FIFTH ENCOUNTER

UNEXPECTED

ATLEAST, 

Suzy has alot to be thankful for. Unlike her friends who suffer from complete disregard from their crushes, while Suzy gets the complete benefit of being close with her crush. 

Suzy still tries to hide whatever she's feeling. Confused, extremely glad, depressed. Suzy just can't get over it. There are times when she would be really happy that she and Myungsoo had a conversation that day, or Myungsoo gave her food. Sometimes she'd be extremely concious and would rather stay inside the classroom. There would be nights when she and Myungsoo would be exchanging text messages all night long while there would be days when she would turn her cellphone off intentionally. There are times when she'd wonder if any of these would make a difference. 

Myungsoo and his girlfriend are still going steady and it has been months since Suzy and Myungsoo got to know each other. 

Suzy later on figured out that the first time Myungsoo replied to her message was the day when his girlfriend said "yes" to him. 

If Suzy had met Myungsoo earlier would things be different the way they were today. 

Suzy and Myungsoo's friendship continued. And the more they got closer as time goes by. 

But as they got close with each other, the more Suzy felt uneasy because of Myungsoo's girlfriend. 

Despite being a year ahead in school, Suzy, Myungsoo and his girlfriend are of the same age. So it was easy for Myungsoo's girlfriend to spread words or feel jealous towards Suzy. 

One weekend, Suzy was busy with cram school and Myungsoo went out-of-town, so Suzy and Myungsoo didn't get intouch with each other. The next school day, Suzy and her classmates are to change classrooms for their next class, Myungsoo was waiting for her down the stairs. He gave her a jar of strawberry jam he personally bought for Suzy. It was an act Suzy and her classmates didn't expect. 

Sometimes, her classmates tease Suzy that Myungsoo's girlfriend must be so jealous of her that one day they wouldn't get surprised if the girlfriend would challenge her in a cat fight. Ofcourse Suzy just laughed and shrugged of those kiind of thoughts. 

One night, out of curiosity, Suzy thanked Myungsoo for the strawberry jam and asked him what did he get for his girlfriend and why did he gave her the jar of strawberry jam when she didn't ask for it. 

Suzy was into believing that Myungsoo would buy something more for his girlfriend. 

"My girlfriend doesn't like simple things. Atleast, I know you'd be more happy with it. Was the jam delicious? I especially bought it for you. "

How thoughtful of Myungsoo. 

Deep inside Suzy was so happy that for the next two days she didn't have enough sleep but was still so energetic at school. 

After that, Valentines came. 

Valentines day that year fell in a Saturday. 

Suzy woke up that day completely unaware tha it was Valentines day. 

But when she went outside for a walk, eveywhere she went, she was constantly reminded of it was Valentines day that day. 

Suzy tried to act normal as possible but somehow, with everything between her and Myungsoo, Suzy can't help but to expect for something good to happen that day. 

A surprise delivery of a boquet of flowers. An impromptu date  perhaps. 

Suzy knew it was all imposible.

Suzy received several calls that day, asking her out but she turned them all down. 

All she wanted that day was a message from Myungsoo. 

All day long she stared at her phone,when everytime her phone lights up she'd get excited but later on dismayed because it was not from Myungsoo. 

Suzy  lost hope. Valentines day passed just like that, no greeting nothing. 

Suzy was angry, not at Myungsoo but to herself. 

 

After Valentines day was the annual school dance. 

This time, Suzy's feelings were already prepared not to expect for anything that night. 

The dance had already started and Suzy was late. When she arrived the first thing she did was to look for Myungsoo. 

She didn't find him but when she and her friends were on the way to get food, she and Myungsoo bumped at each other, but instead of their usual selves Myungso and Suzy didn't say anything to each other, eversince Valentines day, Suzy had felt that there is a wall between the two of them. 

The night was long for Suzy. Suzy turned down everyone whom asked for her to be their first dance. Suzy was saving her first dance to be the most memorable one. Soon the party got uniteresting for lone souls like Suzy so she decided to go home. 

Suzy descretely made her way out of the dance hall where the school couples are having the night of their lives. 

Suzy sighed. Earlier that nigh she saw Myungsoo and his girlfriend having their first dance. Suzy thought it was normal, but she can't help but feel bad for herself. 

"Suzy. Suzy.",she heard someone calling her from afar. 

She looked back thinking that she might have forgotten something inside the hall. 

It was dark and there weren't many people around she couldn't see at first. 

But when she was able to, she saw Myungsoo running towards her. 

Suzy suddenly felt like she was dreaming. But then again she told to herself not to expect anything. 

Myungsoo was able to catch up with Suzy. 

"Are you going home already?", Myungsoo asked catching his breath.

"Yeah.", Suzy simply said. 

"I am so sorry, I didn't recognize you at first. You look so different tonight.", Myungsoo said, still catching his breath.

"Different?",

"-No what I mean is that you look beautiful tonight. Will you dance with me? Umm. Last dance?", Myungsoo said. 

Suzy's eyes widened as she can't believe what she just heard. Her heart almost jumped out of her chest. Good thing that it was dark and so Myungsoo can't clearly see her expression. 

Suzy was at loss of words. She can't even open in disbelief. Suzy's night was about to end, suddenly, Myungsoo and his perfect timing comes along to make Suzy's night a night she would treasure the rest of her life. 

"Ahh..... Sure."

Myungsoo took Suzy by her hand. Suzy didn't say anything as they aproach the dance floor, whatever Myungsoo was saying to her was drowned by the music. 

The moment she had been waiting for. She can't look directly at Myungsoo's eyes as his hands touched Suzy's waist. Suzy looked around to check if there were people she knew. And they swayed together with the music. When Suzy was able to recover..

"I have a confession to make.", Suzy said. 

"What is it?", Myungsoo asked. 

Suzy gathered all her courage and said. 

"You are my first dance. Would that be ok?"

"It is my pleasure to be your first dance. By the way-", Myungsoo got something from his pocket. A small box. 

"I was supposed to ask you out last Valentines since my girlfriend and I have celebrated Valentines day some other day. But I thought that you may have already have a date for that day, so I just thought that I'll give this to you now instead.", Myungsoo said. 

Suzy, could never be happier in her whole life. 

"What is it?", she asked. 

"Something..."

When she opened it. It was a single Ferrero Rocher chocolate. Cutely nested inside the small box. 

"You once told me that you are allergic to chocolates. I didn't know what to give to you on valentines, since flowers wouldn't be posibble so I'm giving you chocolates."

"But where are the rest?", Suzy asked. 

"I ate them.", Myungsoo answered.

The two of them laughed. 

The night ended and Suzy was satisfied the way Myungsoo and her were.