysterious Dr. Kim you just turned into easy-going Dr. Kim all of the sudden. Many think that you had yourself a girl that's why.", Suzy said. 

"Introduce me to her ok? Ah and then don't you know that I also got involved in one of the rumors. Pshh. Remember when you played hero? I've been the talk in every nurse's station. And guess what I was the last to know. Well, proves that I am always one step ahead of everyone.", Suzy tried to speak as arrogant as she can. 

 

Myungsoo and Suzy laughed. Myungsoo reached out and wreaked havoc on Suzy's neatly combed hair. Suzy tried to fight back while Myungsoo was at it. They looked like kids getting on each other's nerves. Suzy felt like it was by far the happiest feeling she had eversince she and Myungsoo were reunited. Myungsoo was on the wheel and soon left Suzy alone to get her hair back to its place. 

"Don't you like it, being the fantasy of almost all of the single ladies in the hospital. You should run for the director's position. You'll surely win.", Suzy added. 

Myungsoo wasn't annoyed nor wasn't emotionless. He just enjoyed Suzy's carefree and persistent personality.

Myungsoo faced Suzy with a smirk clearly written on his face. 

"So, are you one of them?", Myungsoo fired back at Suzy as suave as he can be. Annoying for a girl who just wanted to make fun of a friend but also a little personal on her. 

"I said ALMOST. Almost.", Suzy stressed out.

"Why not? You told me that you liked me way back in highschool.", the smirked hadn't faded away. Myungsoo wouldn't let this one go. 

"It's in the past. My preferences had changed.", Suzy deffensively replied. She looked away and blinked twice. 

Myungsoo smiled and concentrated on driving. Suzy stopped her teasing and then there was silence. 

Suzy knew that her preference hadn't changed at all, she knows herself too well that what she looks for in a guy are the qualities that Myungsoo has. She also knew that despite the chances that passed her by, nobody was able to come near as how Myungsoo was to her and how she felt for him. She might have moved on but some things are already permanent despite all the changes that had happened. 

"So what do you look for in a guy?", Myungsoo tried to revive their conversation. 

"You know me, and you know it too well that I don't have time for that right now. Dating? That is not for me nor for you Myungsoo, we have to concentrate. It's a year to go before we take the specialty exam. And after that we are free.", Suzy replied. 

"Dates? Who told you that you can't have time for that, actually you are in a date right now. You and I are on a date. And that is final.", Myungsoo declared. 

"But. You only dragged me into this.", Suzy tried to explain. 

"No buts. This would be our official first date.", Myungsoo firmly said. 

"Well.. I suppose.......", Suzy hesistated. 

"As friends right? As friends.", Suzy added. 

"Yeah as friends.", Myungsoo tried so hard not to sound disappointed. 

Myungsoo found a parking space and pulled over. Opened the car door for Suzy.