HOLA

UNEXPECTED

Cristelle and Suzy was on Facetime again. 

"Just give him a chance, I don't see what's keeping you for not doing so. He's a nice guy. I think out of all of them, he'd be the best in understanding you and your needs, and he completely knows how hectic and complicated your life is now. Unlike some guy who thinks that you are lacking just because you don't have time.....", Cristelle was reffering to Minho who just called in a few days ago, telling Suzy that he and her are calling it quits. Minho can't wait for Suzy and had already moved on and is engaged already. This made Suzy upset that is why she called Cristelle. 

"Besides, it's Myungsoo who you liked initially. And out of all of them, it's him that you know best. I see no harm. What's in the past is the past already. It's now a fact that he is a douchebag for not noticing your feelings for him before but what's important is that he likes you know.", Cristelle added. 

"I don't want to trick myself.. I am so confused. So let's say that I would give him a chance, but I don't think that just because I LIKED him BEFORE, I would like him now. I think it would be better if I would like him for who he is now, but the feelings isn't there anymore.",Suzy answered. Stressing on the words liked and before. 

"Girl, I would agree on that, but may I suggest that you look at this whole situation in a different direction. Try using your eyes and your mind and ofcourse your heart just like when we were in high school, probably this would enlighten you. I think it's no mere coincidence that you'd two meet again and be stuck with each other in work just because it is so... try to be more childish... maybe it's destiny..", Cristelle said. 

"Whatever Cristelle....", she replied. Suzy wasn't annoyed but in her mind she was weighing Cristelles suggestions and giving much thought on it. 

Their conversation was interrupted when Suzy's aunt called her downstairs. Her aunt informed her that she and her family would take a trip back to Seoul to attend a highschool reunion and would be gone for about three weeks and that she would like to take the chance for the apartment to be remodeled and a new kitchen to be installed while they were gone. She gave her hotel money so that she can stay there comfortably while they are gone, but Suzy declined her offer. Though her earnings wasn't too much, she already had enough savings so that she can make it on her own. Her aunt insisted that she'd use it, but in the end they agreed that it would be used incase of an emergency. Her aunt and her family was to leave by the end of the week and she was adviced to make reservation and pack her bags temporarily. 

The following day at work, Suzy was expecting that she and Myungsoo would meet even for a while but both of them were kept busy because of their work. She kept in mind what Cristelle had told her, to look at it in a different direction. Though they were in good terms and it would be alright for her to ask Myungsoo out for lunch.Still she hesitated ans was bothered by it. When she had least expected to see Myungsoo, he just apeared right infront of her. 

"iHola!", Myungsoo said. He was smiling and was in a good mood.

"I have a kind grandma under my care, she's teaching me some Spanish....", Myungsoo added. 

"Good for you. You seem to be in a good mood? Have you had lunch?", Suzy asked.

"Cause I saw you. Nothing else gets me in a good mood other than seeing you. You seem to be waiting for someone. Could it be me? Now that would make me really happy. ", Myungsoo was being playful. Afterall Suzy didn't mind.

"Aiiii.. that won't work on me. Infact I am waiting for you just to say that I've brought some kimchi auntie made, I thought it would be nice if grandpa can have some.", Suzy just used the kimchi as an alibi but she really did have some prepared for Myungsoo.

"Great! Well, you could have just texted me.. Oh well? Wanna grab a sandwich?" 

"Sure!.", They both walked side by side as they made their way to the canteen. Some were looking at them, probably wondering why the two of them are together again. Their on and off friendship had been a hot issue on the nurses' desks. 

"Turned off my phone, going to ward of the calls, I have a day-off tomorrow. I don't want to max-out my overtime yet.",she said. 

"Taking the day-off in the middle of the week? Why?"

"I'm going to fix some stuff. Pack my bags......", Suzy wasn't even done yet when Myungsoo interjected. 

"You're leaving??!!"

"Ofcourse not. Not now..."

Myungsoo sighed in relief. Suzy laughed for a brief moment. 

"Auntie would be taking her family for a vacation. While they're at it, she'll have the unit remodeled. She said that they are going to tear down everything."

They both were eating lunch. Suzy, despite her plain clothing, oversized shirt, simple skinny jeans and sneakers, on top of that is the white coat, doctors would usually wear, one would look really bland. Not to mention that she had her hair tied up in the most unglamorous way, still she managed to look efortlessly pretty. Despite having no effort for fixing herself well because her time is always consumed by her work, she still remained beautiful and stunning in her own way despite being overly simple with her looks. As for Myungsoo, he would be usually in his scrubs, mainly because he's more into surgery than diagnostic unlike Suzy. But today, maybe because he didn't have any scheduled surgery, he just had his bright red t'shirt and plain blue jeans and sneakers too, he also had his white coat and on his shoulder was a stethoscope freely hanging. 

Suzy laughed after realizing that Myungsoo wore red, white, and blue colors. 

"Why?", Myungsoo asked. 

Suzy laughed harder. Myungsoo just looked at her with a bewildered expression. Now, Suzy laughed even harder when she saw Myungsoo's reaction. Myungsoo wanted to laugh with her but he felt not to. 

"Why?", Myungsoo asked again. He knew that Suzy's laughing because of him. He wiped his lips with tissue thinking some ketchup might have been left somewhere near his lips.Then he looked at the napkin, but there was nothing on it. 

"Suzzzzyyy??", he pressed. 

"You are like a walking flag of South Korea.",Suzy said in between laughs. 

He looked at himself from head to toe. Suzy was right. Up to the Converse that he wore, the colors were all consistent with the flag. He breathed out and pretended to be frustrated over being laughed at. When Suzy noticed and stopped herself from laughing futher, Myungsoo suddenly laughed too. 

Soon, both of them had to do their own business and promised to meet up later that evening before their shift ends so that Suzy can give Myungsoo kimchi she had prepared for him.